PDA

View Full Version : Anime Length Hair?

PeaceTeaRules
July 20th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Who on LHC is influenced by Anime, Manga and other Japanese animation and games (like the Touhou Project) to grow their hair to lengths of your favorite character? And if so, how long do you have to go/how long is your hair?

I plan on growing my hair as long as either Fujiwara no Mokou's or Horaisin Kaguya's! Anyone else got a goal of the sort?

http://en.touhouwiki.net/images/3/3e/Mokou.pnghttp://en.touhouwiki.net/images/2/27/Th08KaguyaHouraisan.png

Sorry for such big images... :o

leslissocool
July 20th, 2012, 06:02 PM
I AM!

I LOVE sailor moon. I want to go to classic or knee length because of it :cheese:.

Bunnysaur
July 20th, 2012, 06:05 PM
I like Leena Lee's hair, from D Gray-Man. I think it's a beautiful length, I'd never put it up like she does but it's great hair nonetheless :p
I've always loved anime hair, even though D Gray-Man is the only actual anime I've ever watched :o

neko_kawaii
July 20th, 2012, 06:10 PM
I never thought of it as a length goal, but in my life I have certainly tried to do anime styles (like the one in my avatar!) and been disappointed that I would need significantly longer hair. Ribbons however give the desired feeling of length! So much long hair to admire in anime.

arabian_princes
July 20th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Who on LHC is influenced by Anime, Manga and other Japanese animation and games (like the Touhou Project) to grow their hair to lengths of your favorite character? And if so, how long do you have to go/how long is your hair?

I plan on growing my hair as long as either Fujiwara no Mokou's or Horaisin Kaguya's! Anyone else got a goal of the sort?

http://en.touhouwiki.net/images/3/3e/Mokou.pnghttp://en.touhouwiki.net/images/2/27/Th08KaguyaHouraisan.png

Sorry for such big images... :o

I had to google the characters to see what you meant. Nice length but for the second pic I like a clean cut straight fringe more than the layered style.:D

Arashi
July 20th, 2012, 06:12 PM
I'll admit anime was a big inspiration for me when I began wishing for long hair! It started with Lucy from Elfen Lied. Some of my other favorite long haired characters include Ai from Jigoku Shoujo, Rika from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, and Holo from Spice and Wolf.

I'm not currently trying to grow to anime lengths though, just waist length. :)

arcane
July 20th, 2012, 06:14 PM
I've come to realize I've always wanted sailor Venus hair, well since I was ten years old. That summer I got my hair cut in a deep v and kept that hemline for years. So I'm going to classic+ with a v hemline as I still love sailor v.

PeaceTeaRules
July 20th, 2012, 07:09 PM
I'm so glad I'm not alone with anime hairstyles... There's someone I forgot about!! Kikyo's hair from Inuyasha!! I love her hair!!! Or quite possible Seshomaru's YAY!!!

This thread is more popular than I thought I would be... getting six posts in over 1-2 hours since I posted the first time...

Anybody want me to post a picture depicting what kind of game Touhou is? Or is that more of a gaming thread thing??

Wiggy Stardust
July 20th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Well there is a lot of different anime lengths, but I do love how nice the butt length anime girls look. I wear wigs for this purpose but am hoping for some nice classic length hair.

Amber_Maiden
July 20th, 2012, 07:13 PM
I AM!

I LOVE sailor moon. I want to go to classic or knee length because of it :cheese:.

love sailor moon too, but she didn't really make me want super long hair.

Mya
July 21st, 2012, 05:00 AM
I AM!

I love Sailor Moon too! My favorite character is Sailor Chibi Moon and I think I dyed my hair pink for a while for that reason too. I'm curious to verify if their hairstyles are physically possible when I get enough length and volume (they really need a lot of them! Just to make those big buns and still get those long and big pigtails...).

ariesfairies
July 21st, 2012, 05:14 AM
ME ME ME! :D
I don't really watch that much anime, but there are a million and one long hairs there that I'm inspired by :D
Of course, Sailor Moon :P I also dream, as unrealistically as it is, for the density of anime hair. Actually.. as inspiring as it all is, there isn't really anything so inspiring that is both long & curly haired :( Nearly no anime character supports this.

