PDA

View Full Version : Pony circumference increase! (Big Deal)

swearnsue
July 12th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Hi everyone. Just want to share a big improvement in my hair. My pony circumference was 2" a few months ago and I measured today and it is now 2 and 1/8 inch. It was actually about 2 1/4 but I downed it just to be sure I erred on the side of caution. This is a big deal because I have always had thin hair but I've been taking care of it now for almost a year and I'm older so to have an increase is really a big achievement for me.:cheese:

prettykitty
July 12th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Yayyy! I have gone up to 2.5 circumference since joining LHC (that's over two years though), and it's more of a relief than anything else-for a long time I was convinced I was going to go bald :/
My taper is still epic, but I'm hoping with continued care and regular trims it will improve.

sun-kissed
July 12th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Congratulations! I know how exciting that must be, my hair has also gained a bit of thickness over the course of the past year. Yay for LHC! :D

Hollyfire3
July 12th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Congrats! That is really exciting!:) I hope the goodness continues for you!

swearnsue
July 12th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the encouragement! LHC has been really great.

Silverbrumby
July 12th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Hi everyone. Just want to share a big improvement in my hair. My pony circumference was 2" a few months ago and I measured today and it is now 2 and 1/8 inch. It was actually about 2 1/4 but I downed it just to be sure I erred on the side of caution. This is a big deal because I have always had thin hair but I've been taking care of it now for almost a year and I'm older so to have an increase is really a big achievement for me.:cheese:

That's wonderful! Congratulations. I've gone up about 1/4 of an inch since joining but I'm trying not to think about it too much in case I start shedding again. Silly isn't it.

Elanadi
July 12th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Congratulations!! I have thinner hair too and I totally understand your excitement! I hope your thickness continues to grow!! :)

swearnsue
July 13th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I think it's the result of castor oil scalp massages I started about a year ago. I had a ton of new hairs come in right after I started that and now those hairs would be about the right length to reach the pony tail. I stopped though, it's so darn sticky and icky but maybe it would be worth doing once a month!

Silverbrumby
July 13th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Ok, did a cassia after about 5 months since the last one. Today the ponytail is at a 3" for the first time ever. It's hacks as my sons would say. Don't know if I should celebrate or not.

swearnsue
July 13th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Ok, did a cassia after about 5 months since the last one. Today the ponytail is at a 3" for the first time ever. It's hacks as my sons would say. Don't know if I should celebrate or not.

Don't say "hacks" in a sentence about hair! LOL:eek:

cocolover
July 13th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Congrats! I have been using 1/2 castor 1/2 almond for my scalp massages and it isn't sticky it all. It also washes out easily. Maybe something to try if you decide to return to castor oil scalp massages.

swearnsue
July 13th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Congrats! I have been using 1/2 castor 1/2 almond for my scalp massages and it isn't sticky it all. It also washes out easily. Maybe something to try if you decide to return to castor oil scalp massages.

Thank you and good idea. I don't have almond but I have olive and coconut. Would those work just as well? Especially maybe coconut, it's thinner (if that's the right word) than olive oil.

Alvrodul
July 13th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Congratulations - it is a wonderful improvement! One among many, I hope! :)

Silverbrumby
July 13th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Don't say "hacks" in a sentence about hair! LOL:eek:

Good point lol.

jojo
July 13th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Congratulations! I have seen an increase from 3.4 to 4.4 inches since joining 5 years of joining, it feels so good eh?