PDA

View Full Version : you might be a curly if

spirals
July 16th, 2012, 11:30 PM
--you can predict a tornado without looking at the weather report
--oil doesn't take down your volume so much as makes it shiny
--people ask if you got a haircut and you have to explain that the length changes with the weather
--you go to work with straightened hair and coworkers don't recognize you
--kids sproing your curls and ask, "Why doesn't it stay straight?"
--you have at least 4 kinds of gel/mousse/serum in your stash, always
--fallen hairs make perfect circles

MaryMarx
July 17th, 2012, 01:31 AM
"You can predict a tornado without looking at the weather report"

I really like that one!

CurlyMopTop
July 17th, 2012, 06:41 AM
And:

--Strangers ask you if your hair is real.
--Suave or Vo5 go on sale and you buy 15 bottles.
--Your hair eats hair toys and measuring tapes.
--You turn into a poodle when you let your young niece brush your hair.
--Your favorite hair tools are your fingers and an old t-shirt.
--Rain storms make your hair shrink 2 to 4 inches. (love having a natural barometer)

Tornado! LOL.......:D

blondie9912
July 17th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Haha these are so cute! I have relatively straight hair and no way to relate, but they're fun to read

DarkCurls
July 17th, 2012, 09:28 AM
I love these! I can relate to most. Here are mine:

-- people ask you how you brush your hair.
-- people ask you how you got your hair so curly. :confused:
-- people have a weird fascination with touching your hair.
-- when it rains, and unlike the flat-iron-users around you, you don't run for cover.
-- when you babysit, the best way to keep the kids quiet and occupied is to let them play with your hair. *sigh*

Hollyfire3
July 17th, 2012, 10:00 AM
You use a crazy amount of mousse/serum/gel but no one can ever tell cause your hair eats it!

afu
July 17th, 2012, 10:27 AM
-- Your hair turns into a fluffy cloud at the sight of a blowdrier
-- There is no such thing as too much conditioner

curlyhair
July 17th, 2012, 10:33 AM
When my Hair appears as ASL when it is actually almost BSL

kitschy
July 17th, 2012, 10:33 AM
You've been asked if you put your finger in a light socket more times than where you get your perms.

joflakes
July 17th, 2012, 10:35 AM
:lol: this is funny! I'm not a curly but love to read these.

redsonjared
July 17th, 2012, 12:00 PM
You use a crazy amount of mousse/serum/gel but no one can ever tell cause your hair eats it!

My hair has always done this! It is a family joke that you can literally see product vanish. I had no idea this was a sign of wavy/wurly hair. Having just discovered I am a 2a/b things are starting to make sense about the way my hair behaves!

Hollyfire3
July 17th, 2012, 12:05 PM
My hair has always done this! It is a family joke that you can literally see product vanish. I had no idea this was a sign of wavy/wurly hair. Having just discovered I am a 2a/b things are starting to make sense about the way my hair behaves!

Well, I don't know its a sign of wurly hair or thick hair, all I know is that I used to use 9 HUGE palmfuls of mousse and you couldn't tell (hence why I had no idea it was drying out my hair...now i use three). But seriously, any product I use just vanishes. I use olive oil in DTs and just rinse, my hair is never oily.

moon2dove
July 17th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Yes all of the above!!

The light socket one I've heard sooooo many times, especially when I use to use a hairdryer and brush:rolleyes:

Tornado :D

spirals
July 17th, 2012, 12:24 PM
OK, the tornado thing is actually true. One day a few summers ago it was the usual high humidity and dark clouds. But my hair was literally reaching for the sky. It was kind of floating above my head, and it wasn't windy. I said, "Mark my words; there WILL be a tornado today." There was. It wasn't in my county, but it happened.

Fencai
July 17th, 2012, 02:12 PM
-people think you're crazy for telling them to put product on sopping wet hair instead of "toweled dry"

-you keep certain t-shirts folded in with the towels

-when people get disgusted at you for telling them you don't brush or comb your hair unless is a super wide tooth comb and in the shower when its full of CO (otherwise you don't touch it!)

-you aren't afraid to drive to work with a t-shirt turban around your head so you have ultimate plopping time for styling purposes

Elithia
July 17th, 2012, 02:44 PM
-You know before someone opens their mouth when they're going to ask, "Is that real?"
-You get used to telling guests they can't borrow your brush ... because you don't own one.

