PDA

View Full Version : Got to experience long hair but for a second today ..

CurlyCurves
July 13th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Oh, it was amazing. Tried on a wig at the local hair shop while shopping. It was about TB.

It looked ridiculous, of course, but the length felt A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

The feeling of the hair swishing on my back, the look of it. It made me look so ... mysterious and ethereal. My Auntie said it reminded her of Pocahontas.

Seeing as my goal is HL curly, it'll probably be about TB straight/stretched. It was so exciting for me to get a taster. SO exciting.

The guys in the shop kept staring at me suspiciously, and my Auntie kept telling me to hurry up.

But you guys understand, right?

silverstars
July 13th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Totally. I bought a wig for a costume that is about tailbone on me. When I tried it on I probably stood in front of my mirror for a half an hour swishing it around and trying out buns and braids. It was so much thicker than my own hair so I was very entertained.

Misty'sMess
July 13th, 2012, 06:33 PM
I didn't even realise they make tailbone length wigs. And I'm so glad you loved the length, it is always nice to be reassured that our goals are worth all the effort.

jojo
July 13th, 2012, 07:24 PM
I remember when my hair was cut short in 2005 and me and my friend where doing what sensible as we're then 37 year old women do, we was trying on hats and giggling away and then we spotted the wigs, we tried the granny perms on, the toilet brush hair styles and then spotted the long ones, it was such fun and I too remember feeling long hair feeling so special , strange thing is I'm longer than wig now and my hair still doesn't feel as long as that wig felt on my head.

I'd love to get a short grey one and be an old lady for a day but at 43 I'd probably be locked up!
But yeah wigs are so much fun and really help keep you motivated!

gthlvrmx
July 13th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Ive never tried a long wig on before, but i understand what you're talking about. i just daydream sometimes or walk around pretending i have long hair down to my knees or so. Its nice pretending, its fun. :) feels good to me. and the best things with wigs is that you can change lengths at any time without the hassle of growing it back out.

Amber_Maiden
July 13th, 2012, 07:59 PM
I didn't even realise they make tailbone length wigs. And I'm so glad you loved the length, it is always nice to be reassured that our goals are worth all the effort.

What she said! :p

CurlyCurves
July 19th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Totally. I bought a wig for a costume that is about tailbone on me. When I tried it on I probably stood in front of my mirror for a half an hour swishing it around and trying out buns and braids. It was so much thicker than my own hair so I was very entertained.

Hahaha, I would have done the exact same if I owned the wig. I probably would have spent hours with it on :rollin:

I need to find a wig shop to play in for a few hours.

To be honest, neither did I! The longest wig I'd seen was probably MBL/WL. As soon as I saw it, I had to try it :D

And I most definitely agree. If I had any doubts that I want long hair, this has just eradicated them.

I remember when my hair was cut short in 2005 and me and my friend where doing what sensible as we're then 37 year old women do, we was trying on hats and giggling away and then we spotted the wigs, we tried the granny perms on, the toilet brush hair styles and then spotted the long ones, it was such fun and I too remember feeling long hair feeling so special , strange thing is I'm longer than wig now and my hair still doesn't feel as long as that wig felt on my head.

I'd love to get a short grey one and be an old lady for a day but at 43 I'd probably be locked up!
But yeah wigs are so much fun and really help keep you motivated!

:rollin: :laugh: you're so sweet. I bet the sales assistants were either looking at you like you were mad or laughing with you :D

Ive never tried a long wig on before, but i understand what you're talking about. i just daydream sometimes or walk around pretending i have long hair down to my knees or so. Its nice pretending, its fun. :) feels good to me. and the best things with wigs is that you can change lengths at any time without the hassle of growing it back out.

It is :) It reminds me of when I was a child and I'd wear things on my head to emulate long hair. Always. It always felt so amazing.

spidermom
July 19th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Sounds like fun. I bought a couple of wigs when my hair was short and taking FOREVER to grow. The wigs were about BSL, and they seemed SO long at the time. Haha - now they're short!

jacqueline101
July 19th, 2012, 04:30 PM
I bet it was fun. I'd like to try on a tail bone length wig to see what I'd look like.

spirals
July 19th, 2012, 09:53 PM
It reminds me of when I was a child and I'd wear things on my head to emulate long hair. Always. It always felt so amazing.
I was emulating princess veils. :queen: :rolleyes: :lol:

CurlyCurves
July 21st, 2012, 08:18 AM
Sounds like fun. I bought a couple of wigs when my hair was short and taking FOREVER to grow. The wigs were about BSL, and they seemed SO long at the time. Haha - now they're short!

It was fun! I'm so tempted to buy some wigs now ..

Hahaha, I can't wait until BSL seems short to me!

I bet it was fun. I'd like to try on a tail bone length wig to see what I'd look like.

You should :)

I was emulating princess veils. :queen: :rolleyes: :lol:

:laugh:

Seeshami
July 21st, 2012, 08:51 AM
My gypsy wig is thick and black with ginormous ringlets. It is fun to wear but in the end the ringlets make me pouty because the naughty mess will tolerate absolutelying no curling what so ever for more then 5 minutes.

CurlyCurves
September 12th, 2012, 01:53 AM
My gypsy wig is thick and black with ginormous ringlets. It is fun to wear but in the end the ringlets make me pouty because the naughty mess will tolerate absolutelying no curling what so ever for more then 5 minutes.

I want!

:D:D

Ambystoma
September 12th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Ha ha - I did something like this the other day with a track of my old clip in extensions ( that are now too short compared to my real hair :cheese:)

I made a ponytail with them tied really low so it looked classic + and flounced around for a bit feeling like a romantic pre raphelite mermaid - I can't wait to get there for real!

melusine963
September 12th, 2012, 07:19 AM
I've never seen a tailbone length wig before. Or if I have it must have been a very good one that conviced me it was real. That must have been fun to try on!

Iolanthe13
September 12th, 2012, 01:21 PM
I had a yellow-blonde, curly floor-length wig when I played Rapunzel in Into the Woods. With the ten-foot extension attached, I could wrap my whole body in it! It wasn't exactly flattering, but it was great fun. Sadly my own hair would never have that sort of volume or curl if I grew it to floor length.