PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get horribly bent ends from rolled sock buns?

hototogisu
July 15th, 2012, 02:12 AM
As a thin haired person, I want to love the sock bun, but whenever I do one I get horrible, horrible bent ends instead of lovely curls. Does this happen to anyone else?

Sundial
July 15th, 2012, 02:34 AM
I always get bent ends no matter how careful I am at rolling. I've given it a few tries with both wet and dry hair, and the results were all the same so I've given up on sock buns.

GoblinTart
July 15th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Me too. I will never have those beautiful sock bun curls either.

Amber_Maiden
July 15th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Yes! And in regular buns as well. I don't like it.

jojo
July 15th, 2012, 06:21 AM
I used to but now as I get to the very end of rolling, I twist the last 3 or 4 inches and no more bent ends, try it works great!

FrannyG
July 15th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Do you mean the sock bun where you roll all of the hair into the sock, i.e. Loepsie's bun? I can't even do it, no matter how many times I've tried. Sadly, even though this klutz has been know to do some intricate braiding, I can't even roll my hair into the dang sock. :p

white.chocolate
July 15th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Not just sock buns. The seashell bun and updos involving microbraids and wrapped around. There are probably more, but I can't think of them right now. It's scary. I try to be more gentle with my hair, and not tie the elastics (whatever kind of elastic they are) too tight. I don't want to braid too tight, and I'm trying not to each time.