ETA:
Nevermind, found someone LOL! Beautiful! No idea of the anime though.
http://i47.tinypic.com/9u9c90.jpg

Jeno86
July 24th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Yuko Ichihara from xxxHolic. Her hair is roughly knee length which is what I'm aiming for. I didn't want to grow my hair out because of an anime but it has given me a little boost of enthusiasm and inspiration.

salamander
July 24th, 2012, 10:41 AM
The hair is definitely one of the things I love about anime! I don't quite take any characters as a model, because when I start to think about it some hysterical corner of my brain says "y'know who has great hair? Princess Hinoto!", which, I mean half the reason her hair looks so long is because she's so short, and also she doesn't move so that has to change your hair routine, and also there's a difference between 1a and 3c hair that has to be an accepted part of life. But I do like to watch and imagine having some of the relatively mid-length styles; I like the voluminous hip-length look that the tough sexy adult woman characters often have, and I bet I could achieve an approximation!

PrincessIdril
July 24th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I love Sailor Moon too! My favorite character is Sailor Chibi Moon and I think I dyed my hair pink for a while for that reason too. I'm curious to verify if their hairstyles are physically possible when I get enough length and volume (they really need a lot of them! Just to make those big buns and still get those long and big pigtails...).

Sailor Moon's odango are defiently possible, I've done it on my hair a few times! Chibi-Moon's not so much, well the "cone" part isn't really possible but the poof of her pigtail part is. :D

socks
July 24th, 2012, 03:29 PM
I love Sailor Moon's hair! She is probably one of the reasons I decided to start growing out my hair when I was a kid. I recently bleached my hair and cut in some bangs specifically so that I could cosplay her for Comic Con.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7139/7559572086_3e06e684e5.jpg

It was a lot of fun. ;)

Alexandriaweb
July 24th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I used to have a hime cut like Mio from K-on but my hairdresser cut the side bits far too deeply so I'm growing it out...Half of my hair is still BSL and the rest is heading for my waist because of it :shrug:

lechatn0ir
July 24th, 2012, 04:46 PM
haha same character as the poster above! Mio Akiyama! her hair is sexy :D and i achieved it!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m62lbsDuhm1qjr5e6o1_500.png

http://lh6.ggpht.com/-FeKKUgSYylU/S1-NHvzUfwI/AAAAAAAAO9E/Wtq7A77JY40/k-onbatch12010yandere%252520%25252859%252529.jpg

sorry if the pictures are too big since i got them from google ;)

Shepherdess
July 24th, 2012, 05:18 PM
The only anime that ever influenced me was Marina the little mermaid when I was a little girl. The movie always made me cry, but I really did love her hair and wished mine was just like her's as a little girl.

I thought I'd just post one of the songs that was in the movie (it shows lots of her and her hair I think), this one is actually the Japanese movie, but I had the English version as a child.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYRqD3zvlk8

Shoga
July 24th, 2012, 05:25 PM
The only anime that ever influenced me was Marina the little mermaid when I was a little girl. The movie always made me cry, but I really did love her hair and wished mine was just like her's as a little girl.

I thought I'd just post one of the songs that was in the movie (it shows lots of her and her hair I think), this one is actually the Japanese movie, but I had the English version as a child.
Oh my gosh I LOVED that movie!! My great grandma used to have it and I always cried too.

Shepherdess
July 24th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Oh my gosh I LOVED that movie!! My great grandma used to have it and I always cried too.

Yes, and I have heard it's hard to find that movie now. It was very touching and very close to the original tale.

Here is the English version of the song. It's a little blurrier, but it shows more of her hair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVGWBrEz3_o

Shoga
July 24th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Yes, and I have heard it's hard to find that movie now. It was very touching and very close to the original tale.

Here is the English version of the song. It's a little blurrier, but it shows more of her hair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVGWBrEz3_o

Same. :( I found it at Goodwill once, bought it, but it hardly worked. I wish they would pick it up and "remaster" it!

Thanks for the link, the English version is the one I remember watching too! I wish I had a VCR still, I'd go track another copy down.

lilliemer
July 24th, 2012, 07:55 PM

What a pretty song. Thanks for the link. I never knew there was a Japanese version of the Little Mermaid, I bet it is interesting to watch.

On the anime note I always liked Kagome's hair from Inuyasha and of course there is always Inuyasha himself for a renegray role model.

