PDA

View Full Version : Keratin Hair Treatment

cmdinoto
July 15th, 2012, 08:25 PM
OK so I want to get the new Keratin Hair treatment. Has anyone ever gotten it? I don't have curly hair put it's gets pretty frizzy especially out here in the Florida heat. I wanted to de-frizz it. I heard it is safe. What do you thinK?

Silken
July 15th, 2012, 08:31 PM
I get the Coppola Keratin Smoothing Treatment regularly. My hair is smooth, zero frizzies, strong, healthy with no dry or split ends. It is fairly high maintenance in the sense that you cannot use any harsh products, nothing with sulfates or salt, ever. It is fairly costly, though I have a deal with my hairstylist: we trade services so it works out.

robanna
July 15th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Keratin treatments are perfectly fine unless you get one with formaldehyde in it. The only con is that they are pretty pricy to keep up with, but if you can afford it, I say go for it!

brave
July 15th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Whatever you do, don't do it at home with the Suave kit. It's basically a light relaxer and people's hair has fallen out. I think they discontinued it but just in case! If you decide to go with a home treatment definitely look up reviews. I'm sure this is needless advice but the horror stories scarred me :(

prettykitty
July 15th, 2012, 09:07 PM
I've thought about these, the idea of pin straight, smooth hair certainly appeals....but I'm terrified of the idea of formaldehyde, so probably not.

jeanniet
July 15th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Actually, from looking at your picture you might well be a curly--3a, anyway, if that's your natural hair. I see spiral curling in there. If you want to do the keratin treatment, be cautious about what's in it.

Silken
July 15th, 2012, 09:32 PM
The Coppola system has no formaldehyde, btw. And the law now requires all the brands who do to label it on their packaging.

cmdinoto
July 16th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Thanks everyone! I went to a good salon and they do not use formaldehyde. It cost $199 and that includes the special keratin shampoo and conditioner and a hair cut. I hope it was worth it but it did seem less expensive than most places. Thanks for your advice. Oh and that picture of me is after an updo for my cousin's wedding. I wish my hair was like that all the time!!! :)

Long_hair_bear
July 16th, 2012, 11:18 AM
http://www.babyfacestore.com/product/pure-protein-hair-treatmentreconstructor-collagen-keratin-repair

This works very well for my hair! I use it once every two months due to the cost. :D

kitcatsmeow
July 16th, 2012, 11:40 AM
RUINED my hair. It seals out moisture to keep it straight and frizzless so it left my hair super dry and breaking.

At the time however I was still bleaching (regrowth only) and using heat. Be advised if you do these things or have already dry hair.

mckenzie
July 16th, 2012, 11:46 AM
http://www.babyfacestore.com/product/pure-protein-hair-treatmentreconstructor-collagen-keratin-repair

This works very well for my hair! I use it once every two months due to the cost. :D

How long have you used it? I'm thinking about doing it, but get nervous when I hear people say it ruined their hair. Also, I read through the babyFace page, and it said it is excellent to use before coloring/highlighting - have you ever tried that?

Long_hair_bear
July 16th, 2012, 11:51 AM
How long have you used it? I'm thinking about doing it, but get nervous when I hear people say it ruined their hair. Also, I read through the babyFace page, and it said it is excellent to use before coloring/highlighting - have you ever tried that?

I've been using it every month once a month since April and love it, though my hair does tend to love protien. No, my last dye job was last October, so I cant answer your last question. I think its well worth the $25 price tag as you only use a teeny amount each time. I might even go to using it once every two months, depending on finances. :)

Oh and this might help :) http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=91161&highlight=babyface

mckenzie
July 16th, 2012, 12:35 PM
I've been using it every month once a month since April and love it, though my hair does tend to love protien. No, my last dye job was last October, so I cant answer your last question. I think its well worth the $25 price tag as you only use a teeny amount each time. I might even go to using it once every two months, depending on finances. :)

Oh and this might help :) http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=91161&highlight=babyface

Thanks a lot! :)