PDA

View Full Version : Mane and tail shampoo & conditioner Ques

momoftwo708
July 17th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Okay I have dry hair always did, I have bad layers and need to grow out layers ASAP, will this shampoo help? I recently bought 23 seems normal just as every other conditioner

Amber_Maiden
July 17th, 2012, 05:13 PM
I've used it. It was pretty good.

blaketob
July 17th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I use it. I don't love it but I don't hate it either. I'm using it for the summer because I was told it helps speed up hair growth. A lot of people like it a lot though :)

Gillian
July 17th, 2012, 05:16 PM
it does work pretty well but it also doesnt smell great. i think when i was using it i kept another conditioner around with a scent that i liked for if i was going out to dinner or something.

swearnsue
July 17th, 2012, 06:18 PM
I use them once every few month because they both have protein. My hair mostly needs moisture instead of protein.

kitcatsmeow
July 17th, 2012, 08:13 PM
I liked it!
Until I found out it contained parabens. I switched to 100% natural ingredient products anyway but it was nice while it lasted.

akilina
July 17th, 2012, 08:19 PM
No shampoo and conditioner will ever make your hair grow faster...
Its an alright product. There are soooooo much better things out there.

catamonica
July 17th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Well I tried this shampoo. Still use it. My hair went from past midback to waist in 2010. My hair hadn't grown since high school!

akilina
July 17th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Well I tried this shampoo. Still use it. My hair went from past midback to waist in 2010. My hair hadn't grown since high school!
What do you mean by had not grown. Literally had not one tenth of a millimeter of growth whatsoever for that long?
I doubt this. Don't get me wrong here. I'm not trying to be rude.
I always hated how there were ads for this stuff in the back of seventeen magazine with claims of "long hair in 7 days!!"
I know that when I used it my hair did not grow any faster, but it sure did feel nice.

gthlvrmx
July 17th, 2012, 09:00 PM
its full of protein, if you're hair needs it, itll like it. if your hair doesnt need it or doesnt cooperate with protein, it will feel dry, hard, and like hay. If it doesnt work out, moisturize your hair with something that draws in some moisture or use regular shampoo to get it out if you didnt use the mane n tail too much. or clarify and start all over but i dont think it should be that bad, its just my method of doing things, starting over, when i mess up and use a product that doesnt cooperate.
dry hair needs moisture. if your hair is healthy in the first place and not breaking and splitting, you'll retain more length.

elfgirl
July 17th, 2012, 09:10 PM
I used this lots when I was younger, then switched to other shampoos. I remember it working pretty well for my hair then.

KAggs
July 17th, 2012, 09:17 PM
I've been using it this summer for the first time. My hair loves it so far. I also feel like it's doing something with my hair growth, but maybe my eyes are just deceiving me.

Natalia
July 17th, 2012, 09:24 PM
i havent used it in years but my brothers ex who had thick (density and strands) straight hair has been using it for years. she usd to have near hip length but keeps it apl/bsl now.

Miss Catrina
July 17th, 2012, 10:11 PM
If your hair is dry, I wouldn't recommend it. It's very powerful shampoo, kind of stripping if you ask me.

IvanaGil
July 17th, 2012, 10:26 PM
I used the shampoo and conditioner for over a year. My hair hates all shampoos but I still use them. I did like the conditioner though. It's very thick and conditionery :p I've stopped using m&t just because I got bored. No real complaints here. Oh, and it definitely doesn't speed up growth!

akilina
July 17th, 2012, 10:49 PM
If your hair is dry, I wouldn't recommend it. It's very powerful shampoo, kind of stripping if you ask me.

Very true. I think they make a mane and tail for humans now.
This stuff IS meant for animals, who have a different build up to their hair...

HintOfMint
July 17th, 2012, 10:50 PM
It is chockablock full of protein, so it may actually be more drying in the long run. I've found that to be the case with my hair.

catamonica
July 17th, 2012, 10:53 PM
My hair was just past midback until I was age 54 in 2010. It stopped growing in high school.
I heard it helped growth, so I tried it. I added two capfuls of olive oil to the shampoo. I read online that the oil helps growth. but I'm not sure if that helped. All I know is I had a miracle. I have been wearing it up, and now it's at hip. And it's still growing.

bluegrass
July 17th, 2012, 11:38 PM
I've used this shampoo & conditioner on and off for several years. But I have horses and dogs...so anything multipurpose is great.;)

The only issue I ever had with it is buildup. If this was the only brand of shampoo/conditioner I had available, I could usually make it through a bottle of each before my hair felt rather...gummy. But I love having a bottle of it around to alternate with other products. The first few times I wash my hair with mane & tail, after having been away from it for awhile, my hair feels and smells great.

lundmir
July 18th, 2012, 01:17 AM
I have been using the shampoo for about a month. I really like it, but my hair loves protein.

momoftwo708
July 18th, 2012, 10:18 AM
I used it a couple months ago I remember it making my hair feel weird n hard my hair did grow a lot and I end up cutting it not sure if it was from the shampoo or biotin, I am confused on what conditioner to go with

catamonica
July 18th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I use the horse conditioner & suave Aloe Vera. And Aloe shampoo. You don't have to use the horse conditioner. It' cheaper to get just the shampoo. It's about 6-7 dollars a bottle.