PDA

View Full Version : One year progress of going virgin!

MaryMarx
July 20th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Hi!

I was looking through some old pictures and got the idea of making a comparison picture to see my progress of going virgin from black box dyed hair.
Well, maybe it's not super interesting, but anyway. :o

The first picture is from May 2011 and the second one May 2012.
I dyed the new growth brown 2-3 times before I stopped it completely, to make everything blend better.

I haven't gained any length at all since I've been cutting it off, but atleast now I don't have any of the black remaining!

http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t399/schakt/Jmfrelsemaj2011maj2012nr3.jpg

I hope the picture's showing. :)

wooliswonderful
July 20th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Beautiful hair and I love your braid!

LaFlor
July 20th, 2012, 09:21 AM
It must feel good to finally get rid of all the black! Looking forward to seeing your hair grow now :D

MaryMarx
July 20th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Thank you so much, wooliswonderful. :)

lapushka
July 20th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Looks like you not only got rid of the black dye, but that you've made a lot of progress in growing your hair out! Nice! :)

MaryMarx
July 20th, 2012, 09:26 AM
It must feel good to finally get rid of all the black! Looking forward to seeing your hair grow now :D

It does, and sometimes it feels weird too, like I'm still not used to it being gone. :p

longNred
July 20th, 2012, 09:31 AM
your color is pretty! and shiny! and the braid is beautiful!

MissCoco
July 20th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Congrats! Your natural hair color is so lovely, like hazelnuts (yum!) :cloud9: Keep up the good work, you've come far! :thumbsup:

MaryMarx
July 20th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Looks like you not only got rid of the black dye, but that you've made a lot of progress in growing your hair out! Nice! :)

I guess I have. Thank you. :o
Too bad I couldn't keep the length.

moralita
July 20th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Your natural hair color is gorgeous! And I love your braid.

MintChocChip
July 20th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Your hair's so pretty!

jojo
July 20th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Your hair looks lovely and you and your friend are very pretty :p

MaryMarx
July 20th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Your hair looks lovely and you and your friend are very pretty :p

Thanks, it's my sister. We have the same eyes, don't you think? :p

MaryMarx
July 20th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Thank you MintChocChip, moralita, MissCoco, longNred, you're so sweet!
I really like the hazelnut-comparison, I've never known what colour to call it. :)

duchesswannabe
July 20th, 2012, 10:59 AM
This is interesting; I am (at least from my early 30's on--a naturally black-haired person--the ashy part of my dark brown having deepened, and sprinkled with salt everywhere) trying to grow out the dyed medium ash brown I last had "done" over 2 years ago, with about one trim a year. I am "dying" :) to go from brown to black again, while you are wanting to ditch the black and go back to brown. Congratulations on your progress.

blondie9912
July 20th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Nice braid! I like your colour, much prettier than the black IMO :) Great growing, keep it up!

Kizuna
July 20th, 2012, 12:58 PM
This is a very nice progress! All the black is gone and your original hair colour is gorgeous! :)

vanillabones
July 20th, 2012, 01:03 PM
I love your virgin color :D Great job growing out the dye!

HereIGrowAgain
July 20th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Great progress! Your hair is so shiny now! Love the braid, too, it looks very romantic.

MaryMarx
July 21st, 2012, 08:26 AM
This is interesting; I am (at least from my early 30's on--a naturally black-haired person--the ashy part of my dark brown having deepened, and sprinkled with salt everywhere) trying to grow out the dyed medium ash brown I last had "done" over 2 years ago, with about one trim a year. I am "dying" :) to go from brown to black again, while you are wanting to ditch the black and go back to brown. Congratulations on your progress.

Oh! :)
I would still do anything to have naturally black hair. But I had to choose between happy hair or black hair.
So enjoy your black hair! And good luck. :)

MaryMarx
July 21st, 2012, 08:29 AM
Great progress! Your hair is so shiny now! Love the braid, too, it looks very romantic.

Thank you! That braid looks a lot better in picture than in real life. :p

sarelis
July 21st, 2012, 08:50 AM
Lovely :) That box dye black is evil, isn't it?! I had 10 years worth which I stripped out with Colour B4 pretty successfully, but the stripped hair is noticeably damaged (different texture, dry, splits :() I will start chopping it off when I reach my goal length. Must feel good to be finally rid of that black! :D

palaeoqueen
July 21st, 2012, 09:00 AM
Gorgeous colour and a very pretty braid. Can I ask how you did it?

MaryMarx
July 21st, 2012, 12:52 PM
Gorgeous colour and a very pretty braid. Can I ask how you did it?

Thank you! Of course you can, it's just a... now let's see. I have french twisted the hair all around the head like a crown braid.
I'm kind of obsessed by crown braids but there will be YEARS until I can make a real one, so this will have to do. :)

It looks like this from the front:
http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t399/schakt/P52901466.jpg

MissCoco
July 25th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Kinda jumping in here randomly, but just wanted to say that looks lovely! (And your blue eyes are beautiful, by the way!)

Tristania
July 25th, 2012, 06:24 AM
I'm seriously contemplating going virgin too. I would just hate the regrowth phase though, and things like Color Oops is out of the question. Not sure what to do.