PDA

View Full Version : My spin pin is spun out

RubySlippers
July 20th, 2012, 04:49 AM
:confused:

One of my beloved and adored spin pins has gone a little wonky and now doesn't spin quite right.

Every other spiral in the helix is slightly smaller than normal, and it just got stuck :bigeyes: in my Cinnabun as I tried to take it out. When I finally got it out the pin was crossed across itself (I hope that makes sense, I have no pic)

What have I done!? Is this the ultimate fate awaiting my little twirly darlings or is it a freak occurrence?

Omg.

IndigoOptimist
July 20th, 2012, 06:03 AM
This happened to me! I have not yet worked out how to fix it but every time I do I give up! It's very annoying and I came to the conclusion that I'll just buy more but then I can get them for £1 so it's not a huge monetary loss ;)

Demi-Plum
July 20th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Probably something that happens every once in a while. I don't use my spin pins everyday so I figure mine would be a far way off from that, but it could just be a random defect that happens to every so many of them. Nothing is perfect after all, especially things mass produced.

Kaelee
July 20th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Grab the ends andpush them back past each other in opposite directions (they should go easily if not go the other way.)

RubySlippers
July 20th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Grab the ends andpush them back past each other in opposite directions (they should go easily if not go the other way.)

I've done that now and it looks let's freakish, but it still a little wobbly. Oh well. I think I'll be a little more careful with them from here on in.

RubySlippers
July 20th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Oh, and thank you.

How rude of me not to say it!:D

Wildcat Diva
July 20th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Oh, and thank you.

How rude of me not to say it!:D

I forget too sometimes and have to add it. I am thinking it, but I don't type it. It's nice when you are allowed to go back and edit your posts.

RubySlippers
July 20th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Which will be soon Wildcat, as this * is my 25th post! Hra!:cheese:

Kaelee
July 20th, 2012, 10:11 AM
I've done that now and it looks let's freakish, but it still a little wobbly. Oh well. I think I'll be a little more careful with them from here on in.

That sucks, maybe you really bent the metal? Mine pops in and out easily, but I haven't really torked it in the wrong direction yet.

lunalocks
July 20th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I have been using my spin pins nightly ( I have about 12 that get rotated), and pretty much daily too, for the past 6 months and they continue to be in great shape. So I guess this sometimes happens? I would just buy more.

RubySlippers
July 21st, 2012, 07:45 AM
Yeah, maybe it got smooshed in my handbag.

Oh well, it's back to normal ish now. But I'll buy more soon anyway. Love them.

jacqueline101
July 21st, 2012, 07:50 AM
I'd try pushing the ends in opposite directions.

Flying Penguin
July 21st, 2012, 09:16 PM
That happened to me too! 2 of my 4 are now wonky. Trying to push them back into shape doesn't seem to work. :(