PDA

View Full Version : Just wanna share with you all...

totie
August 3rd, 2008, 09:50 PM
some pics I took today. I've been a lurker and posted a few times since 2003 but since im a single mum to four girls I've only had time to quickly check in when babygirl is alseep. Now my girls are a little older and settled in so hopefully now I can have the time to really join in and start a blog and a photo album.
Im currently at BSL but still aiming for waist length or longer and have started growing out highlights so I can have my natural colour again.

I'd appreciate any advice on hairtype or caring for my hair.
cheers,
totie

washed yesterday, taken in natural sunlight this morning.
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u258/totiegirl/IMGP5701.jpg

underneath showing my natural colour
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u258/totiegirl/IMGP5708.jpg

Oskimosa
August 3rd, 2008, 10:31 PM
Wow, your hair looks so much like mine when natural and long. Almost like hair twins. :p But you said you were growing out highlights... Anyhow, I don't know what to tell you for advice, you kindof have to look through here and troubleshoot! That's what I've found. The articles section is great, too!

totie
August 3rd, 2008, 10:41 PM
oh cool Oskimosa, I'll have to check out your posts. Sorry I meant haircare advice for growing out colour not advice in general. I know I've been here 5 yrs BUT...it's all still sinking in!!!

Kyannah
August 3rd, 2008, 11:18 PM
Hi there, your hair looks very very similar to mine. The length, layers colour and highlights are exactly the same. It could be a picture of me from the back.

Sorry I don't have much advice for you. I am a bit slow at learning and not much of one for experimenting, but I just wanted to say hi and maybe we can get through this journey together and share advice.

:)

Slug Yoga
August 4th, 2008, 12:36 AM
You have a very pretty color, and it's so shiny. It looks very healthy. What is your hair care routine now?

totie
August 4th, 2008, 04:09 AM
Isn't it weird when you see a picture of someone else and think 'hey, that looks like me'!!!
Kyannah, I'd love to share this journey with you and others here as Im serious this time about giving myself the time needed to pamper my hair and let it grow. Actually as Im sitting here typing my four girls are all playing with my hair before bedtime...(well they are pulling really).

Slug Yoga, thank you for my first compliment...made me happy!! My current routine is very basic and simple because I just don't have time for any thing else. I CWC once a week, do a deep conditioning treatment every couple of weeks and self trim my ends regularly.
For sleeping I put my hair in two plaits and mostly wear my hair out during the day.

I just wondered mostly if I should be treating my damaged midlengths and ends any different to my natural hair. Ok....girls are fighting and babygirl wants mummy, time to put them to bed.
cheers,
totie

JensT
August 4th, 2008, 04:14 AM
Looks very thick and healty, you should be proud !

DavidN
August 4th, 2008, 05:07 AM
Thank you for sharing these photos with us, Totie, and your hair looks thick, shiny, and healthy. Your hair care routine is working very well for you!

totie
August 4th, 2008, 05:15 AM
Thank you David. Just wanna say that I've read quite a few posts where I've noticed you responding and always thought how kind and encouraging you are. Thank you for sending some my way.
Cheers,
totie

FrannyG
August 4th, 2008, 05:19 AM
Totie, your hair is just lovely. I look forward to seeing you around the boards more often and to seeing your forthcoming photo album. Watching the progress is so much fun! :flowers:

DavidN
August 4th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Thank you, Totie, for your kind words about my posts, and you have made my day!:flowers:

Dvips
August 4th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Hi,

I'm glad to hear that you now have more time!

There are now "social groups" and one is for people growing out colored hair: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oGpVgkR5tA .

HTH!

Katze
August 4th, 2008, 12:12 PM
beautiful waves, and your hair is so thick!

I would say you are definitely wavier than 1c, though that depends on what condition your pics are (brushed, gelled, braided, etc). If you want help on hairtype, you need to post pictures of washed, airdryed, untouched (not combed not styled) hair.

Your hair looks really healthy already, and the highlights are not visible at all.

Curlsgirl
August 4th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Very pretty hair! As little as they show I would just let them grow! How long is your virgin hair? Another thing is to let your colorist blend them in as they grow out so they don't show as much if it bothers your. They can use lowlights just on the roots with very little damage and a couple of times is all it would take probably. Welcome!!!

totie
August 4th, 2008, 06:17 PM
I will join in on the social group for growing out coloured hair....I think support is a huge thing once we decide to grow out to our natural colour so that we don't go and make wrong choices again.
Great advice Curlsgirl, I had some lowlights put in just yesterday afternoon to blend in my virgin hair (about 3 inches or so & the greys) with my coloured hair. I used a semi permenant which will wash out in about a month, then I'll reconsider if I want to keep doing that.

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone.
Cheers,
totie

EvaSimone
August 4th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I am glad that you are getting more time to post!

I agree with Katze your hair does look wavier than 1C (she got me about my hair type a month ago... she's good with hair types!! :) )

I am growing out colored/highlighted hair too. It's a big PITA, the only tip I have for you is to be gentle with it (no heat styling etc.) and add moisture when you can. Your hair doesn't look like it was highlighted too heavily so it might be a little more forgiving than mine is.

Good luck with growing and glad to have you join us!!

Xandergrammy
August 4th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Hi Totie!! Just wanted to say "hi" and let you know that I'm growing out my natural colors too. You can take a peek at my blog to see how I deal with it (basically, I ignore the fact that my hair is multicolored). :flowers:

Radulfr
August 4th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Hi Totie - and good to see you post at LHC again! :cool:

Would you believe I remember you from when you were here five years ago?

totie
August 4th, 2008, 08:48 PM
ha! Time goes quick hey. Now if only I had put that time to use, I would have long hair by now. Glad you all are still here.

Xandergrammy, Im off to read your blog.
cheers,
totie