PDA

View Full Version : I used "regular" (not deep) conditioner....

Kaelee
July 13th, 2012, 09:57 PM
For the second time in years. I got a wild bee up my butt and decided to try COing for once so I picked up some VO5 Tea Therapy conditioner.

It. Was. Weird. It didn't feel slippery at all (actually, the opposite! I am so used to thick, creamy conditioner that this actually felt....semi sticky in comparison. And the last time I used "regular" conditioner I had the same feeling...like I would have to use half a bottle to get ANY 'slip'). It just felt so...odd!

It also felt like my individual hairs got a lot finer, like very very fine silk. I know they didn't, but that's what it felt like. Finer and...tangly.

I immediately rinsed for about 5 minutes and resisted the (strong) urge to wash my hair immediately with shampoo to remove the evil conditioner :lol:

For the sake of the experiment I just oiled my hair like usual and we'll see in the morning. I guess the worst that can happen is that I have build up.

The part of my hair that's in the front and partly dry feels very very soft though....

Hollyfire3
July 13th, 2012, 10:03 PM
I don't think this one time will give you build up, not to worry. Sometimes, hair just feels wierd when trying something new, that doesn't mean it won't be great when it dries :D. Good luck!

Elithia
July 13th, 2012, 10:08 PM
I don't think this one time will give you build up, not to worry. Sometimes, hair just feels wierd when trying something new, that doesn't mean it won't be great when it dries :D. Good luck!

Yeah, it probably won't condition that well, but it shouldn't give you buildup.

Going back to V05 after thicker conditioner feels about as runny as pouring a glass of whipping cream over your head. :)

Kaelee
July 13th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Yeah, it probably won't condition that well, but it shouldn't give you buildup.

Going back to V05 after thicker conditioner feels about as runny as pouring a glass of whipping cream over your head. :)

LOL!!!!

That's pretty spot on. I definitely like thicker conditioners. I've been using 3MM or occasionally the Fructisse in the little round tub for YEARS. So going back to this is...weird.

I was having a panicked moment and going OMG WHAT DID I DO TO MY HAIR!!!! :o

MinderMutsig
July 14th, 2012, 04:55 AM
A lot of us follow the CO conditioner with a heavier conditioner so basically we just exchanged the shampoo for a runny condish and then condish as normal. If you feel like the VO5 isn't giving you what you need but you are content with what it did to your scalp you could give that a try.

I often do a sort of CWC routine but only use conditioners and no shampoo. So I put a heavier condish on my length, wash my scalp area with a runny light condish, rinse, and follow that with another heavy condish which I don't rinse completely. (And then I follow that with a leave-in conditioner and seal with some oil or curl cream. What can I say, my hair loves moisture!)

When I'm in a hurry (or shower at the gym) I just CO with a heavy condish and rake some leave-in through but I find I get better results and don't have to wash my hair as often if I wash my scalp with a light runny condish.

Tressie
July 14th, 2012, 05:23 AM
Kaelee, May I ask what "heavy" conditioner you have been using? Do you have any build up issues from it? I have been looking for a good one. Thanks so much! :flower:

FrannyG
July 14th, 2012, 08:24 AM
When I CO, I usually use my "light conditioner on my scalp, and my thicker conditoner from the bottom of my ears down. Some people do it in two steps, which I used to do, but I get the same effect doing it in one step.

I would never manage if I only used VO5 as my only CO conditioner. My hair would like :silly:. But everyone's different. :)

Kaelee
July 14th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Kaelee, May I ask what "heavy" conditioner you have been using? Do you have any build up issues from it? I have been looking for a good one. Thanks so much! :flower:

I use 3MM, but I only use it once or twice a week and no, I don't have build up issues with it.

This VO5 made my hair feel "coated" though. I know I put oil in it but it's way greasier than normal today. :rolleyes:

Tressie
July 14th, 2012, 04:49 PM
I use 3MM, but I only use it once or twice a week and no, I don't have build up issues with it.

This VO5 made my hair feel "coated" though. I know I put oil in it but it's way greasier than normal today. :rolleyes:
Thank you! I appreciate the info! :blossom: