PDA

View Full Version : My hair type?

Flame3345
July 20th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Hey everyone^^ I washed my hair this morning and decided to let it air dry without touching it at all (i rarely does that :P I mostly comb / brush my hair when it is 90% dry) I am amazed at how wavy it is at some places. So i am wondering if i put my hair in the wrong category.
Please tell me what you all think. I mostly thought my hair was 1b/1c but i aren't sure now (Please keep in mind that the henna has straightened my hair out a lot :P)

The reason i think i haven't typed my hair in the right category was by looking at this page http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=227

The photos ^^
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/6652/dsc05152q.jpg
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/2527/dsc05151zu.jpg
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8046/dsc05146ug.jpg

And here's a picture from April, showing a really noticeable wave in the back (Even after brushing my hair :P)
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7521/dsc03634p.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed the pictures! ^^

torrilin
July 20th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Your hair is too short for me to really tell. There's some stuff that might be full on corkscrew curls when longer, and there's a *lot* of it... which would argue for 3a. But it could just as easily turn out to be 2b waves given what we can see now.

About all I feel sure of is not straight, and not 3c or a 4 :).

DarkCurls
July 20th, 2012, 04:41 AM
I agree, your hair has potential to wave/curl, but it's too short to tell yet.

arielįgua
July 20th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Hi.
Actually I don't agree much with the posts above me. I think your hair looks 1c to me. It's mostly straight with a very loose wave. I could be wrong because I'm no hair expert, but my hair is a 2a/2b and is much more wavier than yours.
However when your hair grows longer you might develop some serious 2a/2b waves. I realized as my hair grew to bra strap length it became much more wavier. Hope it helped. :)

I also think this chart is better than LHC hair typing page. If you're interested, you can check it out: http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types

Happy growing. ;)

pepperminttea
July 20th, 2012, 05:19 AM
I'd go 2a for now, and retype later when you've more length, but there's a lot more than a 1c in there.

MissCoco
July 20th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Completely agree with everything arielagua said. It could definitely become 2a hair (at most) when it gets longer, but the nature of your hair is still very straight. I'm no hair expert either though, so take our posts with a grain of salt! :flower:

pink.sara
July 20th, 2012, 05:41 AM
I'd go 2a for now, and retype later when you've more length, but there's a lot more than a 1c in there.

I'd agree with pepperminttea on 2a as even though it's short it has lots of waves beginning to show.

I couldn't really type mine properly untill after it passed shoulder and started to hang under it's own weight rather than being pushed up by them though, I have the feeling you will be the same.

Flame3345
July 20th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Your hair is too short for me to really tell. There's some stuff that might be full on corkscrew curls when longer, and there's a *lot* of it... which would argue for 3a. But it could just as easily turn out to be 2b waves given what we can see now.

About all I feel sure of is not straight, and not 3c or a 4 :).

Thank you :) (I used to have a mullet from when i was little till 6th grade at school. And the back which of course was longer :P Used to have curls so i am pretty sure i will get back my curls again :D Damn Henna for taking away a lot of the waviness :P) It was pretty much corkscrew curls i had in the back in 6th grade :D

I can't wait for the henna to grow out! ^^

Flame3345
July 20th, 2012, 05:47 AM
I agree, your hair has potential to wave/curl, but it's too short to tell yet.

Thank you :D I can't wait till I hit APL, It's most likely going to show its waves when i reach that length :D (i've only had the hair in the back at armpit length, but my hair was a mullet back then :P)

Flame3345
July 20th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Hi.
Actually I don't agree much with the posts above me. I think your hair looks 1c to me. It's mostly straight with a very loose wave. I could be wrong because I'm no hair expert, but my hair is a 2a/2b and is much more wavier than yours.
However when your hair grows longer you might develop some serious 2a/2b waves. I realized as my hair grew to bra strap length it became much more wavier. Hope it helped. :)

I also think this chart is better than LHC hair typing page. If you're interested, you can check it out: http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types

Happy growing. ;)

Thank you :D I'm just so excited to see what my hair will be when it is longer :D I used to have some serious S waves when my hair was my natural color with highlights in 2010 so i know i am a wavy :D
Happy growing to you too! ^^

Flame3345
July 20th, 2012, 05:55 AM

Thank you ^^ I can't wait to see how wavy my hair is now when i'll grow out the henna (I haven't had my nautral color for about 1 year and a half soon :O or maybe more so the texture may have changed. My paternal and maternal grandmothers both had wavy/ curly hair and my dad has curlish hair :D)

Flame3345
July 20th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Completely agree with everything arielagua said. It could definitely become 2a hair (at most) when it gets longer, but the nature of your hair is still very straight. I'm no hair expert either though, so take our posts with a grain of salt! :flower:

Thank you :) Well i know my hair isn't this straight naturally. It is one of the evil cons of henna :O I'll be very happy growing the henna out :D I love having my hair red but it is not worth giving up my waves for being a red head :P

Flame3345
July 20th, 2012, 06:01 AM
I'd agree with pepperminttea on 2a as even though it's short it has lots of waves beginning to show.

