PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else who only washes their hair bi-weekly?

based goddess
July 19th, 2012, 01:47 PM
(Once every 2 weeks)
Since I see that a lot of you wash your hair like twice a week or slightly more/less, I was wondering if anyone else goes THIS long without washing it?

I know it may sound like too long without washing, BUT,
- my hair is dry so it doesn't get oily so fast
- my hair is in great shape from doing this
- my bright red hair stays brighter longer!

I'm thrilled, since it's a win-win situation!

petali
July 19th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Hehe I also have bi-weekly washes, but only because I'm on the lazy side.

Demi-Plum
July 19th, 2012, 01:56 PM
I tried to stretch my washes out in the winter and I was doing well with about every other day, but my hair is fine and thin so when the summer hit there was no way I could even do that anymore. I wish I could though!

Bagginslover
July 19th, 2012, 02:16 PM
I only wash twice a week at most-often only once a week, but I'm a greasy! I find leaving it greasy makes it wonderfully soft when I do wash it, I just wear it up when it's too oily to look nice any other way (I do wear it down when it's freshly washed though ;) )

sarelis
July 19th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Sometimes I go for up to 3 weeks! For all the same reasons as the OP :)

Zesty
July 19th, 2012, 02:21 PM
I've been doing this for a month or two now. Usually I wash on Wednesday and Sunday. It's been going well, my hair feels great on days 2 and 3, and is okay on 4. If I sweat I WO my hairline and air out my scalp and haven't had problems. I think if I had a BBB or something I could go longer. Hoping to transition to gentler methods and infrequent washing in a quest to stop irritating my dry/sensitive scalp.

sumidha
July 19th, 2012, 02:32 PM
I usually wash once a week or less in the winter...

pepperminttea
July 19th, 2012, 02:32 PM
If I didn't swim twice a week, I wouldn't wash my hair twice a week either; it always seems too soon. Do what works for your hair. :)

Madora
July 19th, 2012, 02:41 PM
I shampoo once a month, but brush 100 strokes every day with a clean boar bristle brush. My scalp is dry and my hair is covered a good part of the time due to a circulatory gremlin.

gthlvrmx
July 19th, 2012, 02:56 PM
I wash once a week and its good for me, though it gets funny on the day before i wash. It feels more gunky and smells a tad off depending how much i sweat that week. But its fine, i never smell BAD. Its never huge, i shampoo once a month and dilute it so its not too harsh.

I USED to wash 2-3 times a week but i changed that.

Ayjay
July 19th, 2012, 03:06 PM
I do once or twice a week depending on what I have going on. My blonde hair doesn't look that good when its greasy because it changes color Ick :P But I have found that dry shampoo can work well. Not sure what people feel about dry shampoo.

blaketob
July 19th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I wish.. maybe in the future. My hair seems to get greasy after about day 4. I wash on sundays and Wednesday. Maybe in the winter I can make it to once a week

LadyTheta
July 19th, 2012, 03:16 PM
For same reasons as original poster (never oily whatsoever, plus very dry) , I wash as-needed, maybe once every 7-10 days --- a couple of weeks sometimes.

MintChocChip
July 19th, 2012, 04:01 PM
I currently wash my hair (CWC) twice a week. It's normally Tuesdays and Saturdays. But if I'm going out on Friday night I'll swap that week to Fridays and Mondays. I'm afraid I can't stretch any longer than that at the moment though, I just get into a big greasy horrible mess. I last washed my hair on Monday and it's not looking great, but I'm determined not to wash it again until Saturday so I can get back into my normal routine. So my hair isn't going to look great tomorrow but never mind, I'll just bun it and go about my day! :D

What I have found by stretching washes to twice a week (pre LHC I used to wash my hair every other day, my hair used to get greasier a lot faster!) is my hair doesn't seem to be combination anymore. I used to have greasy hair at the roots and very dry looking ends when I needed to wash my hair. Now I still get my greasy roots when I need to wash my hair but the dry looking ends have gone. Since I've stretched washes and started using my BBB I have noticed a dramatic improvement in the softness of my hair too.

spidermom
July 19th, 2012, 04:13 PM
So you're saying that you wash every other week (twice a month)?

I tried to get to once per week, but the greasies and itchies weren't worth it. So I wash about every 3-4 days.

Charlottie
July 19th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I wash every 2 days because my hair gets greasy very fast and I can't stand it. I dread to think what it'd look like if I didn't wash it for two whole weeks. x[

Ebrox
July 19th, 2012, 04:49 PM
I wash my hair twice a week, Tuesdays and Saturdays.
I used to wash it every day, and then I read about no poo, it changed my hair completely.

Xandergrammy
July 19th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I usually only wash once a week unless its really hot or I get sweaty and dirty.

In2wishin
July 19th, 2012, 05:00 PM
So you're saying that you wash every other week (twice a month)?

I tried to get to once per week, but the greasies and itchies weren't worth it. So I wash about every 3-4 days.

I have the same thought as Spidermom

are you referring to washing every other week (bi-weekly) or are you referring to twice a week (semi-weekly)?

I tried to stretch to once a week but couldn't do it so bi-weekly is out of the question. I do wash twice a week normally and will occasionally stretch it to 5 days.

based goddess
July 19th, 2012, 05:46 PM
I mean once every two weeks.

SongofLove
July 19th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I think I actually could wash every 2 weeks, but I never tried it. Longest I've gone is a week and a few days.

SheaLynne
July 19th, 2012, 06:03 PM
I wash about every 1.5 to 2 weeks, depending on what I've done and when it needs it. I've learned to cover my hair more often and avoid needing to wash it just for the reason of what it has been exposed to. I stretched to that point by trying WO and NW/SO last year. Both worked great for me except for excessive split ends showing up. I plan to try those methods again when I have all the old previously damaged ends off of my hair, as I figure they just couldn't handle it with no help from conditioners, etc.

Beatnik Guy
July 19th, 2012, 06:07 PM
I mean once every two weeks.
Oh, yeah. Or 3 weeks; or sometimes 4. However, I wash my scalp every 3 or 4 days.

HairySherry
July 19th, 2012, 06:08 PM
I wash (CWC) about every 3 days. At this point, I could probably even stretch to 4, which I might just try. Even in the summer heat I haven't felt like I needed to wash more frequently.

Amber_Maiden
July 19th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Yes, I do occasionally. Most of the time I only wash because I put an oil treatment in my hair.

Shepherdess
July 19th, 2012, 07:43 PM
I only wash my hair when my scalp starts to itch a little (because if I leave it any longer than that my whole scalp will start to flake and turn red and extremely itchy). So I usually end up washing my hair once or twice a week. :) I tried going longer than a week once and it was miserable. I think because it is summertime it does that. I believe that I tried it a few times in the winter with no problems.

Kelli Kat
July 19th, 2012, 07:47 PM
For the reasons stated by OP, I wash once a month.

akilina
July 19th, 2012, 08:02 PM
I tried to stretch my washes out in the winter and I was doing well with about every other day, but my hair is fine and thin so when the summer hit there was no way I could even do that anymore. I wish I could though!
Me too! I thought it was just a personal problem but once warm weather hit I have to wash every day. It really sucks I spent all that time stretching washes sometimes by 3 days. Now it is ruined. I am not working anyway, I should just stretch it out and deal with the nastiness.

JamieLeigh
August 5th, 2012, 08:30 AM
I only wash twice a week, and I CO-wash. Sometimes I can even stretch it to once per week, depending on how the temperature is around here.