PDA

View Full Version : Hip to Tailbone by July 2013

CTH3989
July 15th, 2012, 07:29 AM
:waving: Hello all! I just made it to hip and I'm hoping there are other LHCers whose next goal is tailbone. Let's post progress pics, questions, advice, and tips for other people who are trying to reach their goals! :cheese:

http://i48.tinypic.com/fyfleb.jpg

Zesty
July 15th, 2012, 07:37 AM
I'm at hip and have about 3 inches to go until tailbone, so I'm hoping I'll get there before next July, but my hair is sort of slow-growing, so this is the thread for me. :D In 9 days I'll be home and I'll post a new length picture.

In my hair journey news: My hair seems to be outgrowing many of my nighttime strategies, so I just ordered a sleep cap to protect it at night. :p DBF is less than enthused, but I'm sure I can't look any more ridiculous in a bonnet than I do with my ugly scrunchie topknot.

Also, love your curls, CTH3989, and if those are your abs in your siggy then you look GREAT.

Amber_Maiden
July 15th, 2012, 07:39 AM
I'm in! I think I have quite a bit to go till I reach TBL, but I'll join anyways! Currently at hip now.

sarelis
July 15th, 2012, 07:48 AM
I'll join! I hit hip a couple of months ago then gave myself a much needed trim, so am just barely at hip now. Taking trims into account I should be at good solid tailbone (hopefully with decent ends!) by this time next year :)

ssjhotau2
July 15th, 2012, 08:55 AM
I'm in.

I'm at hip now (have been for a year) and I keep trimming to even up the layers.
Maybe I'll get there by this time next year lol

vrle
July 15th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Good idea, I am in for this one! I have about 15cm to go for a solid TB. I feel like I am stuck at hip for almost a year now, but I have cut twice in the last 11 months. Maybe this thread can keep me away from the scissors... I have only had tailbone length hair once in the past and I can't wait to have it again, only better (healthier) this time! ETA 16/07/2012: I am now at 88 cm.

jojo
July 15th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Oh one for me! I am just at hip now 33" need another inch I think to call myself a full hip and to is 36" on me, with trims I should hopefully get there.

Anybody else keep trapping their hair in their elbow crease when it's down? Another reason to keep it up! :D

CTH3989
July 15th, 2012, 11:52 AM
I'm so glad there are many others with a goal/mini-goal of tailbone length hair!

Also, love your curls, CTH3989, and if those are your abs in your siggy then you look GREAT.

Thank you! I'm actually trying to get my abs back. I fell off the exercising wagon for 2 months and lost a lot of muscle definition and gained 3% body fat.

Amygirl8
July 15th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I'm going to have to join this thread, I just reached hip :]
Although to be honest my goal is BCL, I don't know if there's a difference between that and TBL but if I'm correct my goal is to grow 4 and a half inches.
Combined with trimming, I should reach it in a year.http://i50.tinypic.com/290wocx.jpg

smrider
July 15th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I'm in! I am just at hip now as well and tailbone will probably be my final goal (which is what I said about waist, heh...).

CTH3989
July 16th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I decided to measure my hair and I have approximately 7" to grow to make it to tailbone. I should be there by December 2013.

Vintagecoilylocks
July 17th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Well I am in the waist to TBL thread but I have a final layer that just hit hip and needs some company to BCL then on to TBL. I can say that I am curly at hip with my longest layer.
I use the TC method byTerri Laflesh modified with finger combing only. Due to the heat wave I have increased my washdays to every 3 days. It has really helped keep my hair hydrated. I keep it in twists braids and buns.

I have 51/2 inches to BCL and 71/2 inches to TBL.

I am ready for some full TBL hair, Now for patients.:meditate::pray:
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd465/vintagecoilylocks/nikonpixX1906.jpg

Arkangel
July 17th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Ooh Im in too. Im just above BCL (35 1/4"). TBL is 40" and I hope to make it there early next year (fingers crossed lol)

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh550/Arkangel1125/2012-07-12200112.jpg

annah
July 17th, 2012, 05:51 PM
My next mini-goal is BCL, on the way to TBL(with a final goal length of classic or below). I'm 34" now, which is a bit past my hip, and about 2" shy of BCL.

I trimmed 1/2 inch in June, and won't trim again until I hit classic. Doing S&D for now, to try to clean up some. My last cut was in September of 2010 (to shoulder length), so I am well on my way to having fairy tale ends.

CTH3989
July 17th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Yay! for all of the new members! I'm at 31" and BCL is around 35".

Dragon Faery
July 18th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Well I am in the waist to TBL thread but I have a final layer that just hit hip and needs some company to BCL then on to TBL. I can say that I am curly at hip with my longest layer.
I use the TC method byTerri Laflesh modified with finger combing only. Due to the heat wave I have increased my washdays to every 3 days. It has really helped keep my hair hydrated. I keep it in twists braids and buns.

I just lurk here, but I *had* to peek in and say I LOVE your hair!!! I've not seen it loose before, and the texture is amazing! You obviously take very good care of it. I'm super impressed.
:flower: :cheer: :flower: :cheer: :flower:

spirals
July 18th, 2012, 12:35 AM
I'm not even at waist--2 inches to go straight or 4 inches curly--but by Dec 2013 I should be at butt-crack, which is honestly what I call tailbone. But that's assuming no trims. I do get 3/4" a month, regardless of season.

