PDA

View Full Version : Hairstyle help

Nymfora
July 18th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Ok so here's the thing, on monday, july 23 I have a bbq gathering for my hubbies work to go to at a lake with tents and other things, and it might humid and hot or it might be humid and rainy. Here's where I'm stuck I want to style my hair very nice and comfy but not sure if I should try a half up style or some other nice updo. We have to be there at 5 pm.

So I thought I'd post here and see what you guys have for ideas :D

TIA :hifive:

Madora
July 18th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Comfy and easy (and elegant) -- two strand lace crown braid by Lilith Moon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ

embee
July 18th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Depends how hot and humid you expect it to be. I'd not want a half-up in hot humid because the hair on my back acts like a blanket! ;) Also, if there's fire involved I'd not want loose hair floating about to catch ablaze. Will there be bugs and you'll be needing bug spray or lotion - that would be icky on the neck and shoulders under the hair.

Can you tell I'm an updo person!? :D

Alvrodul
July 18th, 2012, 09:53 PM
I, too, would recommend an updo. Have you tried the Cleopatra style (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QigGoRY_Nic)? very comfy and attractive, and not difficult to do, if you can do Dutch braiding!

jacqueline101
July 18th, 2012, 09:57 PM
I saw a simple bun.

sparrowswing
July 18th, 2012, 10:30 PM
I'm tossing my two cents in with the all-up crowd. Half-ups are cute and fun, but really meant for indoors or mild temperatures. If I go outside for 5 minutes this time of year with my hair half-up, the part that's down will be a stringy, sweaty mess and start attracting bugs to the back of my neck. Not fun. Since you're expecting some humidity, I'd say go with a braided style. It looks nice, it keeps your hair up and out of the way, and it feels nice and secure.

Nymfora
July 19th, 2012, 07:15 PM
I've been debating on a few braided styles, it is difficult for me since I have a very noticable thinning/balding section at the front top of my head (Iam very self-conceous about it) which I try to alter hairstyles I do so I can cover that section.

I was gonna try meybe the arwen battle braid but with my own twist so I can hide the thinning area. I've watched torrins video and I think I could do it, but do you guys think it would work for a rainy-ish day??