PDA

View Full Version : Oh how i hate my thin bangs

omgkfclolz
July 17th, 2012, 06:49 AM
So i have really thin bangs and it sucks. It sucks if i wanted to keep my hair short because i can't part it in a reasonable way without it falling to the side and looking stupid, and I'm afraid this will pose a problem once I grow my hair out

I made a collage of photos, the first photo in the upper left hand corner is today, the rest are either a few days old or a few months old.

http://images.photovisi.com/4d1fc23e-c170-469c-8caa-b9df0858cfafwallpaper.jpg

I even highlighted in pink where it'll effect my hair the most.
Any tips you guys can give me?

brave
July 17th, 2012, 06:58 AM
What do you want your bangs to do? Do you want them to stay, are you trying to grow them out, how are you wanting them to be styled?

omgkfclolz
July 17th, 2012, 07:11 AM
@brave

I want them to stay in place where they are at but be thicker

I don't mean to post a youtube video but i can't get a picture of this girl so the way her

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLMGjTwYoUs

She seems to have a problem with her hair though, keeping it in place.

amanda_the_tall
July 17th, 2012, 07:40 AM
my brother's hair does the same thing. it's going to be difficult to get the side swoop thing to stay in place. i don't think your hair looks thin, you might need to use some sort of gel to make it all 'stick together', if that's what you mean.

omgkfclolz
July 17th, 2012, 07:43 AM
@kitten91.
Yeah it sucks :(
does your bro have long hair?
Is this common for women?

And I don't have many hair in the front but a lot of the sides/back.

Shiranshoku
July 17th, 2012, 07:57 AM
I see this a lot because the sideswept fringe is so in vogue lately, and imho it's not because the bangs are too thin, but because the side part is too far to the side of the head.

Your hair basically wants to go back to its natural parting, thus creating the gap.

I have a natural sidepart, and my hair does something along those lines when I try to part it in the middle.

ETA: That kitten is seriously cute.

Tips... Well, the easiest is to let your hair fall where it wants to :p
For the sideswept look, I think I'd use aloe gel or something like that, and redo them a couple of times during the day.

Cania
July 17th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Aloe Vera Gel, for sure! I have problems with my ear poking out on one side because I like quite a far side-parting. I rub a little AVG between my fingers, rub it into the scalp when the hair is wet and blowdry how I like it. I was really surprised by how well it keeps by hair in place, without that hard feeling of mousse and hairspray.

I've also noticed that's it generally made my hair thicker over the months too, which is nice. A lot of people report the same kind of thing, so who knows? Might end up as a more permanent solution.

I don't think the "thinness" (I can't think of a better word XD) is as noticeable as you think, either. And that kitten is just the cutest thing!

omgkfclolz
July 17th, 2012, 08:08 AM
What do you want your bangs to do? Do you want them to stay, are you trying to grow them out, how are you wanting them to be styled?

I see this a lot because the sideswept fringe is so in vogue lately, and imho it's not because the bangs are too thin, but because the side part is too far to the side of the head.

Your hair basically wants to go back to its natural parting, thus creating the gap.

I have a natural sidepart, and my hair does something along those lines when I try to part it in the middle.

ETA: That kitten is seriously cute.

Tips... Well, the easiest is to let your hair fall where it wants to :p
For the sideswept look, I think I'd use aloe gel or something like that, and redo them a couple of times during the day.

Well i'm not sure what it's natural part is, i guess on the side of my head, which looks kinda stupid imo and i hate it! :(
Sometimes it'll do it but most does i have to flip my hair like justin bieber in order for it to stay! :P

What i do now is i dry it in the direction i want it to go, straighten it in that direction and then wear a hat for about a ten minutes and it'll hold for a while.
Some days are good days, some days are bad days. I wonder once it's longer if it'll be easier

omgkfclolz
July 17th, 2012, 08:24 AM
I'd eventually like to get my hair to this length, maybe a bit shorter, and part it in the opposite direction.

Am i the only one that is uncomfortable with their hair if it lays on your head in a certain direction or at a certain angle. It makes the world of a difference depending on where it lays, no matter the length.

Toadstool
July 17th, 2012, 08:27 AM
It looks like your hair isn't too thin, just that you have a cowlick where your fringe naturally parts.

omgkfclolz
July 17th, 2012, 08:29 AM
It looks like your hair isn't too thin, just that you have a cowlick where your fringe naturally parts.

Will growing it out help that?
That's what seems to work sometimes, i grow my hair out and have something to part but it doesn't always work

How can yall tell where it parts?
I don't wanna let it fall and expose my forehead.
I'm insecure about that, don't know why

amanda_the_tall
July 17th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Will growing it out help that?
That's what seems to work sometimes, i grow my hair out and have something to part but it doesn't always work

How can yall tell where it parts?
I don't wanna let it fall and expose my forehead.
I'm insecure about that, don't know why

sometimes growing it out will help weigh it down. your natural part can be somewhat altered if you continually brush your hair in the same direction over time. as in my brother's hair used to have a cowlick when it was shorter, then as he's grown the front out (about where yours is now) and he brushes it the same direction every day, it's gotten to where if he doesn't brush it it'll still hang in the same direction, if that makes sense.
don't feel bad about it though, i think your hair looks fine the way it is. my hair does the same thing only i have a scar so i have a bald spot that i can't hide. :P

vanillabones
July 17th, 2012, 09:23 AM
I don't think your bangs look bad at all. My hair looked the same with bangs, I have given up on them. Half of the top of my head was put towards getting those thicker more full bangs and it never happened anyway for me. Maybe if you try switching the sides you push them to once a week or every so often it could help with the volume... I switch my part this way and it's helping.

omgkfclolz
July 17th, 2012, 11:26 AM
I don't think your bangs look bad at all. My hair looked the same with bangs, I have given up on them. Half of the top of my head was put towards getting those thicker more full bangs and it never happened anyway for me. Maybe if you try switching the sides you push them to once a week or every so often it could help with the volume... I switch my part this way and it's helping.

What would switching the sides help with?
Does hair get used to where you swoop it to and start to lay flat so pushing it to the opposite helps this?