PDA

View Full Version : Hot weather Hair

Patty lou
July 15th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Hi Yall
With this hot weather I alternate between 2 high piggie tails or 2 high up braided buns. Helps to keep my neck cool.

What do you gals do?????????

Patty lou

shutterpillar
July 15th, 2012, 11:28 AM
I throw mine up in a pencil bun most of the time. Every now and then I will braid it to the side.

Zesty
July 15th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Same as in the winter: a LWB or a cinnamon bun. Outside I often wear a dutch braid because I wear a hat to keep the sun off my face.

white.chocolate
July 15th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Anything that's loose, comfortable, takes no time to do, and doesn't rest on the nape of my neck. It's really too hot to bother, seriously. Most of the time, it's up in a braided bun, Celtic knot bun or a log roll.

Yozhik
July 15th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Figure 8s or flipped buns -- keeps it off the neck and out of the way. :)

Kyla
July 15th, 2012, 01:15 PM
A bun held up with amish pins, nearly every single day. :p I would do sticks every day, but there not practical for either of my jobs.

jacqueline101
July 15th, 2012, 01:17 PM
A bun or peacock twist.

Madora
July 15th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Either a loosely braided bun on the top of my head, or a lace French braid around my head. Both are comfortable to sleep in too, so I do have to be bothered preparing my hair for bedtime.

Panth
July 15th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Anything off the neck.

I did hear a suggestion on here last summer to tuck icecubes between one's bun and one's head. Haven't tried that, though.

Bedhead
July 15th, 2012, 02:33 PM
I d a loose braid from the top of my head (lets the air sneak into the scalp if there's even a slight wind. I've been known to sleep in it too, like I did last night, after having it in all day. OR a haigher pencil bun, nice and loose like. Then I don't touch it - touching it seems to bring heat from somewhere or everywhere.

Phalaenopsis
July 15th, 2012, 02:42 PM
2 French braids or Dutch braids

Very comfy and fresh on the neck ^^

spidermom
July 15th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Lately I've been doing a crown braid or wrapped dutch braids, pinning, then wrapping the whole thing with a scarf to keep the braids from sliding and pulling.

Firefly
July 15th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Any ol' updo really. As long as all the hair is off my neck, I stay cool. :cool:

SoulOfTheSea
July 15th, 2012, 03:41 PM
When I'm out, I usually have it in a bun with a fork or a single side braid. Nothing fancy. And if I'm in the house, just a cinnabun with 2 big claw clips. Here in the summer, it gets to over 100, almost 110 degrees Fahrenheit everyday, so I really only wear my hair down at night. For some reason my hair looks better in the dry summer time. :D

Amber_Maiden
July 15th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Top knot. Always.

ChasingRainbows
July 15th, 2012, 04:16 PM
I always just put my hair up in a sock bun or ponytail. I sometimes leave it down since it's only shoulder length and doesn't interfere too much with daily life. :D

akilina
July 15th, 2012, 04:17 PM
I want to shave my head ATM!! I am dying here of heat haha. We just now (literally just now now) hooked up a swamp cooler to our house and I am hoping for some relief :)
I have my hair up in a fork but my bangs and face framing are still killin' me.
Also, I didn't wash my hair today so I feel even grosser. It is days like this I just jump in the shower for a minute or less of solid cold water.

Silken
July 15th, 2012, 04:19 PM
French Twist or messy bun.

ahrph
July 15th, 2012, 04:41 PM
I did a figure 8 all last summer. This summer I'm experimenting with other buns and updos.

Cinnamoon
July 15th, 2012, 10:05 PM
If it's up, it works for me. My go to is a lazy wrap bun, because I can do that with just a hairstick and don't need to mess with hair ties while my hands are sticky.

torrilin
July 16th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Doesn't really change from summer to winter. Lots of single braids, twin braids, and high buns, with knot buns and cinnabun variations being favorites.