PDA

View Full Version : One year anniversary on LHC!

Yame
July 21st, 2012, 09:06 AM
I've been inactive lately, but I figured I should check in and thank everybody for all the hair support and advice. It has now been a year since I joined LHC. A year since I decided to grow my hair past the length that it was and had been at for many years. A year since I started stretching washes, from 4 times a week to now once a week. A year since I went sulfate-free. A year since I discovered hair sticks and began to bun my hair 5 times a week.

My hair was already below waist length when I joined, and it grew very slowly during my active period on LHC. I was taking progress pictures, but became frustrated at the seeming lack of progress. I was micro-trimming every 2 months. So I stopped micro-trimming and just let it grow for about 6 months. It finally got to BCL, but the ends didn't look very good so now I am maintaining it at BCL until the ends thicken up a bit. It'll also allow my bangs to catch up to the rest of my hair a bit. When I joined, they were at BSL, now they are at WL. Then, I will try to grow my hair to TBL and possibly classic!

I haven't taken many progress pictures this year. There isn't much actual progress to show, but here's 2 progress pictures and a few fun shots!

July or August 2011:
http://i.imgur.com/jwVGA.jpg

July 2012:
http://i.imgur.com/AObi1.jpg

Some fun shots from this year:
http://i.imgur.com/WRj1x.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vi1or.jpg

Jesabel
July 21st, 2012, 09:10 AM
Wow absolutely stunning hair, Yame!

Yame
July 21st, 2012, 09:16 AM
Thank you!

I was just looking through my older pics and it's interesting that in the photos, it's very hard to tell the difference. Because the length changes if you are looking up or down, and if I'm wearing my pants or skirt higher or lower it creates the illusion of longer or shorter hair.

However, I know from feeling where my hair "hits" that is has grown. It used to be a few inches below waist, but to sit above my "back dimples." It has since passed the dimples and reached BCL. In fact, it was very close to TBL a few times since, but I've been trimming it twice a month to maintain BCL until I am happy with the condition of my ends.

So it doesn't look like much progress, but it feels like progress. No one in my life has commented "wow, your hair has grown since the last time I saw it down" but when I wear it down I pretty much always get comments about how long it is, now, whereas back then when it was only a few inches shorter, those comments were more occasional. It has also become much more difficult to sleep with... :rolleyes:

So there definitely is a difference. I just wanted to add that, before someone comes in to burst my bubble and say my hair didn't grow much :D

Jenw777
July 21st, 2012, 10:29 AM
It looks beautiful!

And I feel you on the difficult to sleep with thing. I'm at hip (maybe a smidge past) and I just realized that in the past few weeks my normal night braid which has never bothered me before is so uncomfortable and into everything! I feel like it's choking me or caught under my daughter, or a huge lump under my neck. Hahaha.

Hollyfire3
July 21st, 2012, 10:42 AM
I see alot of progress! Your hair is gorgeous! I want my hair to fit me so perfectly when I grow it that long! Your hair just....my jaw is on the floor right now! Congrats on one year!

sakuraemily
July 21st, 2012, 12:48 PM
You and your hair are gorgeous.I think trims every 3 months will help your ends look more even

Kyla
July 21st, 2012, 12:51 PM
Beautiful photos and hair Yame! :) I wish you luck on your journey to classic.

Diamond.Eyes
July 21st, 2012, 12:54 PM
That is great progress! You are such a beautiful person! And I'm not sure if this is a strange compliment, but you have a great body! :flower:

Amber_Maiden
July 21st, 2012, 01:11 PM
Congrats! Awesome pics!!!

Zesty
July 21st, 2012, 01:25 PM
So gorgeous! I love the "action pics." Congrats on one year!

vintage88
July 21st, 2012, 03:21 PM
Gorgeous! You are one of my hair idols on here :D

MiamiPineapple
July 21st, 2012, 04:41 PM
Perfect hair.

lapushka
July 21st, 2012, 04:51 PM
Gorgeous hair, and great progress! :)

LaFlor
July 21st, 2012, 06:36 PM
Wow... It looks amazing! Love the last shot!! :blossom:

BrownEyedBeauty
July 21st, 2012, 07:07 PM
You have beautiful hair and are progressing very well! Your pics turned out great.

Congratulations on your one year anniversary with LHC!

julierockhead
July 21st, 2012, 07:41 PM
Happy Hairiversary!
Your hair is quite a bit longer, and it looks amazing...LHC style care agrees with it!

meishkamooshka
July 21st, 2012, 07:45 PM
You have a BANGING' body, girl, and gorgeous hair to boot! Go you!!! Thank you for sharing the pics as well!

Yame
July 22nd, 2012, 08:29 AM
Thank you guys!