PDA

View Full Version : Great article on sulfates and other ingredients!

bunnylake
July 18th, 2012, 11:09 AM
"Whether at the salon, in magazines, commercials or online, we can't seem to get away from the hair care ads that promise solutions to all our main mane woes. Amidst cleansing conditioner claims, Brazilian Blowouts, formulas promising to regrow hair, and sulfate-free everything, how do you know what's really worth your time or money?"

https://www.facebook.com/notes/paulas-choice-inc/brazilian-blowouts-sulfate-free-answers-to-your-top-hair-care-questions/10150931035719004

DarkCurls
July 18th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I like this. It's not often the industry admits this.
I'm not too sure about what they have to say about going sulfate-free and using conditioners to wash (both things that I do and that they don't recommend).

"Once Hair is Damaged, It's Damaged Forever: Styling products and conditioners can make damaged hair feel and look better, but they work only as long as you continue to use them. Hair is dead, and once damaged, nothing can bring it back to its original state."

Iolanthe13
July 18th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Strange what they say about sulfates. I'm not sure going sulfate-free prevented my salon dyed red hair from fading, but it certainly made my hair less greasy at the roots. Where I previously had to wash my hair every day, it's down to every three or four days.

However, what they said about expensive vs. cheap hair products seems to hold true for me at least - no discernible difference between Kerastase and Pantene, for me, except that the Kerastase was slightly more concentrated.

Bottom line is that different things work for different hair.