PDA

View Full Version : You might have thick hair if

spirals
July 15th, 2012, 12:47 AM
--Even at APL your head jerks back from the water weight when you wet it down in the shower.
--You use 1/5 bottle conditioner every wash.
--Your ponytailers are 1/4 inch thick.
--A massive shed doesn't really bother you.
--There is more hair on the bathroom floor than dust.
--You gave yourself fairytale ends on purpose.
:D

meishkamooshka
July 15th, 2012, 12:53 AM
You break the ponytail holders with "mega hold" for "super thick hair".....on a regular basis!

tiarefleur
July 15th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Updos give you a headache!

meishkamooshka
July 15th, 2012, 01:11 AM
The thought of 1 inch sections makes you laugh...maybe that's just me...

DragonLady
July 15th, 2012, 01:21 AM
lol

I wish I had your problems!

sunshine-locks
July 15th, 2012, 01:23 AM
I wouldn't mind those problems either :o People always ask to touch my hair, and then comment on how thin it is -.- and when I become old, I'll most likely be balding!

Phalaenopsis
July 15th, 2012, 01:30 AM
-when your doctor doesn't believe you that you've been shedding crazy amounts, since it's still quite thick

drquartz1970
July 15th, 2012, 04:19 AM
- your hair is 26 inches long and you still cannot get it to stay in a bun

Amber_Maiden
July 15th, 2012, 05:02 AM
- When you have to use TWO or more Large Ficcares.
- When you use hairsticks that are over 7-8in long, because they are the only ones that work in your hair.
- When you have to condition your hair TWICE with large handfuls of conditioner- just to make sure you it all through your hair.
- When you have a TT through of hair and it doesn't really bother you.
- When you get a tangle you can't comb out/are so frustrated with, and just cut it out, and no one notices any difference in your hair- AND neither do you.

Zesty
July 15th, 2012, 06:16 AM
When it seems impossible to actually get your scalp wet in the shower...

MissCoco
July 15th, 2012, 07:00 AM
When S&D takes an hour minimum to finish, just so that you see every single little hair end.
When air-drying your hair takes over four hours
When damp-bunning takes over a day (or night)
When making a simply updo like a ponytail is like fighting an epic battle :D

Hmm, I'll come back when I think of more :p Haha, funny thread! :D

ravenheather
July 15th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Love this thread. It's great to see that the grass is not always greener. I will never have most of these problems, although to be honest I'd like to try.

meteor
July 15th, 2012, 08:32 AM
- When you break at least one hairstick per month.
- When there are parts of your scalp which you can't even get while shampooing (strangely those little parts show the healthiest hair :rolleyes: ).
- When you must clean the shower after every wash due to extreme blockage with shed hair.

brave
July 15th, 2012, 08:39 AM
When you're almost BSL and your lazy twist bun consists of half a twist and a prayer.

lacefrost
July 15th, 2012, 08:42 AM
- When you must clean the shower after every wash due to extreme blockage with shed hair.

This. So this. It's super gross.

-When your hair is waist length and you STILL can't do a cinnabun.

meteor
July 15th, 2012, 08:53 AM
When you're almost BSL and your lazy twist bun consists of half a twist and a prayer.
:) Wow, I wish I were able to do even half a lazy twist bun.
I pray I'll be able to do that at waist length!

Xandergrammy
July 15th, 2012, 09:25 AM
You might have thick hair if you wonder whatever happened to that other bobby pin, only to find it when you comb out your hair the next day. :gabigrin:

meishkamooshka
July 15th, 2012, 09:52 AM
You might have thick hair if:

-You sit there trying to saturate your hair with a spray bottle for what feels like an eternity.
-You have to divide your hair in two for most hair projects (brushing, washing, etc.)
-When you get done braiding, it feels like you've done an intense arm workout.
-When your hands have increasing difficulty holding the sections when you braid.
-You discover randomly in a store or out and about that your ponytail holder has been pushed out by your ever expanding mass of hair.

brave
July 15th, 2012, 10:26 AM
:) Wow, I wish I were able to do even half a lazy twist bun.
I pray I'll be able to do that at waist length!