Loveisaverb
July 24th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Well, anime hair is a pretty much reason for much of my inspiration since most anime heroins have longer than hip hair.
Which I find myself looking at all the time when I watch a anime or read a manga.

I really like Kyou from Clannad hair or Sora Kasugano silver hair or even Yuno from Mirai Nikki pink hair :crush:
I think I'm a little obsessed when it comes to stuff like that.

Thenolegirl
July 24th, 2012, 08:17 PM
I AM!

I love Sailor Moon! I've always loved the long hair of all the girls (accept Amy who had a short style). Rei and Mina have at least classic length hair.

Olafwa
July 24th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Lots of anime girls and their hair inspired me to grow mine out. Especially the dark haired ones. (Since I'm dark headed, heh) Coming to mind are Azumanga Daioh, xxxHolic, Ah! My Goddess, Love Hina, etc. Though, I'm longer than most now-days, so when I see a girl with hair my length I get exited, lol.

nantang
July 24th, 2012, 08:20 PM
If I had this hair, I'd rock it so hard.

http://nyanyan.mangowe.pl/upload/251120111349-tisfr4lm5bgphe8owua70j2v69qnz3yxdk1c.jpg

AnqeIicDemise
July 24th, 2012, 09:50 PM
If I had this hair, I'd rock it so hard.

http://nyanyan.mangowe.pl/upload/251120111349-tisfr4lm5bgphe8owua70j2v69qnz3yxdk1c.jpg

Oh.. sexy, sexy Ichigo.. <3

Sakuracha
July 24th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Lots of anime hair inspires me but the winner will always be Tsukino Usagi from Sailor Moon. I didn't tell my boyfriend but he teased me a lot when he put two and two together about how I want long hair like hers. I want to grow my hair past my feet and maybe sometimes copy her style, though the rest of the time it would probably be in standard buns or braids.

I'm getting an extra dose of inspiration because next year (summer) they're releasing a new Sailor Moon series worldwide simultaneously. Of course, I hope this will lead to a re-translation and bluray release of the original five seasons and movies.

AlicesPlatforms
July 24th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Anime is pretty much why I wanted to grow my hair out in the first place ^^' In fact I made a deal with myself that if I made it to 50" that I would wear it like Sailor Moon just once ! lol

sakuraemily
July 25th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Oh yes! Anime is always the best place to go for inspiration. I'd like Sailor mars length hair or Hair like Tomoyo's in Cardcaptors.

Messyhair
July 25th, 2012, 09:42 AM
There's a reason other than anime to grow long hair???

Belldandy and Usagi are my hair idols.

Shepherdess
July 25th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Same. :( I found it at Goodwill once, bought it, but it hardly worked. I wish they would pick it up and "remaster" it!

Thanks for the link, the English version is the one I remember watching too! I wish I had a VCR still, I'd go track another copy down.

Aw, that is too bad. :(

Yes, same here! You are welcome :) Yeah, it is also getting really hard to find a VCR player, everything is changing too fast, lol. :rolleyes:

What a pretty song. Thanks for the link. I never knew there was a Japanese version of the Little Mermaid, I bet it is interesting to watch.

On the anime note I always liked Kagome's hair from Inuyasha and of course there is always Inuyasha himself for a renegray role model.

It was very interesting, the closest to the original fairytale. It was very sad though.

AnqeIicDemise
July 26th, 2012, 01:27 AM
I've always been more into sailor Pluto. I loved how she was always drawn with her hair flowing like water, or blowing out onto the air. Ah.. anime hair. You defy physics.

leslissocool
July 27th, 2012, 03:55 PM

I LOVE Usagi :crush: I really think she molded my personality. I see myself as that clumsy stubborn girl who really does try to help but makes everything a mess :p. I LOVE the R episode when Venus brushes her long hair, that's when I knew i wanted my hair LONG!!!

However... I look like sailor mars so I'll be cosplaying her! I'm waiting for my hair to get longer though!

I love Sailor Moon's hair! She is probably one of the reasons I decided to start growing out my hair when I was a kid. I recently bleached my hair and cut in some bangs specifically so that I could cosplay her for Comic Con.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7139/7559572086_3e06e684e5.jpg

It was a lot of fun. ;)

OMG!!!! :happydance: you look AMAZING!!! I love it! My kids would be all over you, you look a lot like her!

