PDA

View Full Version : Ponytail circumference question?

Pandora.
July 12th, 2012, 07:23 AM
The last time I measured the top of my ponytail was roughly 2 years ago and I'm pretty sure it was around the 2 inch mark...now two years later it can be somewhere between 3.5 - 4 inches. Would I still be classed as ii because my hair really does not feel or look thick at all, but I've seen girls with poofy hair who have a 4 inch circumference.

petali
July 12th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Hmmm... I have a 3.75 circumference, mine does not look thick either. You should put ii/iii because you got varied results.

red-again
July 12th, 2012, 08:04 AM
I have the same prob, on joining I had a 3.5" circ, it's now a 4" in just two months of LHC ways! The reason for the increase is baby hair growth, it was about an inch and is now around four inches which atm gives me a fuzzy halo but it will be well worth it!
Both you the OP and petali, like me have fine hair. ANd for our circumference we SHOULD be a ii/iii or more likely a iii, BUT because hour hair is fine it just doesn't 'look' full enough in our minds to be a iii.
Mine is 4" so a full iii BUT I put down ii/iii because compared to some on here it just looks like much less hair!

I think the reasonn is lots of fine strands will compact together and lay flatter than a ii amount of M strands would. Does that make ANY sense?!

pink.sara
July 12th, 2012, 08:15 AM
I'd say put a ii/iii classification as you have measured at 4 but also just under. :)

I'm a iii with a 5.5 inch pony but because it's baby fine and poker straight it looks normal (it does look thicker than most but not huge).

I think it's deceptive as a friend of mine with 3b curls looks like she has twice as much hair but if we both French plait hers is about the thickness of a thumb and mines almost as thick as my wrist (see sig pic).