PDA

View Full Version : Ponytail size

Sarahlabyrinth
July 15th, 2012, 06:16 PM
When you measure your ponytail for hairtyping, do you measure around the actual elastic on your hair, or about an inch further down past where your hair emerges from the elastic band?:)

arcane
July 15th, 2012, 06:20 PM
I wrap the measuring tape around my hair without an elastic band. I do it several times and pull it as tight as it will go to get it as accurate as possible.

FrannyG
July 15th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I do it exactly as arcane describes.

Kelikea
July 15th, 2012, 07:09 PM
I pony it, then measure around the pony just under the band, closer to the scalp. I guess my elastic bands aren't super tight...

spidermom
July 15th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I measure right around the elastic. Unless you're using a great big fat scrunchie, it isn't going to make much of a difference.

Hollyfire3
July 15th, 2012, 07:44 PM
I measure right around the elastic. Unless you're using a great big fat scrunchie, it isn't going to make much of a difference.

If I use a normal elastic, I get 5 inches instead of 4.5?:confused:

brave
July 15th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I measure right above the elastic close to the scalp. Sometimes in a last ditch effort to gain extra width I do it on top of my forehead to capture my bangs too. It is beautiful.

Hollyfire3
July 15th, 2012, 09:06 PM
I measure right above the elastic close to the scalp. Sometimes in a last ditch effort to gain extra width I do it on top of my forehead to capture my bangs too. It is beautiful.

lol! I have to do a mid ponytail because my chin length bangs don't quite fit into a low ponytail, but I think they are growing out cause my low ponytail is now nearly the same as my one with the bangs, then again I have gained a 1/4 inch (4.25 now is 4.5 consitently) for soem odd reason (remeber I mentioned that hair product I thought added thickness, well I stopped using the product weeks ago and even clarified a few weeks ago too and the thickness has not left so yay!)

EtherealDoll
July 16th, 2012, 02:47 AM
I measure right around the elastic.

Zesty
July 16th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Like others, I measure just above the elastic, closer to my scalp.

MaryMarx
July 16th, 2012, 03:04 AM
I measure right after the elastic, but guess it would be thicker if if measured towards the scalp... if I'd measure over the elastic it would be a lot thicker...

pink.sara
July 16th, 2012, 04:29 AM
I measure above the elastic and pull it tight, as if I measure over it I get another 1/2 inch.

pepperminttea
July 16th, 2012, 04:36 AM
I measure just below the elastic and pull it as tight as I can. I'd think measuring over the elastic would be inaccurate?

Shiranshoku
July 16th, 2012, 04:37 AM
I wrap a piece of yarn around it above the elastic, keep my fingers pinched and then measure the yarn using a ruler.

jacqueline101
July 16th, 2012, 06:26 AM
I measure around the elastic.

jojo
July 16th, 2012, 05:59 PM
I use an elastic and then pull the elastic forward and measure over my hair near the scalp, I'd think measuring over the elastic would add me up a tad, but you could measure over the elastic if you used some cut up tights to fasten the hair.

How many times did I just write "elastic!" :D