I've always been more into sailor Pluto. I loved how she was always drawn with her hair flowing like water, or blowing out onto the air. Ah.. anime hair. You defy physics.

I know right?!?! Wish I looked like that when my hair is on a pony tail....

Mya
July 27th, 2012, 06:22 PM
I LOVE Usagi :crush: I really think she molded my personality. I see myself as that clumsy stubborn girl who really does try to help but makes everything a mess :p.
Lol. :heartbeat

dawnss
July 27th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Op this is not meant to offend you, but I started thread like this maybe a year ago. And it is really crazy because most of the responders said they wanted hair like Usagi. Well I really like her hair, I think I would have to go with Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing, his braid was amazing!

anime_length
July 27th, 2012, 09:21 PM
obviously, i am.

dawnss
July 27th, 2012, 09:52 PM
obviously, i am.

Was that meant for me? I am somewhat confused because I was the last person to respond before you. All I was saying was that it is interesting that in the thread I started and the thread the OP started most of the responders said they wanted Usagi's hair. If I offended you or anyone else, then I am sorry.

dawnss
July 27th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Oh yes! Anime is always the best place to go for inspiration. I'd like Sailor mars length hair or Hair like Tomoyo's in Cardcaptors.

I remember Tomoyo from Cardcaptors, she had such pretty black wavy hair.

dawnss
July 27th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Well, anime hair is a pretty much reason for much of my inspiration since most anime heroins have longer than hip hair.
Which I find myself looking at all the time when I watch a anime or read a manga.

I really like Kyou from Clannad hair or Sora Kasugano silver hair or even Yuno from Mirai Nikki pink hair :crush:
I think I'm a little obsessed when it comes to stuff like that.

I wanted to mention Clannad and Kyou had long hair, almost all of the female characters in the series had really long thick hair. Just as an aside, I almost cried watching the series and I cried when I watched the movie lol.

dawnss
July 27th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Oh.. sexy, sexy Ichigo.. <3

What series is that picture from? I think it looks familiar, but I am not sure.

PeaceTeaRules
July 27th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Op this is not meant to offend you, but I started thread like this maybe a year ago. And it is really crazy because most of the responders said they wanted hair like Usagi. Well I really like her hair, I think I would have to go with Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing, his braid was amazing!

Does OP mean original poster? If it does... I had no idea there was another thread like this actually... The search function hates me :o... Can get thread deleted if you want...

dawnss
July 27th, 2012, 10:01 PM
haha same character as the poster above! Mio Akiyama! her hair is sexy :D and i achieved it!

http://lh6.ggpht.com/-FeKKUgSYylU/S1-NHvzUfwI/AAAAAAAAO9E/Wtq7A77JY40/k-onbatch12010yandere%252520%25252859%252529.jpg

Her hair is pretty and she is really cute.

dawnss
July 27th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Does OP mean original poster? If it does... I had no idea there was another thread like this actually... The search function hates me :o... Can get thread deleted if you want...

Yes OP does mean Original Poster. No, please do not delete this thread. I was just commenting on the similarities the responders had between the threads we started. Seriously, this thread is amazing! Hopefully, we can all keep this going for a while and even inspire some more people to grow out their hair!

PeaceTeaRules
July 28th, 2012, 11:28 AM
I think all of us on this thread stand for; peace, love, long hair and anime!! :D

AnqeIicDemise
July 28th, 2012, 11:33 AM
What series is that picture from? I think it looks familiar, but I am not sure.

its from Bleach, specifically from the Aizen arc,when Ichigo gets his final zanpaktou form.

koala
July 28th, 2012, 12:57 PM
I don't even particularly like anime, but it was actually the thing that made me want long hair. I had a friend who really liked Nana and so I decided to read some of the manga. As soon as I saw Reira's hair I instantly decided I wanted mine long.

AnqeIicDemise
July 28th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I don't even particularly like anime, but it was actually the thing that made me want long hair. I had a friend who really liked Nana and so I decided to read some of the manga. As soon as I saw Reira's hair I instantly decided I wanted mine long.

I wish my hair was wavy enough for Reira hair. I'll be content emulating the hairstyles as best as I can sans heat and teasing.

