PDA

View Full Version : Greasy ends, but roots are fine - can't figure out what to do?

joiekimochi
July 20th, 2012, 11:22 AM
First of all, I'm back! After almost 6 months!

Secondly, I had my TBL hair chopped to APL, chemically dyed, and permed! *shock gasp horror*

I really do love the change though, maybe partly because I was getting bored of long straight black hair, and also because I felt that the length held a lot of negative memories and emotions.

Anyway my problem is, prior to the chop and processing, I've been using Aesop Calming Shampoo (contain sulfates) and a moisturising protein-free silicone conditioner, which worked fine for me. After the chop and processing (I also did a salon moisture + protein treatment afterwards) my hair still felt super silky and still looked healthy and shiny, so I didn't worry much.

It was after my 1st wash post-process that I noticed that the bottom half, from ears down, of my hair became really dull, heavy and greasy (my unconditioned bangs and roots down to my ears were silky and shiny). At first I thought it was because I got paranoid about damage and did CWC, resulting in too much conditioner leftover. So I waited till my next wash, which was this morning, and I just did a normal shampoo, followed by conditioner (2 pumps, instead of my usual 5-6 for my TBL hair), and rinsed for 5 minutes until my hair didn't feel slimy.

My ends were still weird and greasy.

So I thought maybe I should clarify, and since my Aesop shampoo has sulfates, I decided to just shampoo again tonight and not condition.

That was 3 hours ago, and my ends are STILL weird and greasy.

What should I do? Should I use a stronger sulfate shampoo? Is clarifying the right solution? I can't even oil my hair anymore because it's so greasy and dust sticks to it.

Oh, in case you're wondering how my hair looks like now, take a gander:

http://joiekimochi.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/bangsncurls.jpg

I know, I know...I look ridiculously young. :p

raingirl
July 20th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Hi!

Hmm...maybe your shampoo or conditioner is reacting with the chemicals in the dye or perm?

I get a similar thing with Fructis brand shampoos. I get this yucky filmy greasy build up even with only one use. Maybe it's something similar?

Is there a different brand of shampoo you could try?