CTH3989
July 18th, 2012, 07:50 AM

Your hair is gorgeous!

catamonica
July 18th, 2012, 11:45 AM
My hair is at hip. About three more inches and it would be at tailbone. I don't know if it will get
there. Or how long. Just have to wait & see.

CTH3989
July 18th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Is anyone taking any vitamins or supplements? I just picked up Spring Valley Hair, Skin, and Nails plus Biotin with Collagen Support. I'm hoping it clears up my skin more than makes my hair grow.

My hair is at hip. About three more inches and it would be at tailbone. I don't know if it will get
there. Or how long. Just have to wait & see.

Welcome!

Vintagecoilylocks
July 18th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Oh one for me! I am just at hip now 33" need another inch I think to call myself a full hip and to is 36" on me, with trims I should hopefully get there.

Anybody else keep trapping their hair in their elbow crease when it's down? Another reason to keep it up! :D

I only had part of my hair down a week or so ago and it got sucked into a fan. A chunk was pulled right out of my head. :( Now I am leary of leaving the bathroom with it down.

Vintagecoilylocks
July 18th, 2012, 07:13 PM
I just lurk here, but I *had* to peek in and say I LOVE your hair!!! I've not seen it loose before, and the texture is amazing! You obviously take very good care of it. I'm super impressed.
:flower: :cheer: :flower: :cheer: :flower:

Thank you it has been a long journey discovering my real hair and its needs. Yes it is rare it is loose. This was just an annual shot wet just after wash. I keep it in twists or braids then I bun it. Just love the idea of long hair but don't want it down.

Vintagecoilylocks
July 18th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Ooh Im in too. Im just above BCL (35 1/4"). TBL is 40" and I hope to make it there early next year (fingers crossed lol)

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh550/Arkangel1125/2012-07-12200112.jpg

Its going to to be really beautiful at those lengths.

Vintagecoilylocks
July 18th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Your hair is gorgeous!

thankyou. I love the consistency of your texture. It makes for a lovely head of hair.

CTH3989
July 18th, 2012, 07:32 PM
thankyou. I love the consistency of your texture. It makes for a lovely head of hair.

Thank you.

Arkangel
July 18th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Its going to to be really beautiful at those lengths.
Thanks vintagecoilylocks...I just wish it would hurry up lol. From hip to BCL seems to be taking forever (its only been about 4 months though...sigh)

Arkangel
July 18th, 2012, 08:19 PM

Beautiful! I live the curls!!!

Arkangel
July 18th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Oops...love the curls lol

CTH3989
July 30th, 2012, 12:41 PM
How is everyone growing? :)

PinkyCat
July 30th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Oooh I'll join! I just made hip & am on to TB!

Amber_Maiden
July 30th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Just past hip. So pissed that when I got my hair trimmed they took off 4in, instead of the 2in I asked for!!

CTH3989
July 30th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Oooh I'll join! I just made hip & am on to TB!

:cheese: Yay! Welcome!

Just past hip. So pissed that when I got my hair trimmed they took off 4in, instead of the 2in I asked for!!

Eek, sorry that happened to you!

Amber_Maiden
July 30th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Eek, sorry that happened to you!

Ah, I'll live. :p

MrsGuther
July 30th, 2012, 07:05 PM
I'm a little past hip length when my hair is wet. At hip when hair is dry and wavy.

MsBubbles
July 30th, 2012, 08:04 PM
I'm right there with you, MrsG! I'm right at 36" too. But I have a wide and long rear end :rolleyes: so I have a long way to go yet. Probably another 4",

Vintagecoilylocks
August 2nd, 2012, 10:44 AM
I'm a little past hip length when my hair is wet. At hip when hair is dry and wavy.

Your waves and fluffiness makes for such a soft beautiful head of hair.

Vintagecoilylocks
August 2nd, 2012, 10:48 AM
Oops...love the curls lol

Thankyou. I love them too but have to be so gental and keep them in shape to ward off the ssk's and velcro ends.:(

Alva
August 2nd, 2012, 10:50 AM
I'm in! Now at 32 inches, which is hip, hoping to reach tailbone next July or so. I am expecting to be around 36 in January so hopefully 38,5 inches is possible for July 2013 :) I am counting TB as the very tip of my bone, there where it kinda sticks out, where you feel the bone ends. I got an inbetween goal of BCL, at 35,5 inches.

CTH3989
August 13th, 2012, 08:10 PM
How is everyone growing?

MissTulip
August 13th, 2012, 08:22 PM
I'm at top of TB straight and about hip when curly...hoping to be a curly TB by this time next year. I wear my hair down a lot so I do have some damage, but it grows close to an inch a month. If I put it up more, I might just get there :p

Amber_Maiden
August 13th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Very slowly! But I'll get there. I'm at BCL when wet, but then I'm just past hip when dry... *sighs*

Accalia
August 14th, 2012, 06:16 AM
I'm joining you! I did a trim of 1 inch last month. Now i'm at 33 inches, just hip! Although it really doesn't feel like it. Hip seems to be so much longer to me.

Vintagecoilylocks
August 15th, 2012, 08:57 AM
I'm at top of TB straight and about hip when curly...hoping to be a curly TB by this time next year. I wear my hair down a lot so I do have some damage, but it grows close to an inch a month. If I put it up more, I might just get there :p

Pretty, pretty waves and ringlets !!! I too want curly at TB next year. Yours will be lovely.