ScarlettAdelle
July 28th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Yuko from xxxHolic. I would also take her wardrobe.

That is all.

dawnss
July 28th, 2012, 05:14 PM
its from Bleach, specifically from the Aizen arc,when Ichigo gets his final zanpaktou form.

That's what I thought lol, but I wasn't exactly sure.

AnqeIicDemise
July 28th, 2012, 06:40 PM
That's what I thought lol, but I wasn't exactly sure.

Well, if you've never seen that particular arc, you'd be left with the sense of deja vu. I know I did when I first saw something similar a few months ago. I *just* got to that arc myself. :D

And if I hadn't seen the arc or known it was from Bleach, I would've looked around for the hunk. (I'm so biased to men with long hair!)

anime_length
July 28th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Was that meant for me? I am somewhat confused because I was the last person to respond before you. All I was saying was that it is interesting that in the thread I started and the thread the OP started most of the responders said they wanted Usagi's hair. If I offended you or anyone else, then I am sorry.

LOL no! I was saying that Obiouvlsy, i am inspired by anime. My username is "anime_length" because that's the whole reason I started growing my hair out to begin with! it wasn't directed at you. I'm sorry that you were worried. You didn't offend me in anyway.:p

anime_length
July 28th, 2012, 08:15 PM
I think Hatsune Miku has the coolest hair. I also think all the girls from Luck Star have nice length hair. That's why I want mid-thigh length hair. ^__^

seven77
July 28th, 2012, 09:24 PM
My daughter is. She's 12 and hugely into anime. She's a major tomboy so when she told me she wanted to grow her hair long I was surprised. She told me it was a character from Fruits Basket.. My daughter is so not a girly girl and not the type to idolize another girl's hair so I was confused. I then found out it's a male character, Ayame Sohma lol. The world made sense again.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/answers/289000/289396_1314285775178_297_300.jpg

floralgem
July 28th, 2012, 09:38 PM
My favorite anime hair is probably in mermaid melody. Love the knee length, but I don't know if I would grow up to there. We'll see when I get to my goal length of hip.....

Renbirde
July 28th, 2012, 11:21 PM
I don't have any certain character as a goal, but I have been trawling for one I could cosplay without needing a wig. Little luck so far... It seems that there are very few characters whose hair is at classic and cendre. They all seem to be BSL or knee. :/

PeaceTeaRules
July 30th, 2012, 12:23 AM
I think Hatsune Miku has the coolest hair. I also think all the girls from Luck Star have nice length hair. That's why I want mid-thigh length hair. ^__^

YAY!! Another Lucky Star fan!! I like Konata's hair!! Also Haruhi's before she cut her hair and met Kyon or in The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya!! Her hair was LONG, and the same color as mine; only mine's lighter colored and wavy... There is Mikuru's and Tsuriya's hair too... Wow...

Am I an otaku or what? (=`ω´=)

Amorice
July 30th, 2012, 09:33 PM
One of my goals is to be able to cosplay Kagami Hiiragi without a wig! But with a darker purple, since I'd need to bleach a lot to obtain that shade.....

dawnss
August 1st, 2012, 01:20 PM
LOL no! I was saying that Obiouvlsy, i am inspired by anime. My username is "anime_length" because that's the whole reason I started growing my hair out to begin with! it wasn't directed at you. I'm sorry that you were worried. You didn't offend me in anyway.:p

Ohhhhh no, I am so sorry. And a little ashamed. Honestly though, I am glad that I asked. It is much better than being confused. I really like your profile pic.

dawnss
August 1st, 2012, 01:22 PM
YAY!! Another Lucky Star fan!! I like Konata's hair!! Also Haruhi's before she cut her hair and met Kyon or in The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya!! Her hair was LONG, and the same color as mine; only mine's lighter colored and wavy... There is Mikuru's and Tsuriya's hair too... Wow...

If you're in this thread, then your on your way to becoming an otaku lol. Honestly though, the series you mentioned have some pretty cool inspirations we need to all keep in our minds when we want to engage in some very unhealthy haircare practices.

dawnss
August 1st, 2012, 01:25 PM
Well, if you've never seen that particular arc, you'd be left with the sense of deja vu. I know I did when I first saw something similar a few months ago. I *just* got to that arc myself. :D

And if I hadn't seen the arc or known it was from Bleach, I would've looked around for the hunk. (I'm so biased to men with long hair!)

