PDA

View Full Version : My hair is coming in dark and quite coarse at the back?

sunshine-locks
July 18th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Hello all! I've made a crazy hair discovery :confused:
I've always had really thin, light hair, on every part of my scalp. But recently, I've noticed that the back portion of my hair is getting much darker than the front and middle of my hair! I was hair-typing and pulled out a hair from the very back, and it was a medium brown, rather wirey and had kinks!

My other hairs are like cat hairs- barely visible against background, can barely be felt between the fingers, and quite a light blonde. I also noticed that on the darker hair, it suddenly changes thickness, around where I last dyed up. What's happening with my hair? :eek:

sakuraemily
July 18th, 2012, 08:10 AM
I've had one or two strands like that. i couldn't figure out either why this was happening.

perkidanman
July 18th, 2012, 08:13 AM
I know a few people with hair like that, myself included. I'm not sure why but the hair at the back of my head near the nape is just...kinkier than the rest. It's coarser too.

afu
July 18th, 2012, 08:18 AM
my hair is courser at the the nape, very strange

velvetvenus
July 18th, 2012, 08:23 AM
I had my hair cut very short three years ago due to horrendous extension damage and my hair has grown back a very different texture- darker and much thicker. I am half Lebanese but previously had very european hair so put this down to my arabic roots- my brother always had dark course hair. However I wonder if there is a scientific reason behind? I suppose follicles can change over time.... Interesting!

Windflower
July 18th, 2012, 08:26 AM
My hair did this when I had a haircut that was super short. The only hair that changed was at the nape of my neck and it grew in all curly and wirey. It's been that way for twenty years.

Windflower
July 18th, 2012, 08:33 AM
My hair did this when I had a haircut that was super short. The only hair that changed was at the nape of my neck and it grew in all curly and wirey. It's been that way for twenty years.

sharonluvscats
July 18th, 2012, 08:36 AM
My hair is like that too. Much coarser around my neck area. I never wear half up-dos because it looks weird.

sunshine-locks
July 18th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Maybe it's just normal then? :shrug:
Atleast I know I'm not alone with this oddness now :P Thank you, everyone.