PDA

View Full Version : Different hair types on different parts of the scalp?

minxe
July 14th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Most of my hair is a soft and wavy medium texture, but the locks right in front of my ears are very coarse, wiry, and muuuch wavier than the rest of my hair. Is this normal? :confused:

torrilin
July 14th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Yep. I type out as a 1c, so straight looking, but with some really huge and gentle S waves, and I've got strands of hair (not locks, individual strands) that range from 1a (stick straight) to 4something kinky curly.

Nothing in nature is 100% uniform, and that includes our heads :D

I've also got every strand thickness on my head, ranging from stupid fine on up to no kidding coarse. I type out as F because F is by far the dominant kind tho. With coarse I can only pick out a coarse strand quickly coz there are few spots on my head where I know there tends to be a coarse strand hiding :).

secondrain
July 14th, 2012, 08:32 PM
I have that too. Most of my hair is 3b but the hair at my nape is much straighter. At my temples I have really tight 3c/4a curls that love to stick out like little corkscrews. It's not cute :(

cwarren
July 14th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Yes, most people have multiple hair types and textures. I have types 3c/4a and both medium and coarse textures. It's normal :)

Ticky
July 15th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Yes, as others have said. My hair is equally straight everywhere on my head, but the individual strand thickness varies. Completely normal!

Zesty
July 15th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Yep, the under layer of my hair at the back of my head tends to be wavier, and I even get some kinky hairs that are quite different in texture from my dominant fine, straighter hairs.

minxe
July 15th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Thanks so much everyone! I guess I have no reason to worry about it anymore :)