My friends are the same way. I am surprised no one mentioned Jushiro or Unohana (her braid really freaks me out). I always thought that Ichigo looked out of place, almost all of the other main male characters are really nice looking and he's there. It wasn't until the time skip that I finally thought, "Wow, now he really belongs in the series" lol.

dawnss
August 1st, 2012, 01:28 PM
My daughter is. She's 12 and hugely into anime. She's a major tomboy so when she told me she wanted to grow her hair long I was surprised. She told me it was a character from Fruits Basket.. My daughter is so not a girly girl and not the type to idolize another girl's hair so I was confused. I then found out it's a male character, Ayame Sohma lol. The world made sense again.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/answers/289000/289396_1314285775178_297_300.jpg

Haha you sound like the world's coolest mom. If my mom knew who Ayame was I'd be happy. I really think though that he has cool hair.

dawnss
August 1st, 2012, 01:30 PM

Yeah I am with you on Hatsune Miku! Besides she is really cute, so who wouldn't want to have hair her length?

dawnss
August 1st, 2012, 01:51 PM
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Trinity Blood. Who wouldn't want to have curls like Lady Caterina. Then Sword Dancer had nice hair. And of course, there's Cain and Abel.

AnqeIicDemise
August 1st, 2012, 02:26 PM
My friends are the same way. I am surprised no one mentioned Jushiro or Unohana (her braid really freaks me out). I always thought that Ichigo looked out of place, almost all of the other main male characters are really nice looking and he's there. It wasn't until the time skip that I finally thought, "Wow, now he really belongs in the series" lol.

I can braid my hair under my chin like that too. Anyhow, I agree.

PrincessIdril
August 1st, 2012, 03:02 PM

Tomoyo's hair looks even more awesome in Tsubasa Chronicles.

ah CLAMP my favourite manga artisits, the way they draw hair and clothes is just amazing. Especially Chi and Freya from Chobits their hair is amazing

dawnss
August 1st, 2012, 03:04 PM
I can braid my hair under my chin like that too. Anyhow, I agree.

Despite the braid's creepiness, I think it is awesome that your hair is long enough to braid like that.

dawnss
August 1st, 2012, 03:07 PM
Tomoyo's hair looks even more awesome in Tsubasa Chronicles.

ah CLAMP my favourite manga artisits, the way they draw hair and clothes is just amazing. Especially Chi and Freya from Chobits their hair is amazing

I should probably finish Card Captors and start Chobits. I really think Chi has awesome hair!

lechatn0ir
August 1st, 2012, 06:57 PM
How can I forget about erza from FT? I practically drool over her hair!

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/17500000/Erza-Scarlet-fairy-tail-17532508-666-800.jpg

Messyhair
August 1st, 2012, 07:11 PM
Has anyone mentioned Rin from Fruits Basket? I always loved her hair before it got so cruelly chopped off.

Venefica
August 3rd, 2012, 05:02 AM
I love the hair you find in allot of anime, much of it is not physically possible but I love it anyway. While anime was not my main motivation for growing my hair out, I do get inspired by anime when I watch it as there are so much beautiful long hair on both men and women there. Some of my favorites are Sera and Eu from kore wa zombie, Mira from Goddanar, Sailor Mars and Sailor Pluto from Sailor Moon, Golden Darkness from To Love Ru. But there is really to much amazing anime hair to mention them all.

white.chocolate
December 3rd, 2012, 02:28 PM
Anime/game character hair inspires me more than real hair does! Most of their hair are physically impossible, yet I drool over them. There's no particular character in mind right now... except for Mavis (http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mattdiZT691rggg7co1_400.png) ...and Sakagami Tomoyo (http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/10032008/9/9/5/b/995bc292d74320_full.jpg).

Juushirou: such sexy hair!
I've tried Unohana's braid once. It, er, didn't turn out anything like it...

