PDA

View Full Version : How should I type my schizo curls?

MaryMarx
July 19th, 2012, 04:41 AM
Hi everyone. :)

I'm sure a lot of you recognize this problem; I have no idea how to type curls that change from day to day.
I have uploaded some pics on my Photobucket so that you can see that sometimes it's really curly and sometimes just flat.

I know I'm supposed to type my hair when dry after washing, but that feels like cheating, because after a nights sleep it's totally changed and doesn't have all those curls... People don't believe me when I say I have curly hair! :(
How do you solve this?

Pics: http://s1057.photobucket.com/albums/t399/schakt/
Password: ukulele

Thanks!

DarkCurls
July 19th, 2012, 04:54 AM
It's hard to type hair when it's that short, but I'd say you're a good 2c in pic 1. And, yeah, typing is down after washing typically, because when you sleep on it, your hair rarely looks exactly the same (though there are styles to preserve curls when your hair is a bit longer). Maybe try spritzing your hair in the morning?

Mya
July 19th, 2012, 05:15 AM
I say 2c/3a. Your hair looks a bit like mine when it was shorter. If it really is like mine, it will gain volume and curls as it gets longer. Yeah I have mutant hair too, it never has the same shape for two days in a row, especially if you brush it.

Macaroni
July 19th, 2012, 05:20 AM
I vote 3A, judging from the third pic in your photobucket account. The fact that sleeping on them smooshes them out of shape, doesn't matter.

torrilin
July 19th, 2012, 06:09 AM
I'd go 3a. You have big, fat sidewalk chalk size spirals on freshly washed hair.

And well, if I had that much volume and curl as shown in your "straight" picture, I'd never again have people coming after me with curling irons.

And really, *everyone* with curls has changes like you are seeing. It's normal and part of being a curly. Curly hair is changeable and moldable in a way that straight hair just isn't :).

MaryMarx
July 19th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Maybe try spritzing your hair in the morning?

Great idea, that I haven't thought of! Thanks. :)

Mya, Macaroni, torrilin: Thank you for your help. I guess I made a pretty good hairtyping then. :)

MissAlida
July 19th, 2012, 08:04 AM
2c/3a. Your hair looks alot like mine in the first picture.:)

MaryMarx
July 19th, 2012, 09:24 AM
2c/3a. Your hair looks alot like mine in the first picture.:)

It does! Nice, a hair-partner-in-crime. Partner-in-hair. :p