I couldn't really type mine properly untill after it passed shoulder and started to hang under it's own weight rather than being pushed up by them though, I have the feeling you will be the same.

Thank you :) Well the longer the hair in the back got (when i was in 6th grade) the curlier it became, so i am hoping that will happen again :D But it may be more wavy than curly this time because of how many years have passed since then :P

MissCoco
July 21st, 2012, 06:13 PM
Thank you :) Well i know my hair isn't this straight naturally. It is one of the evil cons of henna :O I'll be very happy growing the henna out :D I love having my hair red but it is not worth giving up my waves for being a red head :P

Oh yeah, I understand. Henna has tempted me before, but I'm not about to give up my wurls for it :D I've heard coconut and amla oil/powder are good to use while hennaing, so that's something to consider, though :hmm:

Pearly~91
July 21st, 2012, 06:28 PM
Personally, I think you should stick with 1c for now and re-evaluate in like 3 inches. My hair flips all over the place when short but calms down once its at the shoulders.

Also, not to disagree with you, you know your hair best, but I wouldn't expect your hair to be the same as it was in elementary school. In my experience texture changes drastically in the teen years...:confused:

Anyways, I kinda think the type is just super hard to tell when its not at least shoulder length. :shrug:

Flame3345
July 22nd, 2012, 08:38 AM
Personally, I think you should stick with 1c for now and re-evaluate in like 3 inches. My hair flips all over the place when short but calms down once its at the shoulders.

Also, not to disagree with you, you know your hair best, but I wouldn't expect your hair to be the same as it was in elementary school. In my experience texture changes drastically in the teen years...:confused:

Anyways, I kinda think the type is just super hard to tell when its not at least shoulder length. :shrug:

I know^^ Thank you :) Well we'll just have to see :P

Flame3345
July 22nd, 2012, 08:38 AM
Oh yeah, I understand. Henna has tempted me before, but I'm not about to give up my wurls for it :D I've heard coconut and amla oil/powder are good to use while hennaing, so that's something to consider, though :hmm:

I wish i had some amla first time i henna'ed my hair :P (i've heard it helps keeping the waves)

SilverDoe
July 22nd, 2012, 08:49 AM
I wish i had some amla first time i henna'ed my hair :P (i've heard it helps keeping the waves)

Amla treatments on their own after henna also help keep the waves without interfering with the red color, for me it lasts a few weeks each time in between hennaing. I also lost most of my waves.

spidermom
July 22nd, 2012, 08:51 AM
I'm thinking 1C right now, but I agree that more length may change everything. It certainly did for me.

ravenheather
July 22nd, 2012, 09:01 AM
I'd say 2a. I think there's just not enough length yet to show the s waves.

lapushka
July 22nd, 2012, 09:16 AM
I'm thinking 1C right now, but I agree that more length may change everything. It certainly did for me.

I agree. Looks 1c to me. It's more of a uniform wave than many tiny ones.

CurlyCurves
July 22nd, 2012, 09:41 AM
I echo everyone else here :-)

Gorgeous hair though, so shiny, and looks very healthy!

Happy growing ^_^

Flame3345
July 23rd, 2012, 03:57 AM
Amla treatments on their own after henna also help keep the waves without interfering with the red color, for me it lasts a few weeks each time in between hennaing. I also lost most of my waves.

Oh well then i guess henna is mostly good for people who want to straighten their hair :)

Flame3345
July 23rd, 2012, 03:57 AM

thank you :DI can't wait for it to reach armpit length then it must begin to show some waviness (hopefully... damn henna :O)

Flame3345
July 23rd, 2012, 03:58 AM
I'd say 2a. I think there's just not enough length yet to show the s waves.

Thank you :D I guess it will show it's waves once i grow out the henna :O

Flame3345
July 23rd, 2012, 04:01 AM
I agree. Looks 1c to me. It's more of a uniform wave than many tiny ones.

Thank you ^^ I know wish i hadn't henna'ed my hair in June and July cause then it would be back to my natural color (at least a lot of it would) because of the ColourB4 removing the dark brown dye. but i have no problem growing out dye :D I find it enjoyable :P (i think it will look cool blonde hair with red ends! :D)

Flame3345
July 23rd, 2012, 04:01 AM
I echo everyone else here :-)

Gorgeous hair though, so shiny, and looks very healthy!

Happy growing ^_^

Thank you! :D Happy growing to you too^^ (well it definitely is healthy^^ I can never find any split ends and i don't use heat on it at all or anything^^ i don't really do anything that'll damage it :P)