PDA

View Full Version : Best hairtoy for half-ups?

chachagrace
July 21st, 2012, 06:12 AM
What is everyone's favorite hair toy for half-ups? I'm looking for more options.

So far my favorite is an extra-small flexi-8. I've tried and not really liked a medium ficcare and a long skinny France Luxe barrette.

CarpeDM
July 21st, 2012, 06:13 AM
My favorite hair toy for a half up are the cheapy plastic goody tiny hair clips you find at Walmart, not very glamorous I'm afraid :)

Phalaenopsis
July 21st, 2012, 06:17 AM
I love the extra small and small flexis for half ups. A medium ficcare is too big for halfups, a small will work much better :) But with my slippery hair, it still tends to slip loose even though it has got enough hair in it.

A regular barette will work nicely for a half up too, especially the ones from BirdDesigns ^^

pepperminttea
July 21st, 2012, 06:21 AM
I normally reach for an extra-small flexi too. :) I also have a few French barrettes that work nicely. It helps that my half-ups aren't actually half my hair though, normally just a couple of strands grabbed from the front, so there isn't that much to hold up.

PrincessBob
July 21st, 2012, 08:30 AM
I think I'd like a Flexi for it, too, but don't have one small enough, unless I did a half-up bun.

BrightEyes
July 21st, 2012, 08:35 AM
I like extra small flexi-8 clips too. I also like GrahToe Studio's micro mini forks as well as Mei Fa's shortie hairsticks.

epigrrl
July 21st, 2012, 08:43 AM
France Luxe Skinny Mini Volume barrettes (http://www.franceluxe.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FL&Product_Code=9408A&Category_Code=) are my absolute favorite for half ups. They're out of most colors at the moment, though.

Seeshami
July 21st, 2012, 08:44 AM
I am partial to flex8s

Madora
July 21st, 2012, 09:19 AM
The Flexi 8 is the perfect combination of:

beauty
ease of use
hair friendliness

pepperminttea
July 21st, 2012, 09:25 AM
The Flexi 8 is the perfect combination of:

beauty
ease of use
hair friendliness

Not always entirely hair-friendly; too little hair and they slip, too much hair and the beads can snag a few. It's a bit of pot luck really.

dulce
July 21st, 2012, 09:45 AM
Flexi 8 clips plus I like a 4 inch horn fork[I do a half up in a bun]

Kaelee
July 21st, 2012, 10:03 AM
Flexi-8! (see my sig pic)

lapushka
July 21st, 2012, 03:06 PM
A small claw clip. Mine has some kind of silicone coating on the inside, it's by "Zenner" and it's the stay-up collection.