PDA

View Full Version : read # 5! ha! what the????

gonzobird
July 19th, 2012, 07:04 PM
This made me laugh. Hard. Especially the last one.

http://www.m.webmd.com/healthy-beauty/guide/cope-summer-hair-problems?page=4

Amygirl8
July 19th, 2012, 07:13 PM
AHAHAHAHA
Love how those "groceries" have been tested too.
In real life, and on real people- not in labs.

petali
July 19th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Oh wow... Like olive oil is not as good as chemicals because it isn't tested? Olive oil has been use for thousands of years.

TheMechaGinger
July 19th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Haha! I feel like every person on here will disagree with that last one

akilina
July 19th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Oh gee haha. Well, I do agree that I would rather benefit from ingesting these things internally for the benefit of my hair. Especially beer. Wtf. I love beer I don't want to waste it on my hair I would rather drink it.
Although many have success with all the things they listed.
I am on both sides I guess. I am all for using unconventional stuff on your head and do so personally, also I am all for products too though.

Demi-Plum
July 19th, 2012, 07:58 PM
I feel some people are idiots no matter their IQ.... maybe a trip to the LHC would clarify his understanding. Poor poor fools. Oh well let their hair be a wreck and mine be beautiful~!

Arden
July 19th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Thats dumb. A 100 million french women cant be wrong. Hello? ACV?

kam.pearson
July 19th, 2012, 08:18 PM
So I should pay more to get the same thing, plus a bunch of bad stuff...no thanks!

domisimone
July 19th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Yeah I'm mashing avocado into my hair right now, so they can take their "facts" and hit the road.

Kyla
July 19th, 2012, 08:34 PM
I'm sure they understand the benefits that "groceries" give to hair, but promote the idea that one needs professional products in order to sell more.

sun-kissed
July 19th, 2012, 08:40 PM
They're not "groceries," they're misplaced hair products! :stirpot:

Edit: I'm telling you, it's the beauty industry's way of cutting down on the competition; if we can't find the good stuff, we just might buy theirs. :demon:

ravenreed
July 19th, 2012, 08:50 PM
I just did a couple of beer rinses this week and my hair actually really liked them.

Arya
July 19th, 2012, 08:53 PM
OOOOOOHHH so instead of using ACV on my hair, I should use ACV FORMULATED SHAMPOO! THANKS EVER SO MUCH, SCIENCE MAN.

People are dumb.

Kaelee
July 19th, 2012, 09:27 PM
ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kyla
July 19th, 2012, 09:32 PM
OOOOOOHHH so instead of using ACV on my hair, I should use ACV FORMULATED SHAMPOO! THANKS EVER SO MUCH, SCIENCE MAN.

People are dumb.

And you are funny. :D

Natalia
July 19th, 2012, 09:36 PM
yeah number 5 is pure marketing. take oil add fragrance charge $25 an ounce lol

dwell_in_safety
July 19th, 2012, 09:43 PM
I smell marketing BS. lol. My hair loves items from the grocery store, TYVM.

barely.there
July 19th, 2012, 10:02 PM
yes. let me tell the author about what professional products did to my hair/scalp. (not to mention the animals they probably tested them on...or the fishies in the water drains)

:tbear:

holothuroidea
July 19th, 2012, 10:13 PM
$_$

Okay Mr. Moneybags.

Hollyfire3
July 19th, 2012, 10:16 PM
And you are funny. :D

Its funny that the VERY groceries we put on our hair are then reformulated into shampoo and conditioners and products with chemicals added just so they can promote the same pure ingredient that works! (example:aragan oil).

Hollyfire3
July 19th, 2012, 10:17 PM
yes. let me tell the author about what professional products did to my hair/scalp. (not to mention the animals they probably tested them on...or the fishies in the water drains)

:tbear:

Aww, I LOVE how you bring the animals into this too, it makes me feel so good. I hate animal testing.

gonzobird
July 19th, 2012, 10:40 PM
I bet he thinks McDonald's is actual food, too. Someone on here said ( in another post) " if man made it, dont eat it". I love that. And i love food in my hair. Does wonders for it... inside and out. ;)

Jing
July 20th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Conventional wisdom is infallible, you fools. Use the parabens, they are good for you because they have been tested!

Alvrodul
July 20th, 2012, 01:36 AM
:poot:
Only the day before yesterday I did put a fair amount of those "groceries" he so maligns on my hair, and my locks became, thanks to them, so incredibly shiny and healthy. So what next - is he going to diss henna in favor of PPD-containing dyes? :poop:

Seeshami
July 20th, 2012, 02:32 AM
You would think they would use us as a free case study.... what silliness.

RubySlippers
July 20th, 2012, 02:48 AM
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]"use professional products" Wilson sighs[/

I love how despairing he is about people like us. "sigh, what do they think they're doing, taking things into thir own hands!"

After all, hair, like cars and computers, and construction and all the other things that are not part of nature, should be left to the professionals.

FrannyG
July 20th, 2012, 02:49 AM
And this is why I don't generally read "professional" hair care articles. :?

Lissandria
July 20th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Pfffft. :bs:

Seems like a profit driven knee jerk reaction to the general swing from consumers towards more natural and home-made cosmetics.

henné
July 20th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Pfffft. :bs:

Seems like a profit driven knee jerk reaction to the general swing from consumers towards more natural and home-made cosmetics.

Aside from the 'knee jerk' part, I absolutely agree with this comment. I think this is a very well thought out reaction, nothing jerky about it ... except that it's been adopted by jerks :D

louzen
July 20th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Number 5 made me so mad. So let me get this right. According to this man I should ditch all my natural products such as olive oil, coconut, etc that not only have been used for centuries and tried and tested by millions, but benefit and nourish the hair significantly and replace them with so called 'professional' products containing harsh carcinogenic chemicals which can damage the hair and scalp.

Unbelievable!

afu
July 20th, 2012, 05:32 AM
olive oil has been tested, in the best way possible...people eat it, regularly, have done for thousands of years - how much more evidence do you need that it's safe!!

MintChocChip
July 20th, 2012, 05:42 AM
That last one is ridiculous! My hair has never been nicer than after using my lovely groceries! :)

louzen
July 20th, 2012, 05:46 AM
I try and follow this adage: "If You Can't Eat It, Don't Put It On Your Skin".

I can't be too strict about it though as I'm sure you can't eat certain ingredients in shampoo/conditioner which are essential for cleaning, but I try and keep it as natural as possible by choosing shampoos and conditioners that have more natural ingredients.

holothuroidea
July 20th, 2012, 06:12 AM
*snip* After all, hair, like cars and computers, and construction and all the other things that are not part of nature, should be left to the professionals.

Ahaha! :cheese:

Viola88
July 20th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Well, I wish there was a way to leave a comment for the "article".

Of course, for us, the proof of the pudding is in the eating...errr...make that, the proof of the hair is in the seeing and feeling. You all have the strongest, prettiest, least fried hair I've ever seen. Bring on the groceries!

Kyla
July 21st, 2012, 02:41 PM
Its funny that the VERY groceries we put on our hair are then reformulated into shampoo and conditioners and products with chemicals added just so they can promote the same pure ingredient that works! (example:aragan oil).

I know, and then people who use those products get so weirded out when you mention you use the original source on your hair! Like,

Person 1: "My coconut oil infused conditioner is so great!"

Person 2: "Oh, I love coconut oil! I used the raw form on my length to make it shiny and soft!"

Person 1: "Oh my god that's gross. You're putting oil on your hair?!"

Sigh.