PDA

View Full Version : Argan oil question

dainaleeo2
July 20th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Ok, I recently bought this small bottle of argan oil that is marketed towards being a face product. I was thrilled to try it, since it was only around 10 bucks at TJMaxx, but sadly it seems that the mixture in this bottle was breaking me out rather badly :(
So, I'm just sticking to my coconut oil for the face.
However, since I have the bottle & I know I can't return it to the store, I was wondering if it could be used instead on my hair.
The ingredients are as follows:
Argania spinosa kernel oil, parfum-fragrance, tocopherol, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, linalool, butylphenly methylpropional, limonene, citronellol.

Phew :p

Anyway, I know that it's hard to escape the fragrances, since they seem to come in everything these days, & that was probably what broke my skin out anyway (I have pretty fair, sensitive skin). But, I've used things with fragrance in my hair for as long as I can recall & never had an adverse reaction. I was just curious if anyone else uses argan oil like this or remotely similar, since I want to at least use it for something :)
Thanks!

[edit]
The product is called "Olio di Argan", for the record. I don't know if that is helpful or not, but maybe someone else has used it with any success.

KatyD
July 20th, 2012, 01:07 PM
I know my sister uses Argan Oil in her hair. She got a bad perm and that is what the hair dresser told her to use.

Pixie0763
July 20th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I use Argan oil in my hair and love it! :)

lapushka
July 20th, 2012, 01:11 PM
To me, at least, doesn't look like it could do anything bad to your hair. But I'd wait for more opinions on this.

dainaleeo2
July 20th, 2012, 01:11 PM
@KatyD: Thanks for the info! :)

@Pixie: Maybe I'll go ahead & try it then :) I was initially worried just because it was a face product, but oil is oil I guess. Thanks for your info as well!
Do you use it more as a pre-treatment or a small bit after drying/styling?

dainaleeo2
July 20th, 2012, 01:12 PM
To me, at least, doesn't look like it could do anything bad to your hair. But I'd wait for more opinions on this.

Yea, I tend to wait around a bit to try anything I'm unsure about since I get too nervous.
It's mainly argan oil with added vitamin E & sunflower oil, which doesn't seem bad at all, but I'm still nervous.

redsonjared
July 20th, 2012, 03:44 PM
I have been using Argan oil for a week or so now, it's pure oil without anything else. I use it as a pre-oil before washing. I have used it after washing, but I find that a little goes a long way and it is very easy to put too much on. I can put loads of MO on without my hair looking stringy, but Argan oil is less forgiving. Have had a lot of shine since using it.