PDA

View Full Version : What's my hair color and hair type?

cloudberrypie
July 18th, 2012, 03:36 PM
And how thick do you think it looks? I have thick and straight bangs so it's difficult to do the "make a ponytail and measure it"-thing.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/tigerkaka/IMG_2502.jpg

Thank you and have a nice day! :)

cloudberrypie
July 18th, 2012, 03:39 PM
By the way, as you can see it's rather frizzy (but not dry), is there a cure for that?

cloudberrypie
July 18th, 2012, 04:29 PM
People usually refer to my hair as straight, but i feel like i have these really strange almost-waves. :neutral:

Changling
July 18th, 2012, 04:33 PM
The color looks like a kind of strawberry blonde to me, but I'm not super great at naming colors, lol. Based on your picture I'd type you at like a 1c. Did you wash and dry your hair according to hair typing standards? Like clarify, then air dry without touching it at all (no towel-drying, no scrunching, just letting it drip-dry)? If not, then that's probably not your hair type. My hair's texture changes a lot depending on how I wash and handle it.

ETA: you could make a ponytail right at the top of your forehead, in order to get all the fringe in. It would look really silly but you'd only have to do it for a minute to measure your circumference.

riceball
July 18th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Oh it's beautiful! I'd say it is light honey brown and maybe 1C/M/ii. or iii. Not sure just by looking. The "almost waves" are great!

riceball
July 18th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Also you might consider trying coconut oil for the frizz. It helps my frizz a lot.

cloudberrypie
July 18th, 2012, 04:39 PM
The color looks like a kind of strawberry blonde to me, but I'm not super great at naming colors, lol. Based on your picture I'd type you at like a 1c. Did you wash and dry your hair according to hair typing standards? Like clarify, then air dry without touching it at all (no towel-drying, no scrunching, just letting it drip-dry)? If not, then that's probably not your hair type. My hair's texture changes a lot depending on how I wash and handle it.

Hmm.. clarify? I washed it with shampoo, but maybe that's not clarifying enough? And i did dry it a little it with a micro fiber towel. Maybe i'll try again. :)

cloudberrypie
July 18th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Oh it's beautiful! I'd say it is light honey brown and maybe 1C/M/ii. or iii. Not sure just by looking. The "almost waves" are great!

Oh. Thank you! :) I'll try the coconut oil!

Changling
July 18th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Hmm.. clarify? I washed it with shampoo, but maybe that's not clarifying enough? And i did dry it a little it with a micro fiber towel. Maybe i'll try again. :)

This article will probably help you out: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=227

Clarifying is removing all product build-up from your hair. Pretty much everything you use on your hair leaves a coating on the strand, which is not necessarily a bad thing. But it can make your hair behave differently than it does naturally (like I said...not necessarily a bad thing XD )

Like it says in the article, clarifying is not necessary, unless you want to know your *true* hair type - your natural hair type, without anything being done to it. It is often enough to know your hair type for the routine you are using.

einna
July 18th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Looks like a 1c in the pic, but it might be wavier if you let it. The frizz can indicate waves trying to form. Did you brush, comb or handle the hair a lot before it dired?

Your haircolour is hard to tell from just one picture, hair in the blonette category (blond/brown) often changes a lot with lighting. From the pic, it looks a lot like my harcolour, I just call it a warm blonette. :)

Mountaingrrl
July 18th, 2012, 07:17 PM
I'd say dark golden blonde and 1c.

elbow chic
July 18th, 2012, 07:39 PM
1c, maybe 2a depending, and dark blond.

dwell_in_safety
July 18th, 2012, 08:15 PM
1c, fine or medium in texture (though that is not always easily perceptible in photos), and color I would classify as a warm dark blonde. You have lovely hair.

Springlets
July 18th, 2012, 09:48 PM
You look to be a level 6, which can be either blonde or brown depending on the pigments. I'd say you're on the brown side just from this picture. It looks quite similar to this hair color: Gold Brown (http://www.lorealparisusa.com/_us/_en/default.aspx#/?page=top{userdata//d+d//|diagnostic|main:pdp//objectid+HCo12_47//{pdp_tab:pdp_overview//objectid+HCo12_47//}|media:_blank|nav|overlay:_blank})