The prayer is essential to the whole thing. Also hair that sticks to itself happily. Also layers. And a hairstick imbued with mystical powers (look under the magic section on etsy).

chou
July 15th, 2012, 10:45 AM
If the hair at the hollow at the base of your skull is best described as a "thicket" and never, ever gets truly clean despite multiple attempts at shampooing.
When the hair you shed in the shower forms big clumps with tails of hair trailing off and you suspect that in the night they become sentient and crawl around the bathroom like mice (maybe I'm alone in picturing this horror).
If you know you won't be able to the updos finer haired people do at shorter lengths for a very, very long time :(

When I was little my aunt noted that while my cousin, who was the same age as me, had very fine hair while mine was very thick. I got so upset and probably cried because the word "fine" sounds so much better to a five year than "thick." I love my thick hair now, though.

earthnut
July 15th, 2012, 10:52 AM
I use a ton of conditioner (and leave a lot in) but my hair isn't that thick. It's very porous though. :) Long drying times too. :P

And shedding hair? Oh yeah. :P

Kaelee
July 15th, 2012, 10:54 AM
I don't have most of these problems but...

When banana clips come open at the wrong end when you try to close them around your hair.

pink.sara
July 15th, 2012, 11:55 AM
- your hair is 26 inches long and you still cannot get it to stay in a bun

THIS!

26 inches and I can just about do a Cinnabun...with a pony base.... And 4 large spin pins. :rolleyes:

jeanniet
July 15th, 2012, 12:01 PM
You realize you'll have to grow to classic to even attempt some of those great buns on youtube. It's one of the major frustrations of my life. I still cannot do a real figure 8 bun.

I don't have a whole lot of hair clogging up the shower, though. I detangle and comb out shed hairs very thoroughly beforehand, and that helps a lot. I also dilute my shampoo because otherwise there's no way for it to get all the way to my scalp. Haven't broken a hair stick yet!

Shepherdess
July 15th, 2012, 01:03 PM
You might have thick hair if you wonder whatever happened to that other bobby pin, only to find it when you comb out your hair the next day. :gabigrin:

Bwha ha ha! ! ! ! :D This is me exactly! ! ! ! ! >.<

Shepherdess
July 15th, 2012, 01:04 PM
You know you have thick hair when you braid it and it pulls the length up 4-6 inches so it looks a lot shorter.

mzBANGBANG
July 15th, 2012, 01:08 PM
You know you have thick hair if you start to get sleepy half-way through putting your hair in overnight foam rollers.

brave
July 15th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Forgot this one: when hairdressers call your hair "heavy" and you're not sure how to take it.

camara
July 15th, 2012, 01:45 PM
You might have thick hair if it destroys BBBs regularly, cheap and expensive alike.
...if your braid is thicker than your wrist.
...if you can use hairtoys intended for all of one's hair only for tiny strands.
...if you use two large Ficcares to hold a low ponytail.
...if you get impatient during detangling and just rip through your hair, which breaks the comb, then you grab your brush and continue ripping through your hair, which breaks the brush handle.

sugarpixie10988
July 15th, 2012, 01:48 PM
When rinsing is by far the longest part of your shower.

Elanadi
July 15th, 2012, 01:51 PM
:laugh: I cannot relate so a single one of these points, and suddenly I'm not feeling SO bad about my thin hair. :laugh:

arcane
July 15th, 2012, 01:52 PM
When you routinely have to get back into the shower because despite rinsing forever you still have lots if conditioner in your hair.

SelkieSkjald
July 15th, 2012, 03:34 PM
When it takes two ponytail elastics and eight bobby pins to keep a bun in. (My hair is almost APL and I still can't use hairsticks.)

When you bobby pin a halo around your ponytail just so you hair won't wiggle out of it from it's own weight.

