PDA

View Full Version : *Challenge* 'Curlies say NO to heat'.

CurlyCurves
July 18th, 2012, 07:42 AM
CHALLENGE!

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/563319_4362948352298_527596398_n.jpg

"Curlies say NO to heat"

Heyaaaaaa :D

I have, sadly, experienced curl loosening after my last flat iron, so I have decided to go heat free. I already don't blow dry, and I only flat iron once a month, but after what's happened, I'm scared to put heat to my curls again.

So what other curlies are with me?!

I'm hoping to go heat free for at least a year.

Let me know, and I'll add your name to the list :cheese:

-----------------------------------

The heat free curlies so far...

CurlyCurves

-----------------------------------

arielįgua
July 18th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Can wavy people count? I had pattern loss too because of straightening with a blow drier.
I've been heat free for almost a year.

:)

Ginger Kitteh
July 18th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Count me in. Aw, I've gone and committed. :D

My flat iron has been retired for a few months, but I have been using a blow drier on warm sometimes. I guess if I use it on a cool setting on low it's okay. It'll be just like a gentle breeze flowing through my hair!

However, my hair looks terrible "straight" because it looks rather triangular like it is still wants to be in a curl formation. So maybe I don't even need that cool setting.

CurlyCurves
September 12th, 2012, 01:52 AM
I forgot about this thread!

So sorry, yes, wavies can be included too!

As for me, I gave in and flat ironed on 1st Sept :(

But aiming not to do it again for the rest of this year.

Ambystoma
September 12th, 2012, 03:58 AM
I flat ironed mine about a month ago since I wanted to even up my hemline a little and figured it would be easier to trim when straight - It's taken a couple of S&D's and loads of deep conditioning to get my ends to feel nice again after only one use on the lowest heat setting! I doobie wrap every now and again which turns out nice but it still looks 1b/c ish - not quite the shiny 1a sheet of hair effect I get with heat but I think I'll just keep experimenting with wrapping techniques since I'm too scared to heat style anymore. In other words, count me in! I might do it once a year or so for a very special occasion though since DH loves it super straight :o

Aredhel77
September 12th, 2012, 04:02 AM
I'm in! Wurly here *waves*. I very rarely use heat any more, so I'm three quarters of the way there already :lol:

PinkyCat
September 12th, 2012, 04:13 AM
I'll join - mostly to encourage others. I've been over heat styling for over a decade.

:cheer::cheer: You can do it! You can do it! GOOOOOOOO CURLIES!!! :cheer::cheer:
C'MONNNNNN WURLIES!!!

Lauram
September 12th, 2012, 05:27 AM
I'm a wavy too but i want to join! I used to get split ends on the hair underneath thats really fine, and even after i would trim them they would come back. now that i dont use heat they dont come back. i havent heat styled much this year (mostly cause i have a toddler and dont feel like it) but i want to atleast go the rest of the year with no heat styling at all.

i would like to say i'll never do it again only because its so bad for my hair. but i wont commit to that yet!

melusine963
September 12th, 2012, 07:25 AM
I'm more of a wurly than a curly these days. In my case, I think I lost most of my curls for a number of reasons, one of which would be owning a straightening iron for about two years. Luckily I was too lazy to use it all the time, but I'm afraid the damage is done.