PDA

View Full Version : Will you type my hair?

HumanBean
July 17th, 2012, 10:35 PM
I had not clarified since joining and thought maybe it would be a good idea to get that done and do an official hair typing. What I have recorded now (1b/1c) was my best guess.

This pic is with Neutrogena clarifying shampoo, completely airdried/drip-dried no manipulation of any kind.

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff470/Blbrady/th_8b46a710.jpg (http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff470/Blbrady/?action=view&current=8b46a710.jpg)

battles
July 17th, 2012, 10:39 PM
I would put my guess at 1c/2a. Very pretty. :D

spirals
July 17th, 2012, 10:57 PM
I'd say 2a or 2b. You're not a 1; your waves are consistent.

HumanBean
July 17th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Thank you Battles. I was wondering if I might not be higher up on the wavy scale (than I had guessed). When my hair was last super short (25 years ago), it was pretty wavy.

HumanBean
July 17th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Thanks Spirals. Yeah, I can see four distinct waves.

SoulOfTheSea
July 17th, 2012, 11:07 PM
I agree with 1c/2a. :)

jojo
July 17th, 2012, 11:11 PM
I think your on the cusp of a 2A it looks like some nice S shaped waves are forming there, I. Pretty sure some CO washes would bring them out nicely, your hair is so pretty too, lovely colour.

Diamond.Eyes
July 17th, 2012, 11:12 PM
I would have to say 1c/2a as well. :flower:.

HumanBean
July 17th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Thank you, SouloftheSea, jojo, and DiamondEyes.

I've been sort of doing CO-washing, because I knew based on my frizz that I lacked moisture, but I haven't been very consistent about it. Sounds like it might be time to take it seriously and see what happens.

SoulOfTheSea
July 17th, 2012, 11:22 PM
By the way, I think 2a hair is a really great hair type. You can curl it or do braidwaves, and it takes to those styles really well. Or if you want a straighter look, it also easily takes that style as well. I've always been jealous of the 2a's. :)

anitacs9101
July 18th, 2012, 12:04 AM
I'd say 2a or 2b. You're not a 1; your waves are consistent.
I agree :)

HumanBean
July 18th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Thanks AnitaCS.

I may go with 2a, since everyone's vote has incorporated it so far.

red-again
July 18th, 2012, 12:39 AM
I would say you are slightly less wavy than me and I got typed as 2a on here so my vote is 1c.

HumanBean
July 18th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Yes, I'm less wavy than you are. So maybe 1c/2a? It did get the most votes...

pepperminttea
July 18th, 2012, 01:53 AM
I'd go 1c/2a too, but nearer 2a than 1c. :)

Hairwish
July 18th, 2012, 04:58 AM
I would say 1c/2a is about right.

HumanBean
July 18th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Thanks Peppermittea and Hairwish!

1nuitblanche
July 18th, 2012, 09:24 AM
It looks to me like you're about 2a.

torrilin
July 18th, 2012, 10:57 AM
I would say you are slightly less wavy than me and I got typed as 2a on here so my vote is 1c.

Well, the problem with that is she's not straight :D. It's not really a competition, since different people can have the same type even if their hair doesn't look the same. The two of you have hair that demonstrate this very clearly. You both have large S waves, and there's no question of them being S waves. Hers are quite uniform and orderly. Yours are more random and give a more variable appearance.

1c, the overall impression should be pretty straight, and she's not that. I don't think any of us have looked at her picture and said "wow, that's such straight hair" ;)

2a, the overall impression should be wavy, and she definitely has that.

I'd tend to put 1c/2a as "I'm not sure if it's wavy or straight". There are folks who lean that way, but I think we can all agree the OP isn't a very good example. I might possibly lean that way if I ever manage to get a length shot where I did full on Curly Girl :). But most of the time after any kind of wash, the bit of wave I have barely lasts til my hair is dry... even if I'm good about not touching. When my waves are visible tho, they are a longer wavelength than either of you have... so I type out as 1c.

HumanBean
July 18th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Hi Torrilin. So 1c/2a but leaning more towards 2a? Maybe with the right care more obviously 2a?

HumanBean
July 18th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Thanks 1nuitblanche.

anitacs9101
July 18th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Well, the problem with that is she's not straight :D. It's not really a competition, since different people can have the same type even if their hair doesn't look the same. The two of you have hair that demonstrate this very clearly. You both have large S waves, and there's no question of them being S waves. Hers are quite uniform and orderly. Yours are more random and give a more variable appearance.

1c, the overall impression should be pretty straight, and she's not that. I don't think any of us have looked at her picture and said "wow, that's such straight hair" ;)

2a, the overall impression should be wavy, and she definitely has that.

I'd tend to put 1c/2a as "I'm not sure if it's wavy or straight". There are folks who lean that way, but I think we can all agree the OP isn't a very good example. I might possibly lean that way if I ever manage to get a length shot where I did full on Curly Girl :). But most of the time after any kind of wash, the bit of wave I have barely lasts til my hair is dry... even if I'm good about not touching. When my waves are visible tho, they are a longer wavelength than either of you have... so I type out as 1c.

Completely agree :) I thought I might be 1c for a while but thought to myself, would I call my hair straight or wavy? And it's pretty wavy, even if it's on the straighter end :p

HumanBean
July 18th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Ok, I'm convinced, I'm going with 2a!