When you have a massive shed and still qualify as a iii.

ahrph
July 15th, 2012, 03:42 PM
When the cute barrettes other people use for ponytails won't even hold half of your hair.
When you bend barretts intentionally to try to get it to hold enough hair to just pull it back from your face.

ahrph
July 15th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Oh, and when you have to clean your brush out every time you use it.
When you have to use the scissors to clean your brush out.

auburntressed
July 15th, 2012, 03:45 PM
When someone else complains about their "thick" hair, and you just shake your head, knowingly.

MissManda
July 15th, 2012, 04:11 PM
... When you're trimming your hair and your expensive hair shears have trouble getting through the ends of your hair because they're so thick AND that is after you have sectioned them into eighths. :rolleyes:
... When shampooing your hair makes your arms ache.
... When the hairdresser glares at you when they have to go make more batch(es) of hair dye/highlights solution/perm goop.
... When you do a tiny trim on your own hair and someone walks in on you and freaks out because they insist that you've cut tons and tons of hair off when you've only taken off 0.5" maximum.
... Upon seeing how much hair you shed, people ask if you're going bald, but you know it's a perfectly normal amount of sheds for you.
... When you can wear and use your hair like a blanket.
... When six spin pins still doesn't feel like enough when you do certain hairstyles.

Othala
July 15th, 2012, 04:20 PM
When you drop a button and find out that you have run out of cotton thread it is not a problem. Just comb your hair and use a shed hair to sew that button back on. Stronger than cotton thread, LOL.

meishkamooshka
July 15th, 2012, 04:22 PM
When you drop a button and find out that you have run out of cotton thread it is not a problem. Just comb your hair and use a shed hair to sew that button back on. Stronger than cotton thread, LOL.

HAHAHAHAHAH

xoxophelia
July 15th, 2012, 04:32 PM
When you routinely have to get back into the shower because despite rinsing forever you still have lots if conditioner in your hair.

LOL this is too true!

Madora
July 15th, 2012, 04:34 PM
When that lovely decorated large French barrette, which you examined minutely for sturdiness, doesn't last one month before sproinging itself to death!

darklyndsea
July 15th, 2012, 04:54 PM
When you know better than to think that the hair toys labeled "for thick hair" will actually work for your hair.

When you can't do a bun that isn't head-eating.

No pillow? Not a problem, your bun works as well as a travel pillow.

spirals
July 15th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Flat-ironing your hair takes 45 minutes.

HappyHair87
July 15th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Funny thread!!:lol:

When you HAVE to do all of your hairstyles with wet hair!! Trying to get my hair in a ponytail while dry is almost impossible!!

Except for when i straighten i go from (ii/iii) to (i/ii):laugh:

Hollyfire3
July 15th, 2012, 05:45 PM

Yeah...and then the top layer of my hair dries out a bit from all the water I have to use to wet my bottom layer! Then I have to turn my head upside down and it tangles and I NEVER use enough conditioner on the bottom...oh washing thick hair is fun!:eyebrows:

Hollyfire3
July 15th, 2012, 05:47 PM

Or you can't even get the twist to work...I've been trying that bun FOREVER...stupid hair adn I broke TWO hair sticks trying too...

AnnaJamila
July 15th, 2012, 05:57 PM
When you can't dry your hair when it's up (I could leave a damp bun in for weeks and it would probably just mildew!) and it's almost impossible to get one handfull of shampoo to cover all of your roots. And when you can't use a french barette to hold back the top half of your hair.

~honeyflower~
July 15th, 2012, 05:59 PM
When your hair breaks your new scissors in half, so you stuck them back into the drawer in hopes that you don't get caught. :couch:

ladyshep
July 15th, 2012, 06:06 PM
When you wish that you could take your hair off for a while to get air to your scalp especially in 100 degree weather. (Like tomorrow) :p

elthia
July 15th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I am finally brushing waistlength, and still can't do a nautilus bun. However I can split my hair in two and do two nautilus buns side by side, or top and bottom.