Alva
August 15th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I'm joining you! I did a trim of 1 inch last month. Now i'm at 33 inches, just hip! Although it really doesn't feel like it. Hip seems to be so much longer to me.

I have the same thing, I don't think hip length differs much in feeling than waist. Not until TB that I find it starts making a difference.

Is it just me or does this stage take really long? The hip to TB journey seems to last foreeeeeeeeeeeveeeeeeeeer to me :rolleyes: Waist to hip seemed to go so much faster. Guess I am a little impatient :p

CTH3989
August 15th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I have the same thing, I don't think hip length differs much in feeling than waist. Not until TB that I find it starts making a difference.

Is it just me or does this stage take really long? The hip to TB journey seems to last foreeeeeeeeeeeveeeeeeeeer to me :rolleyes: Waist to hip seemed to go so much faster. Guess I am a little impatient :p

I agree. It seems to take much longer to grow from hip to TB.

lapushka
August 15th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Joining. Might as well join this thread, as I also joined the classic by December 2013 thread.

CTH3989
August 17th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Joining. Might as well join this thread, as I also joined the classic by December 2013 thread.

Welcome lapushka!

Rufflebutt
August 17th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Me! I'm hip right now. My plan is to maintain until December and then grooooow!

MissCoco
August 17th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Joining in as well! :) I'm currently one inch away from hip length (like my signature says :p) so I'll see if I can make it to TBL by July next year! My ultimate goal might be classic length, so I'll see how tailbone is if I make it there...

gthlvrmx
August 20th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Do i qualify to be in here? I think im close, i have hairs that reach my hip line and my hair is growing steadily and fast right now so im sure ill be at a more solid hip length in a month or 2 moths. But i have like 3-4 inches from hip to BCL so that means i MIGHT reach it in winter. :) Exciting stuff guise. :D Of course i measure when stretched and wet, i only checked when dry that a few hairs reach hip. Maybe when wet im at hip and i didn't notice? :P It has been a month since i really checked and decided i was in a more solid waist XD But i will measure with my shorts like in my avatar, my shorts shows my hip line and i had 2 inches to go (though i think in my avatar it wasnt a straight line O.O) and i think i might really close to my shorts now pull them up to the top of my hips :)

Cherry_Sprinkle
August 20th, 2012, 04:33 PM
I am only doing micro trims and S&D until I can safely say I am at TB/BCL (they are more or less the same on me). But yeah, it does feel like it's taking forever to get past hip!!!

PinkyCat
August 21st, 2012, 06:48 AM
I have 4.5" to go until tailbone curly. That's roughly 9-10 months with trims. *Sigh* Patience is a virtue. :rolleyes:

Becky9679
August 21st, 2012, 06:57 AM
Joining up as I'm *just* at hip now. Judging by the growth rate I usually get I would be very surprised if I don't reach tailbone by July 2013, but then again once I finish the 'No trims in 2012' challenge I may take a bit off my ends so it might take me a bit longer to reach tailbone than I think ;)

Nymphea
August 21st, 2012, 07:24 AM
I'm also in!! :cheer:

I'm at hip now, maybe a half an inch past hip, but I need a 1/2 inch trim anyway, so I guess I'm right at the start position for this topic!

I'm counting the months and inches with you and I hope we'll all be at TBL by July 2013! :D

CTH3989
August 21st, 2012, 10:53 AM
Welcome to all of the newcomers!

gthlvrmx, I think you're just about at hip.

gthlvrmx
August 21st, 2012, 11:05 AM
Welcome to all of the newcomers!

gthlvrmx, I think you're just about at hip.

Yeah i think so too but i cant figure out exactly where my tailbone is. I mean i find the bone but where do you start considering your length TBL? im going by BCL for now :p fancier name.

Alva
August 21st, 2012, 11:23 AM
Yeah i think so too but i cant figure out exactly where my tailbone is. I mean i find the bone but where do you start considering your length TBL? im going by BCL for now :p fancier name.

I always measured BCL as there where the vertical smile starts, so for me about 3 inches under hip, and TB there where the bone ends, about 3 inches more. Some might not agree with this, but I like to have BCL and TB as inbetween goals, else I get frustrated! :p

owlathena
August 21st, 2012, 11:36 AM
I'm almost at hip, hopefully I'll make it to tbl by next July!

CTH3989
September 1st, 2012, 01:18 PM
Welcome owlathena!

DarkSunny
September 1st, 2012, 11:34 PM
I'll join. :)

I think I'm mostly at hip now, with a couple hairs just starting to reach tbl when wet.

Syvelocin
September 2nd, 2012, 12:14 AM
I don't really measure too often but I just recently did so to input current length and I'm at hip to my surprise (I really do need to get a... *gulp* trim... my ends are in quite the state). I think tailbone is where I want to keep it. Just high enough so I don't sit on it, but as long as possible before that point.

CTH3989
September 2nd, 2012, 11:57 AM
I don't really measure too often but I just recently did so to input current length and I'm at hip to my surprise (I really do need to get a... *gulp* trim... my ends are in quite the state). I think tailbone is where I want to keep it. Just high enough so I don't sit on it, but as long as possible before that point.

Welcome! Tailbone length seems like the perfect length. It's not short, but not too long.

