PDA

View Full Version : let me introduce myself :)

kam.pearson
July 12th, 2012, 09:56 PM
My name is Kam, and I've been lurking on this lovely site for a while. I signed up to join and got my email...and then my laptop crashed. So I'm now typing from my cell phone! I digress...I wanted to introduce myself and thank all you lovely ladies and gents for your gorgeous hair inspriation. I also really just love the atmosphere here too! Everyone is so kind and helpful. I hope to learn a lot on my journey!:o

gthlvrmx
July 12th, 2012, 09:59 PM
welcome!! im glad you are enjoying things here!

kam.pearson
July 12th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Thank you! I really am! I've never been in a forum before though, so I hope I don't mess things up too badly!

Lizbot
July 12th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Welcome to the forum, Kam!

kam.pearson
July 12th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Welcome to the forum, Kam!
Thanks so much! :)

Falcore
July 12th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Hi Kam - Welcome to LHC! :)

kam.pearson
July 12th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Hi Kam - Welcome to LHC! :)

Thanks Falcore! Let me just say, one of my favorite movies ever!

sun-kissed
July 12th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Welcome, Kam, I'm looking forward to seeing you around the boards! :flower:

kam.pearson
July 12th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Welcome, Kam, I'm looking forward to seeing you around the boards! :flower:

Thank you! I am looking forward to meeting new friends on the forums as well! And maybe learn how to make such a pretty signature with flowers too! Currently working from an uncooperative cell phone...

mckenzie
July 12th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Welcome! Kam means comb in Norwegian :)

Kyla
July 12th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Welcome, I hope you like us here. :)

kam.pearson
July 12th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Welcome! Kam means comb in Norwegian :)

Well, then I guess I chose a good forum name then! Woohoo! I didn't know that one! Thanks :) I get all kinds of weird stuff from my name! Its actually Kami, which is Japanese I think. I am not Japanese though lol

kam.pearson
July 12th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Does anybody know what upload to file failed means when I try to add a profile picture???

kam.pearson
July 12th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Welcome, I hope you like us here. :)

I already do! Everybody is so nice and accepting and helpful! I love it!

kam.pearson
July 12th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Well, then I guess I chose a good forum name then! Woohoo! I didn't know that one! Thanks :) I get all kinds of weird stuff from my name! Its actually Kami, which is Japanese I think. I am not Japanese though lol

Does this mean I can Kam my hair??? Please!

pepperminttea
July 12th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Does anybody know what upload to file failed means when I try to add a profile picture???

There's a problem at the moment with uploading to albums (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=92232), but profile photos have been working for most people. My guess would be that you need more posts to edit your profile, there's a list of what you need in terms of post count for certain actions here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=68519). :) Welcome to LHC!

meishkamooshka
July 12th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Welcome to the forum! If ya need any help, feel free to PM me or comment on my page! I don't remember the privileges you have as a new member, but if you can't do that, then please e-mail me: m.lee_allmond@ymail.com!

:D

kam.pearson
July 12th, 2012, 11:41 PM
There's a problem at the moment with uploading to albums (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=92232), but profile photos have been working for most people. My guess would be that you need more posts to edit your profile, there's a list of what you need in terms of post count for certain actions here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=68519). :) Welcome to LHC!

Oh, ok! That must be what it is then! Thank you!

kam.pearson
July 12th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Welcome to the forum! If ya need any help, feel free to PM me or comment on my page! I don't remember the privileges you have as a new member, but if you can't do that, then please e-mail me: m.lee_allmond@ymail.com!

:D

Awesome! Thanks so much! I feel like I have a lot to learn forum wise and hair wise lol. Oh, and I love the waves in your hair! So pretty!

patienceneeded
July 13th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Welcome to LHC! Have fun, there's loads of hair info to read and enjoy!

Bene
July 13th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Are you a man of wealth and taste?

Pleased to meet you, but I haven't guessed your name. And I'm puzzled by the nature of your game. Woo woooooooo!

[insert guitar solo]

YumiYume
July 13th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Does this mean I can Kam my hair??? Please!

Welcom to this awesome board, and it is awesome by awesome people :)!