I classify myself as ii/iii, but my ponytail is 4 inches when I measure it on nonwash days, and it is much fluffier on wash days. I haven't washed in 3 days and I just measured, and it was 4 inches exactly.

I just want to be able to finally do more with my hair, I love it, but waist is a milestone, and I'm still stuck with twisted buns.

Hollyfire3
July 15th, 2012, 06:18 PM
When you wish that you could take your hair off for a while to get air to your scalp especially in 100 degree weather. (Like tomorrow) :p

I know right?! I SWEAR I don't have hair, I have a wool blanket on my head.:p

lmfbs
July 15th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I am finally brushing waistlength, and still can't do a nautilus bun. However I can split my hair in two and do two nautilus buns side by side, or top and bottom.

I classify myself as ii/iii, but my ponytail is 4 inches when I measure it on nonwash days, and it is much fluffier on wash days. I haven't washed in 3 days and I just measured, and it was 4 inches exactly.

I just want to be able to finally do more with my hair, I love it, but waist is a milestone, and I'm still stuck with twisted buns.

I'm in the same situation, but I do 2 side by side, then wrap them around each other so they look like 1. And they hold with 1 hairstick!

Hollyfire3
July 15th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Your previously VERY heat damaged hair is growing back from some breakage and dryness and now measures .5 thicker (I thought it was a new product I found, but I ran out of product weeks ago and my ponytail is STILL increased...) and all you can think is "if it gets ANY thicker, I might go crazy!" I love my thick hair but seriously, with the wurls and poof and summer and ick, I just, it looks SO messy....

MrsGuther
July 15th, 2012, 06:33 PM

This^^^^!!! Also when you get out of the shower and have to get back in to rerinse your hair two or three times because you missed spots of conditioner.

PrincessBob
July 15th, 2012, 06:42 PM
-

- When you get a tangle you can't comb out/are so frustrated with, and just cut it out, and no one notices any difference in your hair- AND neither do you.
That was very common in the pre-Tangle Teezer days. :lol:

When you can't dry your hair when it's up (I could leave a damp bun in for weeks and it would probably just mildew!) and it's almost impossible to get one handfull of shampoo to cover all of your roots. And when you can't use a french barette to hold back the top half of your hair.
Brings back a sad memory.
I tried damp bunning when I was 14, using a scrunchie. It was a hot summer and I would take cool showers before putting my hair up every day. I just wanted my hair wet to keep me cool. It did mildew and the hair got really weak there. It was a sad time. I don't normally dampen my hair at all before putting it up any more.

-When you cannot wrap your thick hair in a crown braid at hip, so you section it into thirds and leave one braid hanging (like my siggy?).
-When you look at a XL Flexi8 and wonder how you'll get it to hold a bun... and end up supporting it with other hair forks/sticks.
-When braiding requires a break to let your fingers rest from their bulky burden.
-When a hairdresser has to go buy another tub of bobby pins from the market next door to finish your updo.
When those bobby pins go flying all over the reception hall.
-When the updo comb vendor literally says "oofdah" when you let your hair down into his hands for as demonstration.
-When your braid is a viable bludgeon.

patienceneeded
July 15th, 2012, 06:55 PM
You know those bun-styles where you have to wrap your hair around your hand or finger, and then wrap it around again? I can't. It may be a combo of "short fingers-thick hair" but I blame my hair.

I still can't do anything more than a basic bun and I'm almost at waist.

Vanilla
July 15th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Im not a super thick haired (ponytail is 3.5 inches), but I always have to redo my updo at least 3 times a day due to the heaviness of my nearly BSL hair. It pulls sticks and forks out with the weight.

I long for the thinning shears sometimes, so my hair will actually stay up. I can totally relate to the bobby pins being found in ones hair, or needing 10,000 for an updo.

MissManda
July 15th, 2012, 07:38 PM
... When you put a palmful of conditioner into your hair as a leave-in and your hair doesn't look the least bit greasy.
... When your canopy looks clean, but underneath your hair is heavily coated in oil.

