PDA

View Full Version : Help! DBF damaged hair

Altariel
July 12th, 2012, 04:32 AM
My boyfriend decided to don't cut his hair, he doesen't have split ends but have very very dry hair (they also tangle a lot).

I wan't to help him but he has 2c/3a M i hair and mine are a lot different.

What should he do??:confused:

thank's for every answer !
have some cheese :cheese:

Amanah
July 12th, 2012, 04:37 AM
buy him some conditioner?

Altariel
July 12th, 2012, 04:52 AM
well he use conditioner every time he wash his hair, he also don't wash hair daily but every 3 days more or less.

I think he has started to use oil before he washes I really hope this will help.

Marcellaa
July 12th, 2012, 04:55 AM
You get your BF to use conditioner? I'm impressed! Mine totally refuses :o

Amanah
July 12th, 2012, 05:16 AM
is he out in the sun and wind? I wonder why his hair is dry and tangles

maybe he needs to tie his hair back?

Altariel
July 12th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Marcellaa he was alredy using it when I met him :)

Amanah He isn't often outside in the sun and now that it's hot he keep his hair in a ponytail but during the winter he use a headband.

Do you think he can have a build-up and he can try to clarify?

Isilme
July 12th, 2012, 05:41 AM
One thing that my computer geek to BF is guilty of is sitting in his computer chair and having his hair down between the chair and his back. This causes massive friction damage every day!

One easy remedy for dry hair is to take your favorite conditioner (preferably cone free) and put a small amount in a spray bottle with water. Shake and mix! Beware thought that it doesn't keep very long, keep it in the fridge.

Altariel
July 12th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Isilme Thank you my BF is also a geek so that could be the cause of the damage.
and I will make him try your remedy :) I hope it works!

red-again
July 12th, 2012, 06:09 AM
My daughter has similar hair, I find her hair loves the Nightblooming Panacea. You can get it on Etsy and she ships cheaply internationally.
Another one her hair loves is an overnight oiling with coconut oil. I also put on a tiny dab and rub well between my palms, then stroke it into firstly the ends and then the length of her hair when her hair damp after washing.
it may be worth clarifying first to eliminate the possibility of build up.
Also a final thing, maybe try him after the clarifying with a conditioner only routine. Works beautifullyfor dd.

Nightshade
July 12th, 2012, 08:03 AM
There's a pretty long article on rehabilitating damaged hair in my siggy :) It might be worth a read :flowers:

jojo
July 12th, 2012, 09:56 AM
If his hair is damaged then only scissors can sort that out! So I'd recommend he gets a good trim and then starts doing regular SMT and oiling his hair. He could also try clarifying to see if build up is causing him problems! Also co washing would be good with his hair type!