KAggs
December 3rd, 2012, 04:53 PM
The character, Sawako Kuronuma, from Kimi Ni Todoke is my absolute goal. :3

dragonmyst
December 3rd, 2012, 05:57 PM
Sephiroth from FFVII.
mmmm mmmmm :D
Ok so he's not really anime but gaming, but omg that hair!

hypersensitive
December 3rd, 2012, 06:43 PM

Haruhi before she cut off her length and Mio are the two characters I would love to be able to cosplay, using my real hair! Their hair length is currently my motivation to keep growing. I also need to find a cute top hat to pin at a cocky angle. =p

I love anime and manga. Admittedly, one of the first things I look at is the long hair of the characters, and cursing at how beautifully gravity defying they are... I mean, right? How do they do that?!

cathair
December 3rd, 2012, 06:47 PM
Sephiroth from FFVII.
mmmm mmmmm :D
Ok so he's not really anime but gaming, but omg that hair!

Hehehe I was just thinking something similar. Tifa from FF7 was a big inspiration for me:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=548&d=1354585480
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=549&d=1354585484

Sephiroth is also awesome. I think he might be some of the first ever long white hair I ever saw. I might be able to pull of his colour sometime, but not his length or straightness! Tifa I stand more of a shot at I think.

hypersensitive
December 3rd, 2012, 07:34 PM
Juushirou: such sexy hair!
I've tried Unohana's braid once. It, er, didn't turn out anything like it...

OK, I just had to try it...

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f305/silverstardust/PhotoDec0362235PM.jpg

It keeps your neck really warm!!

flip-flop
December 4th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Hikari from S·A:Special A. Unfortunately for me, because my hair is curly and brown, I will never be able to attain her hair, but I'll settle for her length.

Also, when I was younger I too was a Sailor Moon fan. My favorite was Jupiter because she has hair like me! I dressed as her for Halloween 3 years ago, but my hair is now longer than hers in most drawings. I was always sad that next to Mercury (out of the inner senshi at least) hers was the shortest hair.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 4th, 2012, 12:18 AM
I don't know anything about anime hair but I really love Sarah's hair in the movie "Labyrinth" - it's sooo glossy and shiny and thick too!

PeaceTeaRules
June 2nd, 2013, 07:05 PM
I feel stupid now for starting this thread about "anime length hair" and the pictures I posted are from a game series called "Touhou Project" ... The Touhou community is going to get furious at me. T.T;

I was wondering... How the crap can anime/game characters sleep with their hair loose and then not have to brush/comb it out in the morning? I know that they don't act like hair in real life but... Tidbit to think about I guess. :)

AnqeIicDemise
June 2nd, 2013, 10:54 PM
Anime physics don't make sense.

Sharysa
June 3rd, 2013, 10:24 AM
No love for Angel Sanctuary or Fullmetal Alchemist?!

Alexiel (http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/195/972/original_alexiel.jpg) and Lust (http://www.zerochan.net/84543#full) would like words with you.

PrincessIdril
June 3rd, 2013, 01:46 PM
I was wondering... How the crap can anime/game characters sleep with their hair loose and then not have to brush/comb it out in the morning? I know that they don't act like hair in real life but... Tidbit to think about I guess. :)

Same way their hair can defy gravity: magic and cartoon logic. lol
But in Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura there are epsiodes which show the girls brushing/styling their hair!

jacqueline101
June 3rd, 2013, 05:17 PM
I love her hair but I wanted to grow mine because I love long hair.

Aeris
June 6th, 2013, 11:38 AM
No love for Angel Sanctuary or Fullmetal Alchemist?!

Alexiel (http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/195/972/original_alexiel.jpg) and Lust (http://www.zerochan.net/84543#full) would like words with you.

Alexiel does have gorgeous hair, but I was always more envious of Astarte's..I know there is no color image of her, but it is still so pretty, and dark red :) That used to be my goal hair. Also Jibrille's color! A perfect non-obnoxious light blue.

BreeTheBoss
November 30th, 2014, 01:16 AM
Omg yes. I look exactly like Taiga Aisaka from Toradora now that I've reached my hair goal

Sharysa
November 30th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Aeris: Also, Final Fantasy high-five! I saw a picture of Tifa somewhere here, someone mentioned Sephiroth, and I'm really surprised that Aerith hasn't been mentioned. She has a ridiculously awesome rope braid!

thefreakingmoon
November 30th, 2014, 03:24 PM
I'm pretty grateful I'm not alone in taking inspiration from anime ladies for hairstyle/length... always felt a bit weird 'cause of it :P