PDA

View Full Version : Canine conditioner for my hair... So good!

Amethyste
July 13th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Well, I have been wanting to give a review of this conditioner from "Rosie B. Good ~ Smoother than Velvet (Vanilla, Shea Butter Conditioner)" I got it at PetCo and a bottle was $8.99 ~ I originally bought it for my itchy english bulldog, but then after reading the ingredients, I thought "Hey, might even be good for my hair!"

Ingredients: Water, Natural conditioning agents, Shea Butter, Evening Primerose Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Keratin, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Natural fragrances.

It really leave the hair soft. It is heavy so it needs a good rinse, but does help mending the dry ends that I have. It smells great too. I know it sound unusual, but when I read the ingredients, I had to try it. My doggie loves it too haha

Zesty
July 13th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Wow, what a natural list of ingredients. I might have to go find this stuff. I'll never live it down if my family sees it in the shower, though, since we don't actually have a dog. :p But anything for the hair's sake, right?

Amethyste
July 13th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Seriously Zesty, it's really good stuff!!!

swearnsue
July 13th, 2012, 02:29 PM
That's a good idea! I use horse shampoo (Mane N Tail) so why not use doggie conditioner???

silverthread
July 13th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Well, I have been wanting to give a review of this conditioner from "Rosie B. Good ~ Smoother than Velvet (Vanilla, Shea Butter Conditioner)" I got it at PetCo and a bottle was $8.99 ~ I originally bought it for my itchy english bulldog, but then after reading the ingredients, I thought "Hey, might even be good for my hair!"

Ingredients: Water, Natural conditioning agents, Shea Butter, Evening Primerose Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Keratin, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Natural fragrances.

It really leave the hair soft. It is heavy so it needs a good rinse, but does help mending the dry ends that I have. It smells great too. I know it sound unusual, but when I read the ingredients, I had to try it. My doggie loves it too haha

I confess I've used TropiClean hypoallergenic shampoo for dogs because the ingredients were so simple. It was just as good as any other shampoo out there for humans, and certainly no more damaging.

Micayla47
July 13th, 2012, 04:47 PM
i do just the opposite! i use my shampoo and conditioner and on my doggies and then rub them with coconut or jojoba oil. it does wonders for their coats and they smell great too.

brave
July 13th, 2012, 05:31 PM
I would like to know more about "natural conditioning agents" -- are they not required to list everything the same way as for human conditioners?

lmfbs
July 14th, 2012, 04:49 AM
I use coconut oil on my cats too. ust a little, and it stops them from licking my hair when I do a deep oil. I wonder if it's bad for them?

jojo
July 14th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Sounds good, I'd be worried that it made my hair woof , no need to worry though with those ingredients unless you find yourself rolling over for a biscuits or the sudden urge to scratch your ear with your foot :D

Slug Yoga
July 14th, 2012, 10:13 AM
I would like to know more about "natural conditioning agents" -- are they not required to list everything the same way as for human conditioners?

My thoughts exactly.