CTH3989
September 28th, 2012, 07:22 PM
How is everyone growing? It's been almost a month since the last time anyone posted. I can't believe how quickly my hair is growing and I am really hoping that the rate of growth will continue through the winter.

I have new pictures in my signature, below.

Amber_Maiden
September 29th, 2012, 04:59 AM
I've been ignoring how long my hair is. Haven't measured since February. :D

melusine963
September 29th, 2012, 05:45 AM
I only have about an inch (maybe two) left to go before TB, so I'll definitely join this thread. Hopefully by July 2013 I'll not only have TB length hair, but also a thicker hemline from maintaining at TB for the foreseeable future.

bunzfan
September 29th, 2012, 08:13 AM
I need some inspiration to stop me from trimming when i'm so near to hip about a inch away- i think what happens is i get frustrated that i'm still at waist so trim a bit.

rosance
September 29th, 2012, 12:30 PM
My longest layer should be for sure tailbone by July 2003. I am about 5 inches away from it. My shortest layers, on the other hand, may end up probably mid back length by that time :rolleyes:

MimiKeki
November 14th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I'm in! :)
I got to tailbone last january, but had a much-needed trim to thicken-up my ends.. at the time, i wished i hadn't taken so much off, but i realize now how much i benefited from it.
I'm exactly at hip now, and i think I'm experiencing a little growth-spurt (touch-wood!), so i think it's a reasonable goal for me to set for next summer !

constancev18
November 19th, 2012, 11:37 AM
In June some of my hair was grazing HL so I'm optimistic I can make it to TBL by 7/2013. I plan to trim but I'm not sure when. I'll probably maintain at TBL until most of my layers are there before moving onto CL-the shortest bit is at WL while the longest strands are at TBL. The majority of my hair is just about at HL.

Shell
November 19th, 2012, 03:24 PM
I'm about at hip now, with around 2 inches 'til tailbone. I should make it before July 2013, or at least I hope so! This will be my second time at tailbone; I've made to three inches past classic. I then cut to above apl (dramatic hair loss). It's taken me about three years to reach hip, so that's not too bad. I had to cut out a bad hair cut along the way.

I am currently flirting with cones again, which is how I made it to tailbone last time. They are making my hair behave so much better, and so far no build up. I'm keeping an eye on things though.

PinkyCat
November 20th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Well. I've accepted the fact that I'll not make it to TB by my wedding day (Valentine's Day:crush:), but I've realized that my hair has an infatic dislike for any form of protein, so I can avoid that dryness/itch to trim. Maybe I can get a good inch by then though.

constancev18
November 20th, 2012, 12:14 PM
@PinkyCat, do you mean unstretched tbl because you look like you're already there now stretched.

Vintagecoilylocks
November 20th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I need some inspiration to stop me from trimming when i'm so near to hip about a inch away- i think what happens is i get frustrated that i'm still at waist so trim a bit.

You have such pretty hair. It will be awsome at TBL and longer. So be patient and it will get through this stall.

Now for an update

I have had a little bit of progress. My very top layer and front sides have more than a few hairs past hip. So a goal of TBL for those areas by July is still on track. I am also in a Classic by 2013 for the middle layers. My bottom layer in rear is touching Classic. I hope that means the rest of my hair will reach Classic at least. Having the nape longer than the crown is frustrating but I don't want to maintain until the nape reaches FTP which is 7 inches beyond Classic on me.

Vintagecoilylocks
November 20th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Well. I've accepted the fact that I'll not make it to TB by my wedding day (Valentine's Day:crush:), but I've realized that my hair has an infatic dislike for any form of protein, so I can avoid that dryness/itch to trim. Maybe I can get a good inch by then though.

Your hair is comming along nicely. Congrats on the wedding.

PinkyCat
November 20th, 2012, 02:18 PM
@PinkyCat, do you mean unstretched tbl because you look like you're already there now stretched.

Yes, I always mean unstretched - it's about butt crack length stretched - my tailbone is about where the bottom of my blue shirt is. It seems more visually acurate to me to call my length at where it is while curly - and there's a lot of real estate there to grow over. :)

Your hair is comming along nicely. Congrats on the wedding.

Thanks Vintage! I'm so excited!

Mononoke
November 20th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I'm in!
I'm currently at hip, and I have quite a lot to my tailbone, but that's probably going to be my final goal (for the near future). I'll post a picture later :)

Becky9679
November 21st, 2012, 09:06 AM
Here's my most recent length photo. My fingers show where TBL is on me. It looks like I have a way to go but July 2013 should be possible!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/75358436/9)%20November%202012.jpg

AceOfCurls
November 22nd, 2012, 09:23 AM
I'm about 3 inches away from a solid TB, which is about 6 months away for me. Hopefully, I'll reach TB by the time I graduate from school. Although I do plan to trim in January and I'm not sure how much of a set back that will be. I really can't wait to finally reach my goal hair length and only have to worry about maintaining a thick hemline.

Amber_Maiden
November 22nd, 2012, 09:33 AM
I'm a couple of inches away from solid TB length now... But my real goal is having hip bone/pelvic bone length hair in the front...

CTH3989
November 23rd, 2012, 11:24 AM
Less than 8 months until July, how is everyone growing?