HappyHair87
July 17th, 2012, 09:51 PM
When conditioner is your best friend

When you have no clue what to do with your hair the occasional times you DO decide to flat iron it.

When you sigh in the hair toy aisle at walmart or target bc the pretty ones would be doomed in your hair!

spirals
July 17th, 2012, 10:25 PM
You make a mistake when cutting your hair that no one will ever notice. :D

Dragon Faery
July 17th, 2012, 11:26 PM
If you don't own a brush or comb.
If you have 20+ bottles of conditioner and remark to your DH that you're running low
...If DH accepts this statement without batting an eye.
If you have multiple length measurements: wet, scrunched, dry, humid, and oiled/stretched by updos.
If the thought of waiting to detangle until your hair is dry is laughable.
If anyone has ever complained they couldn't see around your hair.

Fun thread! :)

Puertoricangirl
July 17th, 2012, 11:53 PM
--you look like the before shot of hair on shampoo commercials when you brush it
--there is no point of straightening your hair because it goes back to its natural state really fast
--you get mad if someone runs their fingers through it because their fingers get stuck and it hurts lol
--your hair is like 4 inches shorter than it is when it is straight or wet
--you don't need product to scrunch your hair or revive your curls...you can just use water!
--humidity is your worst enemy!
--you go through your bottles of conditioner way before your shampoo

Puertoricangirl
July 18th, 2012, 12:02 AM
-people think you're crazy for telling them to put product on sopping wet hair instead of "toweled dry"

-you keep certain t-shirts folded in with the towels

-when people get disgusted at you for telling them you don't brush or comb your hair unless is a super wide tooth comb and in the shower when its full of CO (otherwise you don't touch it!)

-you aren't afraid to drive to work with a t-shirt turban around your head so you have ultimate plopping time for styling purposes

lol! My sisters think its weird that I don't brush my hair very much but it looks like a poof ball when i brush it dry...and my curls aren't as pretty if I brush it wet. I have to brush it before I shower.

Ambystoma
July 18th, 2012, 04:25 AM
I'm a wavy not a true curly, but I can certainly relate to a lot of these (frizz - everything about it)! When I take my hair down in the morning from it's protective sleep updo it's APL, even though the longest part is ~1" away from waist wet :bigeyes:.

CurlyCurves
July 18th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Like aforementioned, when you get asked 'how did you get your hair so curly?'.

And when people are really surprised when they see you with straight hair.

Oh, and having to walk around with sopping wet hair, cursing in your head because the wind is blowing it and you'll know it'll now be a bad hair day.

earthnut
July 18th, 2012, 11:06 AM

It's not so much a sign of wurly hair, as much as it's a sign of porous hair. Wavy and curly hair is porous more often than straight hair though. :)

earthnut
July 18th, 2012, 11:13 AM
If anyone has ever complained they couldn't see around your hair.

Oh yeah! Though that was when I was brushing it... My hair is a lot less voluminous looking since I started CO. Which is fine with me. :)

Ginger Kitteh
July 18th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Haha, these are cute.

If you freak out when someone's hand goes in slowly for the touch.

If the natural feature of someone's hair staying straight after getting wet is a weird idea.

If a homeless man tries to lend you a hat on a windy day!

earthnut
July 18th, 2012, 11:40 AM
You get anxious when people rub your hair, especially when it's drying.

afu
July 18th, 2012, 11:45 AM
-- when your housemates think you're odd for having your shower 4 hours before bedtime just so it isn't dripping by the time you want to sleep instead of just using a blowdrier!

I definitly get the 'is that real' comment A LOT! I even had one girl say to me that my hair couldn't possibly be real because blonde curly hair doesn't exist!

Elithia
July 18th, 2012, 01:31 PM
When any day wearing your hair down results in tugs as people "sproing" your ends. (This also happens with a ponytail.)

earthnut
July 18th, 2012, 01:39 PM
You never quite know what your hair will look like each day!

spirals
July 20th, 2012, 11:01 PM
^ Someone posted once at nc.com that she never knows what it will do, so she just goes "along for the ride". It is like a carnival sometimes. Here's one: You have 2 lengths: technical (whatever it actually measures) length and actual (wherever it falls) length. The latter changes every day.