PDA

View Full Version : How to remove old semi-permanent color

Lilli
July 12th, 2012, 07:37 AM
One year ago I used a warm golden blonde semi-permanent color. I didn't like it so I used Color Oops and it removed most of it. I couldn't see any difference until this summer, when the sun lightened my hair enough to show a difference between most of my hair, which is neutral to ash, and the bottom four inches, which are still almost strawberry. I think the color stayed there bc that part of my hair had been permed and straightened and is very porous.

I don't want to cut off four inches as I'm almost at my goal of BSL, and I don't want to dye the rest of my hair. Any ideas? Would a blonde toner work to take down the reddish tones?

I am on vacation and don't know how to show a pic using my iPhone. Sorry.

BrownEyedBeauty
July 25th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I don't know what a blonde toner would do so I can't give you advice about that. Since you don't want to dye it or cut 4 inches off, I would wear it up as much as you can until you can grow out some of the length and then trim it back. If you wear it up often, those 4 inches won't be as noticeable. I am not sure what else to suggest without running the risk of making things worse for you. Good luck!

catamonica
July 25th, 2012, 10:00 PM
I have been using white vinegar mixed with water in a spray bottle. I spray it on my hair several times a day. It's lightening the dye. It's starting to fade.

JellyBene
July 25th, 2012, 10:55 PM
I have heard that letting olive oil soak on the hair overnight (through repeated times) can loosen and fade old dye , plus its an aweome deep treatment! You could try the color oops again, sometimes it takes more than one try

JellyBene
July 25th, 2012, 11:26 PM
double post

jojo
July 25th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Vitamin c crystals works well in fading and my favorite remover is decolour by Scott Cornwall, his colour B4 is great too but a little drying after use. I'd try the vit c crystals first I don't know how it works but they are cheap and work!

blondie9912
July 26th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Honey lightening helped me to remove my demi-permanent hair dye, though it does leave a warmer tone behind.

Lilli
July 27th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Wow! This was old.

I have been using John Frieda Sheer Blonde lightening shampoo and it has helped, though there is still a pinkish tone in one spot, and generally golder throughout the ends. It's weird that the one area is so pink.

I will try some of your ideas - thanks!