PDA

View Full Version : Is these even possible?!

CurlyCurves
July 13th, 2012, 06:49 PM
My Auntie does my length checks for me.

I got her to measure my hair on the 11.6.12 for me. It was 8.5".

I got her to measure it again for me two weeks later, on the 25th June. It was 9".

She measured it again on the 12.7.12 - it was 10/10.5".

Is this even possible?! I am sceptical. I mean, I've noticed my hair growing rapidly, but that fast?

What do you think? Human error? I did make her check about ten times, though.

caadam
July 13th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Two inches in one month? ...I don't see why it's not possible. :D

Sometimes people have growth spurts when it comes to their hair, and yeah, it'll grow that quickly. Maybe that's what's happening, and it's not too incredibly uncommon.

My hair grew 18 inches in 15 months, between December 2010 and March 2012. That's more than an inch every month. While it's not TWO inches every month, it's still a fast growth rate (1.2 inches).

Amber_Maiden
July 13th, 2012, 07:19 PM
It might be, or a mis-measurement.

coneyisland
July 13th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Yes, all else being equal, you can expect your fastest growth rates during the warmer seasons.

Keep warm. :cheese::cheese::cheese:

McFearless
July 13th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Lol don't question it and enjoy!

anime_length
July 13th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Totally possible. Have you been eating a lot of greens?

CurlyCurves
July 19th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Two inches in one month? ...I don't see why it's not possible. :D

Sometimes people have growth spurts when it comes to their hair, and yeah, it'll grow that quickly. Maybe that's what's happening, and it's not too incredibly uncommon.

It sounds crazy, though! To be honest, I am feeling and noticing more length in the past two weeks or so, like it's just had a spurt, but 2" sounds too good to be true, to me.

I think it's more likely to be 1-1.5" instead. Still good, though :cheese:

It might be, or a mis-measurement.

I'm considering the latter.

Yes, all else being equal, you can expect your fastest growth rates during the warmer seasons.

Keep warm. :cheese::cheese::cheese:

Hahaha, warmer seasons? I don't think England got the message :p

Lol don't question it and enjoy!

:laugh: I will.

Totally possible. Have you been eating a lot of greens?

Not really, hun. Diet was bad for the past two weeks.

jacqueline101
July 19th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I wish mine would grow back out. I know last year my hair grew fast in the summer months.

pepperminttea
July 19th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Are you measuring stretched or curly? You mentioned some trouble with looser curls from heat damage lately, so if you're measuring curly your curl might still be a bit pulled out? Hopefully you're just enjoying a growth spurt though! :)

Hahaha, warmer seasons? I don't think England got the message :p

England having a summer the same year the Olympics are here? It'll never happen! :lol:

domisimone
July 19th, 2012, 08:57 PM
My hair grew three inches in three months (which NEVER happens). I did a length check 4/20/12 and another on 7/17/12. Maybe it's just the season?

CurlyCap
July 19th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Yep. My hair grows crazy fast in the summer and then crawls through the winter. I think I've gotten 6 inches in May-July, but I'll only get ~0.5" each winter month for ~9" a year.

This is why I baby my hair during the hot winter months, so I can keep all my growth despite the frying heat. I hate end of summer trims! Likewise, I almost always trim at the end of winter so that anything I lose grows back super quick and I'm not sad about it for long. :D

dwell_in_safety
July 19th, 2012, 09:48 PM
I'm pretty sure my hair grows a bit faster in the summer months. I am not sure why that is (I'm sure someone here does, though!), but I am not complaining. :D

barely.there
July 19th, 2012, 09:53 PM
It must be the warmer season. I cut my bangs up to my chin a month and a half ago. they are already 2 inches longer. I've also noticed my length has grown an inch even through microtrimming.

insanity.

Shepherdess
July 19th, 2012, 09:53 PM
I think your growth is completely normal. Every person is different and sometimes hair will grow fast, then take a break, then grow fast again. It all depends on the person. :)

I had a growth spurt a few months ago where my hair grew an inch in less than a month.