Hollyfire3
July 15th, 2012, 07:42 PM
... When you put a palmful of conditioner into your hair as a leave-in and your hair doesn't look the least bit greasy.
... When your canopy looks clean, but underneath your hair is heavily coated in oil.

Both of these! I often use LOTS of normal conditioner for leave in and it dries fine. Not at all greasy, just soft, yet it STILL has the nerve to frizz sometimes ick. That last one was me today! My hair had been going on 3 days unwashed (after sweating ALOT on the 2nd day, like coated in sweat, but I had no time to wash). Anyways, my hair looked fine from all angles, but I couldn't even get the freakin comb through it because it was coated in both sebum and olive oil (my attempt at detangling, fail), it was pretty comical.

Mountaingrrl
July 15th, 2012, 07:59 PM
I am nodding at every single one of these!

MissManda
July 15th, 2012, 08:19 PM
... When your hair is pixie-length, it resembles a mushroom.
... When your hair is past waist length and you avoid wearing it wavy/curly because of triangle head.

spirals
July 15th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Updos give you a headache!

This; so much this. Also, I have broken my favorite brush.

Hollyfire3
July 15th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Proud to say I have never broken a brush...yet.....only because I like my brush too much and only use it for polishing my ends, I tried pulling it through today and just watchign it bend made me cringe! I mostly use a comb and have broken a few of those....
anyways, you might have thick hair if you ask for a hair clip and your friend offers you a huge claw clip, your hair just laughs at you as it won't even TRY to fit around your twist lol....

meishkamooshka
July 16th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Happened tonight:

When you stick your head under a garden hose, and your hair still isn't fully saturated after 10 minutes.

Dragon Faery
July 16th, 2012, 12:30 AM
I'm not as thick as some, but...

If the only reason you could do any kind of bun at BSL was because you had a lot of layers
If once your bangs fit into your updo, you could no longer do buns at MBL that worked at BSL
If the only reason you can do a bee-butt, figure 8, or infinity bun at nearly waist is because you still have lots of layers
If you snap hairsticks trying to do a pencil bun
If your go-to hairstick is a DPN because it's the only thing that won't break. Stab someone in the eye, yes; but it won't break.

If you've ever used shorter than waist-length hair as a comfy pillow.
If anyone has ever complained that they couldn't see around your hair.
If *you* can't see around your hair.

anitacs9101
July 16th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Hehe so true.

My hair measures around 4" consistently, if I pull reallyy tight sometimes it's like 3.9" and sometimes it's a little over 4", I guess it has to do with whether my hair is freshly washed/oily/has product in it etc.

For me:
-Brushing takes an infinity (at least it used to be this way, my hair tangles drastically less nowadays, I'm not sure which of the changes in my routine is the cause o.o)
-It is tangled again 30s after brushing
-Takes all day to dry
-Damp bun will never dry, ever :(

Thinthondiel
July 16th, 2012, 01:03 AM
-If every single hairdresser you go to gets out the thinning shears/razor and tells you they'll have to thin your hair out quite a lot because it's so thick.
-If you don't have curly hair, but it still looks like a lion's mane if you brush it upside down.
-If you get an undercut on both sides of your head back to a bit behind your ears and about four inches above them, and you now feel that you have a "normal," manageable amount of hair.

Kleine Mädchen
July 16th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Haha I'm loving this thread right now!!! The first time I had a major chop my head felt freakishly light, and when I cut my hair to shoulder length it looked like Lord Farquaad/ Murderface/ a mushroom!!! I've started getting major headaches from having to tie my hair up for work and it looks like a full on 23inch mane when air drying!! I use about 1/3 of my conditioner bottle every time I shower and I shed in MASSIVE amounts yet it never seems any thinner! Definitely a challenge but I like my thick hair and I'm sure Ill be thankful for it when I grow old and my hair starts thinning.

Hollyfire3
July 16th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Your family jokes that you look like a lion, even without letting the brush touch your hair.

auburntressed
July 16th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Some of these things, like breaking brushes and hairsticks, are things that I really used to struggle with but don't anymore. I feel like age has taught me how to manage without destroying things.

