PDA

View Full Version : Elderly Woman Made My Day!

Jeno86
July 12th, 2012, 06:46 PM
I was at work today helping this woman out using our photo machine. As I'm helping her out, she notices my hairstick and bun. Her eyes lit up and she got the biggest smile on her face. She asked if she could see my hair and then began showing me her braided bun. She started giving me all sorts of hair and beauty tips. She kept saying that she was so happy to see people wearing their hair like I was and how she had been doing it for years. She had to run but as she was leaving she told me she would be back to talk about hair and hairsticks. Such a cute lady. Just had to share ^_^ she made my day.

heidi w.
July 12th, 2012, 06:47 PM
How neato mosquito moments like this are.

heidi w.

Madora
July 12th, 2012, 06:50 PM
How lovely! Any long hair compliment is great..but to have a fellow long hair do the complimenting...that's aces in my book!

battles
July 12th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Aww, that's so sweet. :)

jeanniet
July 12th, 2012, 06:59 PM
That's so nice to hear--I bet meeting you just made her day! :)

Silken
July 12th, 2012, 07:26 PM
How cool!

I was in a store buying clothes yesterday and the woman who was helping me out had a huge bun held with 2 hair sticks. She'd also decided to stop coloring it about 9 months ago so her new growth was all silver and gleaming. We wound up chatting for half an hour about hair, lol.

dulce
July 12th, 2012, 07:59 PM
That is so great!

Alembic
July 12th, 2012, 08:00 PM
That's a lovely story! It's wonderful how long hair and accessories can invite people to connect with each other. Just another reason to grow :)

WaitingSoLong
July 12th, 2012, 09:01 PM
How awesome! I wish I could join in the chat! You will have to tell us what she has to say about haircare. One of the sages!

jacqueline101
July 12th, 2012, 09:03 PM
That's neat and I'm glad you've a long haired friend who understands you.

LaFlor
July 12th, 2012, 09:08 PM
So jealous! That would have made my day.

Sisgoldenhair65
July 12th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I wish I could meet her too. I would love to have someone to talk about hair with!

Amber_Maiden
July 12th, 2012, 09:51 PM
that's awesome!!

prettykitty
July 12th, 2012, 09:57 PM
She sounds lovely :) I wish I'd meet someone older with long hair, most of the older ladies I meet have gone for the blue rinsed helmet option. It's a shame because I think long hair is so so beautiful on older ladies. When I am an old lady I am going to be a hippy lady and have hair down my ankles.

LadyKate
July 12th, 2012, 10:01 PM
I had a really nice hair moment just the other night too. I was at the pub listening to some fabulous Celtic musicians, and I had let my hair down because it had been up all day at work. I put it back up when my food came (so I could eat the food instead of my hair) and an older gentleman, as he was leaving, stopped by my table and told me how pretty it had looked down. Made my night.