PDA

View Full Version : According to Nickelodeon, long long hair is 'in'

freznow
August 4th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Or as close to it as I can imagine it to be. I've seen two series with a character with TB length hair. One is actually a fairly prominent secondary character. (That'd be Stacy in Zoey 101. The other was a random classmate in iCarly, but she had a speaking part.)

I just thought that was cool and hope there will be more long haired characters in their shows. Disney channel has a lot of BSL to waist, but this is the first time I've seen so much long long hair not in a film that is set in the medieval ages :p

HaiirPEACE
August 4th, 2008, 08:28 AM
i watch the disney channel for hair inspiration! i want emily osments hair or demi lovato they both look like they have their natural colors i think they are both super pretty

morgwn
August 4th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Hey, so does that mean that longer hair is going to become a fad now with the younger crowd? ;)

HaiirPEACE
August 4th, 2008, 08:36 AM
http://www.demi-lovato.com/gallery/albums/Photoshoots/New%20Headshots/normal_006.jpg

*drool*

TyagoN
August 4th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Wow, the evil global conglomerate is promoting something good? Go Disney (for a change!)

Curlsgirl
August 4th, 2008, 12:37 PM
http://www.demi-lovato.com/gallery/albums/Photoshoots/New%20Headshots/normal_006.jpg

*drool*How pretty!!!

Pegasus Marsters
August 4th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Wow, the evil global conglomerate is promoting something good? Go Disney (for a change!)

Gee, that's nice :rolleyes:

crystal_89
August 5th, 2008, 01:53 AM
A lot of anime characters tend to have long, long, long funky hair.

...part of the reason I want kind of longish... funkyish hair... :D

Edit: Ohh... my mind is off in 2D land... I just realised you're talking about real people hehehe

manderly
August 5th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Wow! She's a really beautiful girl too :D

I wish my natural color was like that, but it's a bit more mousy brown :(

freznow
August 5th, 2008, 10:13 AM
A lot of anime characters tend to have long, long, long funky hair.

...part of the reason I want kind of longish... funkyish hair... :D

Edit: Ohh... my mind is off in 2D land... I just realised you're talking about real people hehehe

2D Land has some amazing hair! There's a show on an obscure kids channel where the main character has a calf length pony tail. And lots of shows (not even just the anime ones) have lots of classic length hair. Long hair's a lot more practical in 2D land!

truepeacenik
August 5th, 2008, 05:16 PM
old codger moment:
whee. the kids will all want extensions.
/ codger}

morningstar
August 5th, 2008, 06:29 PM
I have noticed that more young girls are growing their hair. I see it mostly around here from the middle school to high school age. My 2 daughters age 6 have hip length hair and most of the little girls their age have shoulder length. I am thinking it is more popular now to have longer hair but until a child can take care of it herself or (mom does it out of love) they have to wait until they are old enough.

CurlyNinja
August 5th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Semi-related:

A coworker was telling me the other day how she likes to watch Zoey 101 with her three kids...and she got to watching and enjoying it so much that now she'll watch it without them! :spitting: