PDA

View Full Version : Blow drying a bit

Hollyfire3
July 19th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Truth be told, I'm going to a special event to meet Holly Marie Combs in 2 weeks and for the occasion, I purchased this: http://w7x.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=108607/styltini-Double-Shot-24-Hour-Hair-Thickener/Got-2-Be/Styling-Products

The ingredients are as followed: Aqua (Water), VP/VA Copolymer, PVP, Dimethicone Copolyol, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Butylene Glycol, PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Oleth 20, PEG 14M, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Perfume (Fragrance), Limonene, Hexylcinnamal, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin

I know, its not cone free at all and it DOES have to be used with a blow drier but...would using it once or twice (once tonight for a test run and once before the big day) be alright to my hair? I have terrible memories of overuse (daily) of this stuff and having my ends just break and my hair tangle and be disgusting but...I also have memories of beautiful shiny and mostly straight full hair (this stuff straightens my hair beauitfully, even though its volumizing) when used right. So used right and carefully, you think 2 uses (2 weeks apart) will allow my hair to survive?

lmfbs
July 19th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Well, using something that's going to damage your hair will damage it. It's all about how much damage you're willing to accept.

Hollyfire3
July 19th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Well, using something that's going to damage your hair will damage it. It's all about how much damage you're willing to accept.

Do you think two times would really permenatly damage it?

blaketob
July 19th, 2012, 06:18 PM
I don't think so. Not if you take good care of it during the time in between. 2 times is not over doing it. You should do a DT afterwards or something to help lock the moisture in

akilina
July 19th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Do you think two times would really permenatly damage it?
I do not. :]
After your festivities just clarify once you get home.
I don't see it being that badly. Just don't use full heat.
Oh, and always follow your blow dry (if you are doing it section by section with a brush) with a nice cold shot of air.

Hollyfire3
July 19th, 2012, 06:22 PM
I do not. :]
After your festivities just clarify once you get home.
I don't see it being that badly. Just don't use full heat.
Oh, and always follow your blow dry (if you are doing it section by section with a brush) with a nice cold shot of air.

Thanks for the tips! I will be clarifying afterward for sure, no worries there! You think I could use the product air-drying? I read a review somewhere that said it works for that too...tonight I'll blow dry just to be sure it works, but then I'll try air drying as I have time before the event to experiment. If air drying works, at least I'll have a use for the rest of the product I bought (3 bottle sale, more cost effective....)

akilina
July 19th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the tips! I will be clarifying afterward for sure, no worries there! You think I could use the product air-drying? I read a review somewhere that said it works for that too...tonight I'll blow dry just to be sure it works, but then I'll try air drying as I have time before the event to experiment. If air drying works, at least I'll have a use for the rest of the product I bought (3 bottle sale, more cost effective....)
I don't see why not. It is basically just a leave in. It should be just fine and it will probably just make your hair not frizzy. I am not sure about this exact product but I hate how some products make your hair feel sticky. I have a thermal spray that makes it feel sticky untill I blowfry or straighten.

Hollyfire3
July 19th, 2012, 07:20 PM
I don't see why not. It is basically just a leave in. It should be just fine and it will probably just make your hair not frizzy. I am not sure about this exact product but I hate how some products make your hair feel sticky. I have a thermal spray that makes it feel sticky untill I blowfry or straighten.

Hmm, I'll have to try it and see. I'm blow drying tonight just to be sure it still works, but then I'll use it as leave in and hope for the best come next wash day.