Recently I gained another inch since June 14th.

spirals
July 20th, 2012, 12:50 AM
It's possible. I get 3/4" to 1" year-round and my mom gets 1" to 1 1/3". I used to get annoyed at how often I had to reshape the layers. Now I'm happy about it.

jadelouise
July 20th, 2012, 03:17 AM
if you FEEL as though your hair has been growing rapidly, then it probably has :) CONGRATULATIONS x

sunshine-locks
July 20th, 2012, 03:27 AM
If you measure curly, then it might be kind of inaccurate because of that, doesn't curly hair get looser depending on the weather/humidity? Just my :twocents:

MintChocChip
July 20th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Definitely possible I think! My hair has grown in spurts before (not quite as impressive as yours, but more than an inch in a month) but it did then stall for three months. Not quite sure what happened there. That's really fantastic though, you must be very pleased! :)

torrilin
July 20th, 2012, 06:51 AM
If you're measuring curly, that's probably a lot of it.

Some people do have a growth pattern that is full of spurts and stalls tho. It generally averages out to something vaguely reasonable over a long period. I'm not sure what my month to month growth might be, but over a year it's in the 7-9" range. Above average, but not super duper amazing. Some of our more data obsessed members have on *rare* occasions found growth up over 2" in a month, but it's extremely unusual to have that kind of growth month over month with no stalls to bring the average down.

Avital88
July 20th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Its possible,i have growthspurts like this too. Enjoy and keep up the good work

CurlyCurves
July 21st, 2012, 11:55 AM
I made a typo in the title of this thread. It's supposed to say 'is this even possible' :laugh:

Are you measuring stretched or curly? You mentioned some trouble with looser curls from heat damage lately, so if you're measuring curly your curl might still be a bit pulled out? Hopefully you're just enjoying a growth spurt though!

England having a summer the same year the Olympics are here? It'll never happen!

Haha, stretched of course! How does one go about measuring a curl ;)

And of course not ;) why, whom have we got to impress? Only the rest of the world!

My hair grew three inches in three months (which NEVER happens). I did a length check 4/20/12 and another on 7/17/12. Maybe it's just the season?

Perhaps, but the weather doesn't match the season down here :laugh:

Yep. My hair grows crazy fast in the summer and then crawls through the winter. I think I've gotten 6 inches in May-July, but I'll only get ~0.5" each winter month for ~9" a year.

This is why I baby my hair during the hot winter months, so I can keep all my growth despite the frying heat. I hate end of summer trims! Likewise, I almost always trim at the end of winter so that anything I lose grows back super quick and I'm not sad about it for long.

I've never noticed a difference between growth in Summer vs Winter. I will take note of it at the end of Winter.

I'm pretty sure my hair grows a bit faster in the summer months. I am not sure why that is (I'm sure someone here does, though!), but I am not complaining.

Me either :D

It must be the warmer season. I cut my bangs up to my chin a month and a half ago. they are already 2 inches longer. I've also noticed my length has grown an inch even through microtrimming.

insanity.

Not warm here at all :(

I think your growth is completely normal. Every person is different and sometimes hair will grow fast, then take a break, then grow fast again. It all depends on the person.

I had a growth spurt a few months ago where my hair grew an inch in less than a month.

Recently I gained another inch since June 14th.

Congrats!

I hope this isn't a spurt. I'm greedy and want have fast growth all year round ;)

It's possible. I get 3/4" to 1" year-round and my mom gets 1" to 1 1/3". I used to get annoyed at how often I had to reshape the layers. Now I'm happy about it.

I can imagine!

if you FEEL as though your hair has been growing rapidly, then it probably has. CONGRATULATIONS x

Thank you! I looked a picture of me in April the other day and my hair was way above my shoulder. I think it defo has grown fast, though still not sure if it's 2" kinda fast.

If you measure curly, then it might be kind of inaccurate because of that, doesn't curly hair get looser depending on the weather/humidity? Just my :twocents:

I measure stretched out :)

Definitely possible I think! My hair has grown in spurts before (not quite as impressive as yours, but more than an inch in a month) but it did then stall for three months. Not quite sure what happened there. That's really fantastic though, you must be very pleased!