I feel like I've stalled a little. Hopefully, the growth picks up again. I've decided not to stretch my curls until July 15, 2013 to check my length. I'm going to focus on what my length looks like un-stretched.

bunzfan
November 23rd, 2012, 12:15 PM
Well as i'm only about a inch away from hip again! (hairdresser cut to much:mad:) i think this is the thread for me :) TB is about 2 inches from hip if that i'm very short at 5ft 2:p

gthlvrmx
November 23rd, 2012, 01:42 PM
I have around 3-4 inches left till i reach BCL so 5-6 inches till the end of my tailbone. It wont be too long from now, probably sometime in summer i will reach the end of tailbone but im not counting im so confused with my hair growth XD I believed it has grown slower this year but then i got fast growth of out nowhere, maybe its a growth spurt :p

dulce
November 23rd, 2012, 02:58 PM
Am at hip I think, and trying for tailbone if the ends don't thin out too much,will probably stay at tailbone,if I get there, and not go longer.

lapushka
November 23rd, 2012, 04:13 PM
3 inches to TBL, yep! :D

Billycourty
November 24th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Yipes, i posted in the TBL to classic thread, but now I am thinking maybe I belong here.

What do you guys think? No matter what I still have a long way until classic!

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq150/billycourty/IMG_0057.jpg

CTH3989
November 24th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Hi Billycourty, it looks to me like you're past hip and approaching BCL.

CTH3989
November 24th, 2012, 09:16 AM
3 inches to TBL, yep! :D

Yay! Not much longer!!

Amygirl8
November 24th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Been so long since I popped in on this thread lol.
I think I'm due for a length shot? I trimmed off half an inch a few days ago, but the growth these last few months has been pretty solid. I'm about an inch from BCL

lapushka
November 24th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Yipes, i posted in the TBL to classic thread, but now I am thinking maybe I belong here.

What do you guys think? No matter what I still have a long way until classic!

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq150/billycourty/IMG_0057.jpg

I agree. Looks like you're approaching or are about at BCL. Not far away from TBL.

Yay! Not much longer!!

I know, I know! :D Great feeling to know it's not that much longer. Yay! :cheer:

Billycourty
November 25th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Hi everyone, I agree and after much study of the TBL- BCL situation, I think I belong here and should deffinatly be a solid TBL by July 2013!

Amygirl8
November 26th, 2012, 03:27 PM
New length shot:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=383&d=1353968585

The shirt ends at BCL.
I'm a little unhappy with how thin the ends are getting. The top looks so shiny compared to the last half foot of hair or so, since that's all still fried hair :P
I'm really contemplating a trim back to hip or even waist, just to get the ends thick, but I'm not sure whether to do that or to get to BCL in about two months time and then start maintaining.
Thoughts?
The ends don't have any split ends, but there's a lot on the length waist-down. I'm S&Ding them as best as I can to control the movement upwards, but it's just making the ends even thinner :P

ETA: I sat there sulking at the photo, then decided to just trim. >.<

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=388&d=1353970037
I accidentally cut a little more than I wanted to because I made a small mistake when making sure the length was even, so I think this is back at hip.
Oh well. at least the ends look much much much better lol.

Avital88
November 27th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Hey all, i have around 5inches to go until i am back to tailbone..that is possible in 8months With Some trims in between. My hair has à tendency to grow into à V and i prefer an U ,so need more trimming this time around. Just hope the bleachdamage Will behave and not cause any more breakage and splits. My hair is quite damaged at the moment,but the hemline is straighter than ever so it looks better but Looking at it close shows dozen of splits. Im microtrimming and thinking of ordering Some red rajastani to strengten my hair. Happy growing to all

Accalia
November 27th, 2012, 07:08 AM
ETA: I sat there sulking at the photo, then decided to just trim. >.<

Sulking at less happy ends is no fun :(
The result is beautiful! :D

Some red rajastani to strengten my hair.
I had to look that up... Why specific the rajastani if i may ask?

Avital88
November 28th, 2012, 07:09 AM
I had to look that up... Why specific the rajastani if i may ask?

Because i heard that its a henna that comes out as a darker red, so i chose Rajastani based on color.
But i like henna for strengthen in general.:-) You have beautiful hair by the way!

I also wanted to post a picture that shows how far im off from tailbone, its a weird quality picture but it works ,the bleach damage is really visible though.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me7a26rPVV1qhdhwjo1_500.jpg

jojo
January 9th, 2013, 08:52 PM
I spend most of 2012 trimming from hip to waist to egt rid of thinning ends due to thyroid and anaemia problems, my last trim was in October which took me back to just above waist, i am now just....and i mean just touching hip again. My next trim is due in April which by then i "should" just be half inch short of a full hip. My next mini goal after this is bc length and then onto tb.
Bunzfan tb you say is 2" off hip, so where does BC length come? Im finding it hard to visulise a tb just 2" off hip, tb on most people is approx half way down the bum, not wanting to sound picky or anything :)

jojo
January 9th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Because i heard that its a henna that comes out as a darker red, so i chose Rajastani based on color.
But i like henna for strengthen in general.:-) You have beautiful hair by the way!

I also wanted to post a picture that shows how far im off from tailbone, its a weird quality picture but it works ,the bleach damage is really visible though.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me7a26rPVV1qhdhwjo1_500.jpg
OMG! Your hair is looking beautiful, your ends have really thickened up lovely.

gracenotes
January 9th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Alright, this seems really do-able for me! I have three inches left until TBL. I'll see if I can get a length shot up soon :)

bunzfan
January 10th, 2013, 03:33 AM
I spend most of 2012 trimming from hip to waist to egt rid of thinning ends due to thyroid and anaemia problems, my last trim was in October which took me back to just above waist, i am now just....and i mean just touching hip again. My next trim is due in April which by then i "should" just be half inch short of a full hip. My next mini goal after this is bc length and then onto tb.
Bunzfan tb you say is 2" off hip, so where does BC length come? Im finding it hard to visulise a tb just 2" off hip, tb on most people is approx half way down the bum, not wanting to sound picky or anything :)

I think now i've really thought about it that what i though was TB was possibly BCL :lol: i think true TB is maybe 4 inches.

melusine963
January 10th, 2013, 04:05 AM
I think now i've really thought about it that what i though was TB was possibly BCL :lol: i think true TB is maybe 4 inches.

I used to think the exact same thing! I'm definitely past BCL, but I have an inch or two to go before I hit TBL proper.

sarelis
January 10th, 2013, 05:13 AM
I just made a thread with pics of my progress over the last year, and today's pic puts me closer to TBL than I thought *squee!* so I'm posting it here too! :P
http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss241/sarelis_photos/jan13lengthshot_zps0fc7a722.jpg
Yeah, I'm struggling to resize pics on photobucket atm, sorry bout that. TBL on me is just below my belt loop :D

Vintagecoilylocks
January 10th, 2013, 06:26 AM

I was in the same boat. Then I found a sight that showed TBL. If you sit on a flat surface and your hair touches its TBL. BCL would be about 2-3 inches higher.

Khristopher
January 10th, 2013, 10:56 PM
I belong here!
At first I was reading the Tailbone to classic thead but I'm no way near tailbone! ;) Hair is right at hip but it doesn't feel any longer/different than waist. My goal is classic so I have a lot to grow! I'm short tho, my hair grew from a bob to hip in 3 years so I think this year classic will come <3

jojo
January 10th, 2013, 11:49 PM

I used to think the exact same thing! I'm definitely past BCL, but I have an inch or two to go before I hit TBL proper.
Its a common mistake, like waist a lot think of hip as waist, theres normally a 3-5" difference between bcl and tb in most people, should be the shortest mini goal to get to! 3" for me

dulce
January 11th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Bunzfan,I also thought that that about tailbone and realize now I am no where near it but am getting close to BCl,which I originally ,thought was tailbone,darn!

CTH3989
January 13th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Just popping in to say hi and see how everyone is growing. I have been neglecting my hair and it's in need of a good wash. I will not be checking length until July. How is everyone doing? Any new growth tips?

Falcore
January 13th, 2013, 05:02 PM
I'll jump in this thread, though I think I'll more likely make tailbone by Oct/Nov. I'm estimating I have about 4/12 - 5 inches to go. It's exciting because I'll finally be the length I was before I ruined my hair with bleach and heat. I do have more damage to cut out, but I've been cutting that out since I came to LHC.

Happy growing everyone. Fingers crossed we'll all make it by July!

Vintagecoilylocks
January 14th, 2013, 03:58 PM
I am hoping my second layer is there by JUly. My canopy should be close but does not seem like its going to make TBL by July. It will probably only be at BCL.

Shoga
January 15th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Oooo I'm joining in!! I'm at about hip right now and my goal is to be at TB by summer time anyway. I need moral support while giving up my itching to trim!!

vrle
January 17th, 2013, 04:39 PM
I am just reaching BCL now. With a lot of luck and no trims I might be able to make it to TB by July. It's kind of sad, but I am not that excited about the length anymore :-O

Vintagecoilylocks
March 20th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Hi ladies

just checking in. The late winter has been good to me. Gained an inch in all area's except my little square at the top of the back of my head:taz:
This is the area that was always so short, dry and broke. My standard inverted v shape is slowly disappearing. The lower levels seem to be recoverying faster. My middle center rear was always shorter and more damged. Its been a long slow recovery after I finally changed some things in my care. Not til that section is long will I really enjoy my long hair. Good news is that all areas even my fringe has shown alot of new growth from the shed. I have crazy shape braids but thats OK. Still lots of little ends running down the length but that means that thickness is moving down.:cheese: Since I have been plagued with layers for years it is nice to see them finally moving beyond the old stalls. Put my self on a no measure challenge till May. Hope to see another inch progress. That would mean a new milestone of a length I have never had.

Happy growing ladies.

lapushka
March 20th, 2013, 10:21 AM
We just checked yesterday, and I'm an inch away from TBL right now. Yay. :cheer:

bunzfan
March 20th, 2013, 10:50 AM
We just checked yesterday, and I'm an inch away from TBL right now. Yay. :cheer:

How exciting! i'm hoping i may get to TB by my 3 year anniversary in August :D

lapushka
March 20th, 2013, 12:28 PM
How exciting! i'm hoping i may get to TB by my 3 year anniversary in August :D

Thanks so much. :)
That would be great if you would get there in time! I hope so!

Accalia
March 21st, 2013, 07:28 AM

Nice! Congrats! Did you pass bcl already? So quick yeey!

lapushka
March 21st, 2013, 08:49 AM
Nice! Congrats! Did you pass bcl already? So quick yeey!

Nope, but getting there. :D

Vintagecoilylocks
March 21st, 2013, 10:21 AM
Nope, but getting there. :D

I believe BCL comes before TBL. On average BCL is 3-4 inches above TBL.

Lalital
March 22nd, 2013, 01:42 AM
I'm past hip creeping towards TBL - hopefully by the end of july I will be very close :thumbsup:

CTH3989
April 11th, 2013, 11:42 AM
3 Months to go! How is everyone growing?

I think my hair has stalled. I haven't stretched my hair much, but the one time that I did recently, my hair was still at hip length. I don't think I'm going to hit my goal.

Vintagecoilylocks
April 15th, 2013, 04:28 PM
3 Months to go! How is everyone growing?

I think my hair has stalled. I haven't stretched my hair much, but the one time that I did recently, my hair was still at hip length. I don't think I'm going to hit my goal.

Yes, it will do that, then all of a sudden its moved.

CTH3989
May 13th, 2013, 12:32 PM
I'm just realizing that BCL and Tailbone length is different and I am so close to reaching BCL and so far away from Tailbone. :(

lapushka
May 13th, 2013, 12:55 PM
I had my hair trimmed back to hip, so July this year is a little soon for TBL for me. Oh well, back to growing, I guess. :D

chen bao jun
May 13th, 2013, 02:43 PM
I'm just realizing that BCL and Tailbone length is different and I am so close to reaching BCL and so far away from Tailbone. :(
Maybe you'll make tailbone by December. And your hair is truly lovely.

Vintagecoilylocks
May 15th, 2013, 08:31 PM
My goal was for my second layer to reach tailbone by July. Well i think i will make it. My second layer is 1/2 in. from tailbone. Good news also is that my crown in the rear has had a growth spurt and it is 2 inches from tailbone. Now i still have that small section right at the top of my head in the rear about a one and a half inch square that is only three past waist and the front sides and fringe that has all past waist to work on getting to tailbone. So I am still in the waist to TBL thread. My longest layer is a bit lopsided ranging from Classic to 2 inches past Classic.

Vintagecoilylocks
May 19th, 2013, 07:42 AM
I watched the Mists of Avalon yesterday for some inspirational hair shots.

CTH3989
May 21st, 2013, 02:08 PM

Thank you. I hope I do see tailbone by the end of the year.

CTH3989
May 21st, 2013, 02:39 PM

Thank you. I hope I do see tailbone by the end of the year.

goldloli
May 21st, 2013, 05:06 PM
I was having tremendous full capacity growth and might just have been brushing tbl except my scalp got sunburnt for the first time ever and i seem to have hit a stall because of it shudder: Guess that's what happens when you're pale redhead who goes to a sunny country after 7 solid months of british winter, usually i do a few short exposure sessions on tanning beds so i dont burn horrifically and end up in hospital. Man even in my garden for 1 hour i burnt all my shoulder, then a trip to alton towers this weekend burnt all my back and reburnt my scalp parting.

this is totes not good, i see skin cancer in my future, especially with impending move to texas in a few months.

PinkyCat
May 25th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Raaaaar! SO CLOSE!!

Hubby just measured me at 39" and TB on me is 40"!

Looks like I'll be there closer to mid July-ish. Pretty stoked to be only an inch away from goal!

gthlvrmx
May 28th, 2013, 06:59 PM
IVE MADE ITTT IVE MADE ITT TO BUTTCRACKK!! FINALLY WOOT WOOTT!!!!!! YESHHH! ill probably be close to classic by the end of the year. if i really take care of it and oil it and shizz itll reach classic/thighs for sure when stretched! ;D YES YES YES!
ill take a foto when summer starts for my summer foto XD for my photo log its only fair XD i dont wanna be taking so many fotos until later :P BUT YEAHH WOOOT WOOTTTT FINALLY!! it took a while XD

it got slower i had surgery in december again so yeah! i lost a lot of HAIRRR and from the medicationn and especially my longer hairs :( it stalled like for 2 months and then it got kicked back for a while and the heat is lovely hair! my hair grows faster in the heat :P <33 UGH FINALLY! dreams are coming true! :)

PinkyCat
May 31st, 2013, 07:36 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4673&d=1370006910

Coolcombination
May 31st, 2013, 05:21 PM
Pinkycat I've got to tell u, ur caption about dangling ankles freaks the hell outta me!

Vintagecoilylocks
June 2nd, 2013, 07:13 PM
Pinky Cat your hair is looking great. You still have your curls at this length. It will be gorgeous at TBL and longer.

PinkyCat
June 3rd, 2013, 07:58 AM
Thanks VCL! You can see how baby fine it is in this photo - I'm happy that there seems to be more weight to it now, but it still curls up nicely.

Coolcombination - LOL - If I ever did get a hold of those ankles I'd probably only end up painting your toenails - so, not so scary!

Coolcombination
June 3rd, 2013, 04:08 PM
That was my biggest fear as a kid! If I got up in the middle of the night I would take a running leap from my door to my bed :run::demon:

CTH3989
June 29th, 2013, 02:54 PM
I was having tremendous full capacity growth and might just have been brushing tbl except my scalp got sunburnt for the first time ever and i seem to have hit a stall because of it shudder: Guess that's what happens when you're pale redhead who goes to a sunny country after 7 solid months of british winter, usually i do a few short exposure sessions on tanning beds so i dont burn horrifically and end up in hospital. Man even in my garden for 1 hour i burnt all my shoulder, then a trip to alton towers this weekend burnt all my back and reburnt my scalp parting.

this is totes not good, i see skin cancer in my future, especially with impending move to texas in a few months.

Oh gosh. I hope you healed quickly.

Raaaaar! SO CLOSE!!

Hubby just measured me at 39" and TB on me is 40"!

Looks like I'll be there closer to mid July-ish. Pretty stoked to be only an inch away from goal!

Eeek! So exciting!

IVE MADE ITTT IVE MADE ITT TO BUTTCRACKK!! FINALLY WOOT WOOTT!!!!!! YESHHH! ill probably be close to classic by the end of the year. if i really take care of it and oil it and shizz itll reach classic/thighs for sure when stretched! ;D YES YES YES!
ill take a foto when summer starts for my summer foto XD for my photo log its only fair XD i dont wanna be taking so many fotos until later :P BUT YEAHH WOOOT WOOTTTT FINALLY!! it took a while XD

it got slower i had surgery in december again so yeah! i lost a lot of HAIRRR and from the medicationn and especially my longer hairs :( it stalled like for 2 months and then it got kicked back for a while and the heat is lovely hair! my hair grows faster in the heat :P <33 UGH FINALLY! dreams are coming true! :)

Congratulations!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4673&d=1370006910

Gorgeous picture!

It looks like I will definitely make butt crack length by the end of July. I am so excited and can't wait to take final pictures.

Hairitic
June 30th, 2013, 08:53 AM
YAY CTH! ;) Great growing and Congratulations. I'm on my way and should be at BCL by the end of Aug. Hoping for TB by years end :pray:
Will ask buddy to take pics, perhaps after hair dries from washing today. ;)

CTH3989
July 4th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Thank you! I can't wait to see pictures of your hair!

Hairitic
July 5th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Here's my "Can I Call This BCL When Wet?" Length shot:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7317/9176169769_e127078eb8.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/36509609@N08/9176169769/)

Vintagecoilylocks
July 5th, 2013, 08:56 AM
My rear middle and side crown are in the scraping tbl and 1 1/3 in ch from TbL. The one layer should be there by the end of JUly. Yay! The real joy will be when all my layers past TBL. But for now one layer at a time.

CTH3989
July 5th, 2013, 12:14 PM
How exciting! I would love to see pictures.

PinkyCat
July 13th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Well I made it! 40" solid.
So technically I'm at TB - but I'be been using a conditioner that makes my hair curl up more, so visually it's a bit shorter.I'm going to microtrim & maintain here until January - then on to classic!!

Accalia
July 14th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Congrats PinkyCat !

CTH3989
July 15th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Congratulations PinkyCat!

Today is officially one year since I started this thread. I will be checking in with a picture update this evening!

CTH3989
July 15th, 2013, 11:10 PM
New length pics!
http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t497/ChelWren/11%20My%20Seventh%20Year%20Natural/1373950704482_zps4d07eeac.jpg

The towel is at BCL.
http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t497/ChelWren/11%20My%20Seventh%20Year%20Natural/2013-07-15_23-48-25_547_zps4fb8aebe.jpg
http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t497/ChelWren/11%20My%20Seventh%20Year%20Natural/2013-07-15_23-48-08_836_zps8f67d392.jpg

Hairitic
July 16th, 2013, 09:14 AM
CTH3989 Your hair is Gorgeous! I'd love to see a pic of you not pulling it so it's in it's natural state. CONGRATS on great length!

CTH3989
July 16th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Thank you! As you wish! :D

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t497/ChelWren/11%20My%20Seventh%20Year%20Natural/2013-07-16_00-05-52_252_zpsc17b32ab.jpg
http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t497/ChelWren/11%20My%20Seventh%20Year%20Natural/2013-07-16_00-03-27_932_zps706581d9.jpg

Vintagecoilylocks
July 16th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Well I made it! 40" solid.
So technically I'm at TB - but I'be been using a conditioner that makes my hair curl up more, so visually it's a bit shorter.I'm going to microtrim & maintain here until January - then on to classic!!

Congrats Pinky Cat. It is different trying to appreciate our length with the curls but that's the life of a curlie.

Vintagecoilylocks
July 16th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Congrats CTH3989,

Its slow but you are getting there. I joined this thread hoping to get my rear section of middle layer to TBL. Its at TBL now. So happy. ALso to my delight my crown rear layer had a growth spurt and is grazing TBL with some hair beyond. It caught up to that middle layer. Very happy. My longest layer is 2 inches below Classic, so I have a long way to go for the other layers to catch up.

Hairitic
July 17th, 2013, 05:41 PM
You and your hair are truly beautiful!

Thank you! As you wish! :D

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t497/ChelWren/11%20My%20Seventh%20Year%20Natural/2013-07-16_00-05-52_252_zpsc17b32ab.jpg
http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t497/ChelWren/11%20My%20Seventh%20Year%20Natural/2013-07-16_00-03-27_932_zps706581d9.jpg

Falcore
July 17th, 2013, 09:51 PM
CTH3989 you have such AMAZING hair!

As for me; I'm going to bow out gracefully from this thread. I am thinking (and hoping) I will have tailbone by the end of the year though!

CTH3989
August 4th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Thank you all for the compliments. Best of luck on growing!