- if, when washing your hair in a bent at the waist position in the shower, your hair looks like it would be more effective blocking out sunlight than your blackout curtains.

Hollyfire3
July 16th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Some of these things, like breaking brushes and hairsticks, are things that I really used to struggle with but don't anymore. I feel like age has taught me how to manage without destroying things.

Lol! I just don't have enough length to do anything but a cinnabun so my stubborn self decides forcing the hairstick into the mass of hair on my head will somehow make a new updo, all it does it break the chopstick:(.

MrsGuther
July 16th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Your family jokes that you look like a lion, even without letting the brush touch your hair.

Haha my family does that to me! :D

Hollyfire3
July 16th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Haha my family does that to me! :D

Yup! I was sitting in the living room and someone said "you look like a lion" just randomly, I was like "alright...you try dealing with THIS (holds out hair) a lion's mane is somethign to hope for instead of a rats nest right?"

Thinthondiel
July 16th, 2012, 11:53 AM
- if, when washing your hair in a bent at the waist position in the shower, your hair looks like it would be more effective blocking out sunlight than your blackout curtains.

Hahaha, this reminds me - there was something wrong with my blinds a while ago, so a few times I actually put my hair over my eyes to block out the light. :p It worked quite well!

Hiriel
July 16th, 2012, 11:57 AM
One from my bf, whose hair is kept short, but which is insanely thick (at least UltraBella-thick!): when the poor apprentice hairdresser spends an hour and a half and cuts her fingers several times trying to do a standard short men's haircut.

Sheltie_Momma
July 16th, 2012, 12:30 PM
When your tangle teaser goes flying across the bathroom every morning.

spirals
July 16th, 2012, 11:24 PM
You don't lose hairties so much as destroy them.

Falcore
July 17th, 2012, 01:12 AM
When you bump your head and it doesn't hurt because of the extra padding.

When you have to adjust hats to a large size so it will fit over your hair.

When your boyfriend picks up your braid and flops it onto your back and says "Gee that is weighty!"

When you have to divide your hair so you can actually feel your tangle teezer on your scalp.

spirals
July 17th, 2012, 01:54 AM
When you have to adjust hats to a large size so it will fit over your hair. The funny thing about that is that I actually measured myself for hat-size once and I am on the small side. But my hair makes it hard to get a hat on.

I thought of another one: you've ever broken a curling iron.

PrincessBob
July 17th, 2012, 01:57 AM
When your tangle teaser goes flying across the bathroom every morning.

You don't lose hairties so much as destroy them.

When you have to divide your hair so you can actually feel your tangle teezer on your scalp.

:agree:

When you use two tangle teezers at once on the same section, so you can feel the brush go all the way through your hair.

pink.sara
July 17th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Your hair is only BSL but you need 4 tubes of dye.
Wooden Combs survive a matter of Weeks.
The hair left in your butt crack after a shower could be used as a rat.
You clean your brush out after every use.
Two braids are still only shoulder length when you have BSL hair.
You can roll it into a ball and it's a pillow.
If you sleep with it wet it will not dry.
Hairsticks are an adornment only.
A large ficcare won't hold a French twist.
You can use several teaspoons of oil and it disappears.
BBB's are only useful for polishing an updo, you'd have to make 20 sections to use it properly.
Razor thinning takes 2 hours.

arcane
July 17th, 2012, 11:22 AM
When you routinely loose over 200 shed hairs a day and you still have thick hair.
When other peoples fingers get so tangled in your hair you have to cut them out and you can't tell.

meishkamooshka
July 17th, 2012, 11:29 AM
The hair left in your butt crack after a shower could be used as a rat.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

AnqeIicDemise
July 17th, 2012, 01:16 PM
When you need to service your vaccuum before every use to avoid burning out the motor or snapping the belt.