"kam" is comb in swedish to :P

but if you want to comb your hair in sweden :P, you have to add "ma" in the end, "kamma" it a bit different in swedish than enlish like theese sentenses:

A comb= En Kam
I want to comb my hair= Jag vill Kamma mitt hår
She did comb her hair= Hon kammade sitt hår
1 comb, many combs?= 1 kam, flera kammar

forgot one:
Didnt you comb your hair?= Har inte du kammat ditt hår?

Swedish grammar is a bit complicated :P

kam.pearson
July 13th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Welcome to LHC! Have fun, there's loads of hair info to read and enjoy!

Oh yes! I can already sense an addiction coming on! Lol Thanks!!!

kam.pearson
July 13th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Welcom to this awesome board, and it is awesome by awesome people :)!

"kam" is comb in swedish to :P

but if you want to comb your hair in sweden :P, you have to add "ma" in the end, "kamma" it a bit different in swedish than enlish like theese sentenses:

A comb= En Kam
I want to comb my hair= Jag vill Kamma mitt hår
She did comb her hair= Hon kammade sitt hår
1 comb, many combs?= 1 kam, flera kammar

forgot one:
Didnt you comb your hair?= Har inte du kammat ditt hår?

Swedish grammar is a bit complicated :P

Cool! Thanks for explaining that! I'm going to write it down! I once had a really nice vietnamese man explain my name to me, but I didn't like that one. He said it was when two people are having a conversation and are purposefully ignoring someone was a kam, and the opposite was a benti. Or something along those lines. Anyways, I like comb better! At least its something that I like to do!

SpinDance
July 13th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Welcome to the forums! :)

kam.pearson
July 13th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Welcome to the forums! :)

Thanks! I'm excited!

Alvrodul
July 13th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Welcome to the forums! We're a friendly bunch, and as long as you use common sense you are unlikely to make missteps. :)

YumiYume
July 14th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Cool! Thanks for explaining that! I'm going to write it down! I once had a really nice vietnamese man explain my name to me, but I didn't like that one. He said it was when two people are having a conversation and are purposefully ignoring someone was a kam, and the opposite was a benti. Or something along those lines. Anyways, I like comb better! At least its something that I like to do!

You'r welcome ^___^

Oh, I like comb better to, way more nicer than "ignoring" XD

jacqueline101
July 14th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Welcome to our happy home.

kam.pearson
July 14th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Welcome to the forums! We're a friendly bunch, and as long as you use common sense you are unlikely to make missteps. :)

Thanks! I hope so, I've never been in a forum before!

kam.pearson
July 14th, 2012, 03:58 PM
You'r welcome ^___^

Oh, I like comb better to, way more nicer than "ignoring" XD

Much better! :)

Thanks!

kam.pearson
July 14th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Welcome to our happy home.

Thank you very much! :) I think I'm addicted already!

Micayla47
July 14th, 2012, 04:54 PM
welcome kam! yes, lhc is very addictive! it's also very supportive and informative :)

jojo
July 14th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Hi kam, welcome to LHC and the crazy world of long hair :D

MrsGuther
July 14th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Hi Kam! Welcome to LHC! :)

kam.pearson
July 14th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Thanks guys! I can already tell that I'm going to love it here! Everyone is just so very nice and helpful! Not like some other places that I've seen. Its great! Not so great on my phone battery though lol I've already drained it, just reading all day!

kam.pearson
July 14th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Oh and I was going to ask, does anyone know when my profile pic might show up? I've uploaded it and I can see it on my profile, but not any of my posts??? I figured out how to use tinypic to put pictures in posts today though! :)

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong spot!

jojo
July 15th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Thanks guys! I can already tell that I'm going to love it here! Everyone is just so very nice and helpful! Not like some other places that I've seen. Its great! Not so great on my phone battery though lol I've already drained it, just reading all day!

Ha ha! 5 years on and I'm still addicted! I take breaks from time to time but I always end up coming back! Yeah some forums are pretty unsociable and treat newbies like an outcast, you wont find that on here were a pretty friendly bunch, it has it's moment but a bit of cheese :cheese::cheese: normally sorts that out!