I hope I don't get a stall, eek!

And thanks hun, yes, I am pleased.

If you're measuring curly, that's probably a lot of it.

Some people do have a growth pattern that is full of spurts and stalls tho. It generally averages out to something vaguely reasonable over a long period. I'm not sure what my month to month growth might be, but over a year it's in the 7-9" range. Above average, but not super duper amazing. Some of our more data obsessed members have on *rare* occasions found growth up over 2" in a month, but it's extremely unusual to have that kind of growth month over month with no stalls to bring the average down.

That's interesting :)

Its possible,i have growthspurts like this too. Enjoy and keep up the good work

Thanks hun!

heidi w.
July 21st, 2012, 11:58 AM
I am familiar with power surges... LOL

I had a period of almost 2 years where I had 3 inches of growth per month. Now it's hardly at all because I'm so long and I'm older. Life was good back then.

It happens more often than many realize.

heidi w.

carolinaberry
July 24th, 2012, 12:01 AM
I think it is possible. My hair grows in spurts. I haven't had a 2" one yet, but I do believe it is possible as a spurt.

kitschy
July 24th, 2012, 12:08 AM
My Auntie does my length checks for me.

I got her to measure my hair on the 11.6.12 for me. It was 8.5".

I got her to measure it again for me two weeks later, on the 25th June. It was 9".

She measured it again on the 12.7.12 - it was 10/10.5".

Is this even possible?! I am sceptical. I mean, I've noticed my hair growing rapidly, but that fast?

What do you think? Human error? I did make her check about ten times, though.

Usually at LHC we measure from the front of the hairline at the top of the forehead, over the crown and straight down the back. Where do you measure from? Your hair appears to be longer than your measurements suggest.

The reason I'm asking is that having a starting point like the forehead keeps the measuring more consistent.

CurlyCurves
September 12th, 2012, 01:55 AM
Usually at LHC we measure from the front of the hairline at the top of the forehead, over the crown and straight down the back. Where do you measure from? Your hair appears to be longer than your measurements suggest.

The reason I'm asking is that having a starting point like the forehead keeps the measuring more consistent.

Ah, I've never done it like this. I measure a stretched out curl from the back.

heidi w.
September 12th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Ah, I've never done it like this. I measure a stretched out curl from the back.

One can get some fairly inconsistent numbers measuring just the back, not to mention your missing around 6 inches. So measure the "official" way and add more inches, and get a measurement you can count on. Have a second person help you to measure, too. That helps for consistency too.

heidi w.

CurlyCurves
September 13th, 2012, 06:24 AM
One can get some fairly inconsistent numbers measuring just the back, not to mention your missing around 6 inches. So measure the "official" way and add more inches, and get a measurement you can count on. Have a second person help you to measure, too. That helps for consistency too.

heidi w.

Thanks Heidi, I will bare that in mind :)

Shepherdess
September 18th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Congrats!

I hope this isn't a spurt. I'm greedy and want have fast growth all year round ;)

Oh, that would be so nice if it would keep growing like that! :thumbsup:

I'm in a pause right now I think. Too bad it doesn't grow fast for me all year round. I hope I can make it to my goal before the end of the year. Well, hopefully I'll have another spurt soon!

Sarahlabyrinth
September 19th, 2012, 01:36 AM
I am currently getting an inch per month, am going to measure for a year and see what variations I get. Should be interesting. Well done for your fast growth!

Henrietta
September 19th, 2012, 03:20 PM
(...)

I think it's more likely to be 1-1.5" instead. Still good, though :cheese:

I'm considering the latter.

(...)

1-1.5" of growth is definitely possible. Summer, vitamins, no stress, your hair's mood :D Many things can cause it. Even if it was 2", I don't think anyone could say it's impossible. Hair does get spurts. For me, 1 inch is a reason to celebrate. But there are people who normally get 1" monthly, so their spurts are 1.5 or 2" then.
Enjoy it! :):)