GrowingGlory
July 17th, 2012, 01:42 PM
When the container in your bagless vacuum contains mostly hair.

lapushka
July 17th, 2012, 01:59 PM
- your hair needs to be sectioned off in order to shampoo it, rinsing goes in sections too (lift and rinse, lift and rinse)
- you have to wait until hip length to do a few well-known buns properly, such as a nautilus, cinnamon bun, lazy wrap, without giving yourself a facelift from the tension

nobeltonya
July 17th, 2012, 02:43 PM
*raises hand* Well, my hair isn't SUPER thick, but thicker than it used to be.. and moreso at the scalp. I measure at the upper end of ii [about 3.5" or so]. My hairballs look horrible, but it's really not that many hairs.. they're just thicker and long. :D :disco:

- When wearing updos for more than an hour give you a headache..

Elithia
July 17th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Flat-ironing your hair takes 45 minutes.

Flat-ironing your hair takes THREE HOURS ....

(This was at BSL.)

You can use several teaspoons of oil and it disappears.

I bought three sixteen-ounce jars of coconut oil two weeks ago, and one of them is already half gone .... :rolleyes: And I just lightly oil as I'm braiding every night. "Lightly* meaning handfuls.

-When your hair is coming up on tailbone and you STILL can't do a proper cinnabun.

jeanniet
July 17th, 2012, 08:27 PM
I've given up on ever doing a comfortable cinnabun. They're just too heavy and I'm tired of messing around with them, so out the window they go!

AnqeIicDemise
July 17th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Oh! WHEN YOUR HAIR SPITS OUT SPIN PINS! I lost one today. LO

arcane
July 17th, 2012, 09:18 PM

My hair deformed a spin pin today. It took five minutes to yank it out (I got frustrated and didnt care about the damage after about a minute).

Hollyfire3
July 17th, 2012, 09:20 PM
My hair deformed a spin pin today. It took five minutes to yank it out (I got frustrated and didnt care about the damage after about a minute).

i get like this with some tangles! I'll be combing and BAM tangle, I try to work it out but get angry and kinda rip the comb through it (hides). I figure there's enough to go around for one tangle right? I just don't have the patience for my hair at times!

meishkamooshka
July 17th, 2012, 10:15 PM
When you pull a bobby pin out of your hair and it looks likes it's been through a war or two...

AKA: The gap in my bobby pin is bigger than the Grand Canyon.

Hollyfire3
July 17th, 2012, 10:18 PM
When you pull a bobby pin out of your hair an it looks likes it's been through a war or two...

AKA: The gap in my bobby pin is bigger than the Grand Canyon.

Yup! My poor bobby pins....they get beat up!:)

spirals
July 17th, 2012, 10:27 PM
That's why I now use roller pins instead of bobbie pins.

ladylowtide
July 17th, 2012, 11:07 PM
I am on the upper side of ii, 3.5" pony circumference.

-When you break a hair fork trying to get it in your hair.
-when you use your detachable shower head to try to actually get water to your scalp.
-when you only get meager twists and flipped buns to stay after copious amounts of practice and as others said, praying.
- when despite preventative measures you have a broken vacuum
-when you resign yourself to vacuuming with the hose attachment.

pink.sara
July 18th, 2012, 08:04 AM

My hair doesn't spit them out.... but every now and then I'll be twisting one in and it will be forced apart by the hair and deform totally :( Makes me sad.

Oh yeah, and I said I needed 3 tubes of dye? It turned out to be 4 yesterday and I still missed a huge patch at the back :(

So another is when you can't afford to dye as it would cost you &#163;30 a month to DIY it.

Tisiloves
July 18th, 2012, 08:23 AM
*when your APL cinnabun modification slips and crushes your metal French comb like an
anaconda with a rabbit.

*when the only way to shampoo your scalp properly without using a good handful is to dilute it in an applicator bottle (it's easier to CO, I think it's the slip).

Sheltie_Momma
July 18th, 2012, 08:27 AM
When you go to wash your hair and find spin pins, from like 3 days ago...oh, it was there all the time....

