PDA

View Full Version : Aloe Vera Juice for hair?

Micayla47
July 14th, 2012, 11:50 AM
yesterday i did a henna treatment and i mixed it with cassia and chamomille flowers and spicy tea. my hair feels great but my scalp is super itchy. i think it must have been the spicy tea. anyway, i didn't have any aloe gel so i used aloe juice (the kind you drink) on my scalp and it really soothed it. i hope this isn't going to dry my hair out. has anyone else ever used aloe juice on their hair/scalp?

Amber_Maiden
July 14th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Yep, it's usually fine. Sometimes they ad some preservatives to the aloe juice, like alcohol, but it should be ok. The aloe itself won't dry your hair out at all.

akilina
July 14th, 2012, 02:14 PM
I get itchy if I dont rinse the henna well enough...
I believe aloe juice would be perfectly fine. Idk if you used 100% pure aloe juice or what though?
What is the sugar content, if any? I don't like putting sugary things on my head really.

cwarren
July 14th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I use to use aloe juice as a leave in. It made my hair super soft. But I have very porous hair, so it also made my hair stink :( I had to give it up.

Now I just use FOTE aloe gel to slick my hair down. If your hair has low porosity, then your hair should be fine with the juice. Aloe is an excellent leave in condish.

Wildcat Diva
July 14th, 2012, 02:47 PM
I use the Aloe Juice instead of the gel all the time in my SMT. It's great! I actually have some cooling down right now with my honey, about to add the conditioner, and then it's deep treatment time.

Wildcat Diva
July 14th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Oh, but the thing about Aloe, I believe, is that it seems to matter about your humidiity. I wish I could remember, but it seems like if it's humid, that's good to use Aloe because it pulls moisture from the air, if it's dry environment, it sucks the moisture from your hair and dries it out.

Someone please help me with this info, am I telling her right?

Kaelee
July 14th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Oh, but the thing about Aloe, I believe, is that it seems to matter about your humidiity. I wish I could remember, but it seems like if it's humid, that's good to use Aloe because it pulls moisture from the air, if it's dry environment, it sucks the moisture from your hair and dries it out.

Someone please help me with this info, am I telling her right?

I don't know about aloe, but I know this is true of glycerin.

Lady Neeva
July 14th, 2012, 03:26 PM
The purest Aloe Vera Juice that a know of, is Lakewood.

Micayla47
July 14th, 2012, 04:24 PM
thank you ladies so much for the responses. wow, learn something new everyday. i'm glad some of you have used it as a leave in or for your SMT because i have 2 giant bottles of it (buy one get one free, i'm a sucker). it's 100% pure, no sugar or alcohol, so i'm going to keep using it. :D

Wildcat Diva
July 14th, 2012, 04:38 PM
I don't know about aloe, but I know this is true of glycerin.

And I also add glycerin in my SMT. It's on my hair right now.

It works really great for me, and FYI my environment is super humid. I live 12 miles from the Gulf Coast in Texas, and it is always hot and humid.

jojo
July 14th, 2012, 05:28 PM
A yoghurt mask will get rid of itches but may fade your henna a tad but it works!

Micayla47
July 14th, 2012, 05:33 PM
A yoghurt mask will get rid of itches but may fade your henna a tad but it works!
a yogurt mask. hmm interesting. what's the procedure? plain yogurt? dry hair? wet hair? how long? etc.