PDA

View Full Version : Loop brush?

Amarante
July 12th, 2012, 03:26 PM
I went to Sally's today to get a nice coney serum, and found this while checking out the brushes/combs. I've never seen a brush like this, but it says its for wigs & hair pieces. It looks like it may not snag though, so long as I'm careful with it. I really miss the feel of a brush, so I've been searching for one that wouldn't be as damaging as the little plastic coated bristles.

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h381/Amaelthia/_conv_IMAG1499.jpg

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h381/Amaelthia/_conv_IMAG1500.jpg

The back of it is so cute!

luxepiggy
July 12th, 2012, 03:52 PM
My friends who wear hair extensions use brushes like that! I agree that it should be less damaging than a regular brush. The "bristles" are much more flexible and less likely to get stuck in/rip through a tangle.

Kaelee
July 12th, 2012, 10:31 PM
That looks like a nice head massager! I find a BBB to be a *little* rough but I bet that one would feel reeeaaaaaalyyyy good! :D

joflakes
July 13th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Yup, it's made for hair extensions like piggy said! =)

Seeshami
July 13th, 2012, 12:55 AM
The Naughty Mess says it looks delicious and he really wants to eat one, or at least try.

Since the TT is second place on "The Naughty Mess's most hated objects of behavioral correction" I wonder if this would be another good item to pick up because he laughs at it now but will end up being good torture devices. He has been getting more and more talkative, I should buy him a new taming device to get him to shut up. I think I want one.

afu
July 13th, 2012, 07:58 AM
I wonder why they think different brushes are needed for wigs/hair extensions than for regular hair? odd

Anje
July 13th, 2012, 08:37 AM
My guess is that the loops don't penetrate through where the chunks of hair are attached, which is particularly relevant for extensions. That way, they won't get caught next to the head and pull.

I'm not sure how that would make it beneficial for wigs, though. Maybe it's just less damaging to the cap or whatever the against-the-head part is called?

Thenolegirl
July 13th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Huh - that's interesting. I'm just looking around but my good brush has ball tips missing (it's a mixed bristle brush). If this is gentler that would be great. I should also tell my friend about this. She wears hair extensions and she's still learning how to care for it.

meteor
August 17th, 2015, 09:18 AM
I wanted to give this thread a bump! Does anybody have any experience with trying these brushes on natural hair?

This seller (http://www.hairdirect.com/store/looper-brush.aspx), for example, claims that "the bristles are looped to reduce friction. The lack of any sharp edges make styling your hair a very easy and gentle process. Great for use with any hair replacement system or fragile and brittle natural hair."

One thing that bothers me is this: if it's so much gentler, why would it be marketed only for extensions/wigs? :hmm: Are there any issues with its functionality on natural hair? And how does it compare to other brushes? :)

Seeshami
August 17th, 2015, 09:37 AM
August 19th we will know because that's when mine will get here. Because my cats need a new brush anyways so when his highness eats this one and I finally get it out of my hair the puddins can have it.

The naughty mess says, "bwahahahahahaha when was the last time you brushed me?"

Don't salt the wound Mess I will brush you again.

meteor
August 17th, 2015, 09:40 AM
^ That's awesome, Seeshami! :D
I'd love to know His Naughty Highness's verdict! :D

Seeshami
August 17th, 2015, 09:48 AM
The naughty mess says, "i believe I will rat snaggle myself all up in the loops and then for punshment for doing what she knows I will do best slave girl will put me in a bath of my favorite crack..... I mean conditioner. And get me so high that I can't hold my knots any more and them give the brush to the kitties"

Ya know today I don't even feel like arguing with him. I hope it scoffs at his antics and brushing my hair monster is no longer to much work. You're getting a bath today to mess I am brushing you on the 19th new brush working or not you will be unmessed for at least 30 minutes.

The naughty mess says, "I just won't dry then so there."

meteor
August 17th, 2015, 09:52 AM
^ :lol: :lol:
(extra characters)

alishaxmarie
August 17th, 2015, 01:03 PM
I agree with Naughty, I can only imagine my hair getting snagged in the loops somehow. My hair and any kind of combing or brushing just don't go together. BBB's even make it impenetrable (like I'll comb then BBB and then won't be able to get a comb back into the mess! Hence why I never ever wash or comb upside-down :shudder:).

Seeshami
August 17th, 2015, 09:43 PM
Just don't start talking to it because then it becomes self aware and you have to live with a hair monster.

The naughty mess says, "I try to strangle you and Muffin, every night I try to eat Keiky. At dance I try to give people black eyes when I swing around and I boss you around like the slave girl you are what is so bad about that?"

You try to eat my Keiky.

Seeshami
August 19th, 2015, 07:13 PM
OMG A VIDEO

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/71204699

missrandie
August 19th, 2015, 08:20 PM
OMG A VIDEO

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/71204699

D'oh, my phone won't play your video. Damn. To my other devices! And computer if need be :)

Seeshami
August 19th, 2015, 08:22 PM
Computer is needed. I dislike making youtube interface properly with ustream and or uploading to youtube. Even more so when I am crabby

missrandie
August 19th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Got it. 'Puter it is.

-Fern
August 19th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Seeshami - That's awesome! XD

Seeshami
August 19th, 2015, 11:06 PM
Hahaha AspenSong said I was unperky.

missrandie
August 20th, 2015, 09:24 AM
I watched it! Bravo, brush!

meteor
August 20th, 2015, 02:41 PM
Thanks so much for the video, Seeshami! :flowers: Great stuff! :applause

So do you like it better than the Tangle Teaser or other popular brushes? :)

I'm also curious what its bristles are made of. I heard some loop brushes use boar bristles, but I'm not sure... :hmm:

Seeshami
August 20th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Much better then tt. I didnt throw it across the bathroom once.

They are plastic. Not as bendy as a tt but thinner and harder. Same thickness as bb but it reminds me of the plastic they make the fakes from.

meteor
August 20th, 2015, 02:53 PM
^ Wow, that sounds really great! :D
Thanks so much, Seeshami! :flowers: And, of course, many thanks to His Highness, the Naughty Mess, for test-driving this cool tool! ;)

Seeshami
August 20th, 2015, 11:02 PM
The Naughty Mess says, "I hate it. I can't grab it and snaggle it. I can't fling it. It undoes all my hard work"

I like it but that's me. It does take longer, but as you can see when I hit a snaggle with my other I will just pull it out and not care. This will help me from that mechanical damage.