PDA

View Full Version : Today is Henna Head Friday

hele911
July 13th, 2012, 11:56 AM
for me at least...lol

Although I didn't realize today is Friday the 13th and of course this is the first time doing roots only, well sort of. I did use the color I had left over on the rest of my head but I mixed it different then last time so I have no idea what I will look like. Last time I used Fresh Organic Rajasthani Indian Henna Powder 100 % with about 75% indigo (on and I always add a bit of camellia oil to henna to help with smoothing and moisturizing). That was for my whole head and while I liked the overall color I feel that my ends look much darker, almost one tone brown with no red.

Today I used the Raj with 1 T cocoa powder and only a smidge of indigo. Why you ask? Well I wanted to experiment and was hoping that it wouldn't be as dark with the cocoa powder instead of straight indigo.

Hopefully I will like the results. Will post pictures in a few days and you can let me know what you think.

Comments are always welcome :)

moxamoll
July 13th, 2012, 11:57 AM
That's funny... I was planning to do my roots today too!

MandyBeth
July 13th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Heh, I'm starting over today. Two step black. The indigo is working on my head now.

Marcellaa
July 13th, 2012, 12:36 PM
I'm going to do my roots next tuesday!

Amber_Maiden
Next Thursday for me!

akilina
I am jealous!! Although, I only have one bag of henna left and I am trying for only once a month on henna. Not sure if I will be able to buy another anytime soon so this one should last me one or two applications.

anikadear
July 13th, 2012, 06:37 PM
I totally just got my henna in the mail today and have it in my hair now. I live to henna!

GlennaGirl
July 13th, 2012, 07:29 PM
That's awesome! I had Henna Thursday. :p Let us know how things turn out!

hele911
July 13th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Thank you ladies for all your comments! :)

so far so good, I am happy with the color so far. Can't really tell about ends but I think I do like the way it came out with the cocoa powder. Will post and see what you all think in a few days.

Have a wonderful weekend :grouphug:

MandyBeth
July 13th, 2012, 11:46 PM
My hair is black, grays are almost burgundy in sun. I love it color wise, my hair feels over protein so I'm trying an SMT.

CurlyMopTop
July 14th, 2012, 09:38 AM
I am overdue! Sometime next week for me. :D

Dolly
July 14th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Did mine today! I was way overdue.....had the Pepe Le Pew white streak going on.....

Othala
July 15th, 2012, 04:35 AM
Today is henna-head Sunday! Yay!