Tisiloves
July 18th, 2012, 08:28 AM
When you go to wash your hair and find spin pins, from like 3 days ago...oh, it was there all the time....

I have to count hair pins in and out of my hair, just so I don't get a nasty surprise.

sakuraemily
July 18th, 2012, 08:44 AM
I would really like some of those problms

Venefica
July 18th, 2012, 11:11 AM
When you put the shower on your hair and the other side of it do not get wet and no water is getting through.

When your hubby is afraid of you turning to quickly when asleep for your braid hitting him across the face feels like a club.

spirals
July 18th, 2012, 11:21 AM
I would really like some of those problms
Well, your hair looks thick and gorgeous, so shiny! Enjoy looking like you have thick hair without the issues.

Hollyfire3
July 18th, 2012, 11:37 AM
When you put the shower on your hair and the other side of it do not get wet and no water is getting through.

When your hubby is afraid of you turning to quickly when asleep for your braid hitting him across the face feels like a club.

That first one happened last night. I was trying to get my hair wet and it just...wouldn't get wet. No fun

omgitssarah
August 1st, 2012, 12:14 AM
When you henna your hair and two mermaid soaks, two shampoos, a wide-tooth comb, and four rinses don't get all of the henna out. Had to do a third shampoo and two more rinses.

misspurdy06
August 1st, 2012, 12:20 AM
Ive done that so many times!

domisimone
August 1st, 2012, 12:41 AM
When your hair literally tears open a swim cap.

domisimone
August 1st, 2012, 12:43 AM

I do this soooo often! I've started writing the number of pins I put in my hair down just to make sure I don't leave any behind.

pink.sara
August 1st, 2012, 04:36 AM
When you henna your hair and two mermaid soaks, two shampoos, a wide-tooth comb, and four rinses don't get all of the henna out. Had to do a third shampoo and two more rinses.

Hahaha, this.

I hennaed/indigoed last week and am still washing out grit after 3 washes... :confused:

Amber_Maiden
August 1st, 2012, 05:49 AM
Hahaha, this.

I hennaed/indigoed last week and am still washing out grit after 3 washes... :confused:

YEP. Happens to me to- even if I spend an hour washing it out the first time in the shower.:rolleyes:

Boucles d'or
August 1st, 2012, 02:15 PM
When you've washed your hair it takes a day to dry..

lole18
August 1st, 2012, 02:22 PM
how thick a ponytail should be in inches for thin hair and for average hair?

dixid
August 1st, 2012, 02:34 PM
When you go for to a stylist for a perm and your head gets stuck in the rinse sink because of the number of rollers they had to use.

Shepherdess
August 1st, 2012, 02:41 PM
When you go for a long walk and after you come back home a fly buzzes out of your hair. :p
This happened a week ago to me. :D

dawnss
August 1st, 2012, 03:13 PM
When you blow dry your hair and it's thickness comes out all the way to your shoulders, I swear I look like a lion lol.

floralgem
August 1st, 2012, 03:16 PM
When, no matter how much conditioner you use, your hair still is unmanageable

moxamoll
August 1st, 2012, 03:37 PM
When you go for the big chop, and your hair stylist stops half way through to get a broom because she "can't feel the floor any more" and it's freaking her out.

When you stop tipping your head back in the shower because soapy water on your face is better than a sore neck from holding up the weight.

And mine isn't even that thick! :lol:

petali
August 1st, 2012, 03:45 PM
how thick a ponytail should be in inches for thin hair and for average hair?

i-thin- 2 in. or less
ii medium- 2-4 in.
iii thick- 4 in. or more

I have weird hair. Sometimes it measures 3.5 in, and other times 4 :confused:

lole18
August 1st, 2012, 03:52 PM
i-thin- 2 in. or less
ii medium- 2-4 in.
iii thick- 4 in. or more

I have weird hair. Sometimes it measures 3.5 in, and other times 4 :confused:

is it possible to gain an inch or more? :D

petali
August 1st, 2012, 03:53 PM
I honestly don't know. I think it depends where I measure my hair.