PDA

View Full Version : Your hair color and you.

misspurdy06
July 11th, 2012, 11:07 PM
I am naturally blonde. (dark blonde) But I use Sun In to lighten it. I think of blonde as sunshine growing out of my head. Just seeing it makes me happy. With my hair being so light I can wear less makeup. I have had dark hair and found my face looked a bit naked. My hair esp. the color is something I can be proud of.

I guess my point is...... What does your haircolor mean to you? What does it make you think of?

Don't just describe your hair color! Tell me how it makes you feel.

hafattack
July 11th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Having dark hair makes me feel elegant and powerful.. not really sure why, but I love it :)

petali
July 11th, 2012, 11:26 PM
I don't want to come off as self-absorbed, but I love the golden glimmer of my hair. Although I wish those dulling split ends + breakage weren't there :P

battles
July 11th, 2012, 11:27 PM
I'm blonette naturally. My strands are all the colors between white and medium brown. :redgrin: I love the pale, ashy tones of my hair.

It just makes me feel light and happy and free.

My henna color makes me feel unnatural and fake.

misspurdy06
July 11th, 2012, 11:41 PM
I don't want to come off as self-absorbed, but I love the golden glimmer of my hair. Although I wish those dulling split ends + breakage weren't there :P
The goal in this thread isn't modesty about your hair.

Diamond.Eyes
July 12th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Having naturally red hair makes me feel fiesty and mysterious I guess :laugh:? I think it goes well with my freckles and coral undertones. I feel very lucky that my hair is still very red because I know a lot of redheads experience fading throughout their teen years. I am very proud of my hair and I wouldn't feel like myself if I wasn't a redhead. I haven't always been so happy with my red hair because I was teased quite a bit because of it as a child and young teen. But I've grown to love it. :flower:

SongofLove
July 12th, 2012, 12:20 AM
My hair is black, and it's darkest close to my scalp (my length is kind of brownish due to sun exposure). I like to think of it as black silk, especially when I've just washed and it's very soft and smooth.

Hehe, I definitely love to look at other hair colors too. I think blonde hair is soo beautiful and shimmery looking (my boyfriend is a blondie :D).

HazyMoon
July 12th, 2012, 12:52 AM
My natural hair color (currently henna :( ) is light brown with golden threads and blonde at my temples. It is darker through the back. It almost feels like a connection to my ancestors, who were European.

Wiggy Stardust
July 12th, 2012, 12:57 AM
My haircolor is firetruck red. I think its pretty!

Jesabel
July 12th, 2012, 01:00 AM
My hair is also a "blonette" colour as battles described. The colour is very subjective depending on the light I'm in. In a natural dull light it looks quite dark, like a medium brown but can go quite light and golden looking in bright sun-light so I think it's pretty unique :D I'm like a hair colour chameleon haha :D I'm very glad I'm growing my natural hair colour out as it feels so much more natural to me and softens my look.

My DBF's hair to me is like black velvet because it is SO thick, he just has so much dark hair! It's also quite soft. Though he is getting so many white sparkly hairs which we call his magic hairs :p

NoRush
July 12th, 2012, 02:03 AM
My hair is a medium brown I guess, it goes darker in the winter and now it's gone blonde around my face from the sune :p

It makes me feel powerful, elegant and misterious when it's darkest and playful and flirty when it gets highlighted (by sun power only :D)

I love love love my hair color :bounce:

Bagginslover
July 12th, 2012, 02:16 AM
My hair is henna red/auburn, and for me, it's a lifelong dream come true! From as young as I can remember (and further back according to my parents!) I've wanted to be a redhead. I have tried ALL the box dyes (yes, ALL!) and had it done professionally, and it always looked fake, and was gone in a couple of washes. Now I've discovered henna, I will never be my boring brown again!

EtherealDoll
July 12th, 2012, 02:22 AM
I dye my hair blonde and love the colour and that it suits me. I was blonde when I was a child but then my hair darkened quite a lot and I never liked it that way, I didn't feel like myself.

Zesty
July 12th, 2012, 02:23 AM
I've always said I'd love to have naturally red hair, but really, I like my hair color. It's nothing flashy, but it has a lot of subtle aspects to it (that probably only I notice). It goes from rich dark brown to honey brown, sometimes has red tones, and is just generally far more nuanced than people give it credit for. Brown hair isn't boring!

Phalaenopsis
July 12th, 2012, 02:29 AM
I have light brown hair and the colour is hard to describe, it has honey blonde in it, a little bit of redness, but overall a soothing warmth :) I especially love the golden glow. It not an extreme colour, but more like a fine whine that is appreciated for its nuances.

Natalia
July 12th, 2012, 03:07 AM
i naturally have medium blonde hair but if i had my way id have a very deep brown. im pale and any shade of blonde just washes me out so as counterintuitive as people seem to think it is i look better with dark hair. amoungst the reasons i avoid photos is that all my photos with my natural hair i look like chemo kid... its sad ive actually been asked if i was ill when they were taken :( not an esteem booster...

Marcellaa
July 12th, 2012, 03:14 AM
My hair is henna red/auburn, and for me, it's a lifelong dream come true! From as young as I can remember I've wanted to be a redhead. Now I've discovered henna, I will never be my boring brown again!
This sounds like me! My naturel haircolor is medium brown and with henna my hair is burgundy red. But the color is different in every light, from copper to very dark red. That's the fun thing about henna, it's never a flat or boring color.
I love my henna haircolor. I have been dying it with henna for over 2,5 years and I have no regrets. I like the messy process of henna and the results are pretty awesome. Not only has it changed my haircolor, but my hair is much smoother and all my frizz is gone. And no more dandruff as well.
First I wanted really bright red hair, but it turned into burgundy and now it's very dark, but I actually like that even more.

Bianca
July 12th, 2012, 05:08 AM
I have dark/medium blonde hair with every color in between thrown in there. That is what I love the most. Its not one flat color.

I tried being a redhead with both henna and chemical, a brunette and even had black hair, and it just didn't suit me, like my own color does. I love having natural highlights. Overall my hair color makes me happy, it looks golden and even a little strawberry blonde in sun light and bright lights, ashier in doors, goes from dark blonde at the roots to medium golden blond at the ends, and even have some platinum too, and i'm a sucker for the ombre look. Also when its colored, it just looks more natural than a overall color or regular highlights. I love that I dont have to fiddle with roots, or think about it fading, its just easy.

All I wish for is even more highlights, but unfortunately we are having quite a wet summer in Denmark. So i'm not really getting my hightlights topped up. My littlesister have a slightly lighter color than me, and its longer than mine too, being a child, she is outside playing a lot, so she gets her ends totally platinum, hope mine will do the same with lenght and time :D

Amber_Maiden
July 12th, 2012, 05:37 AM
I have auburn/red hair. Having auburn hair means I have the best of both worlds- of being a brunette, and being a redhead. I can be taken seriously, but also looked upon as a rarity. lol.

I really do, however, consider myself to be a redhead. Being a redhead makes me feel strong. Like no one can mess with me.

fairy666tale
July 12th, 2012, 05:45 AM
My hair is dyed light blonde with purple streaks and ends. My natural color is dark blonde, but I never liked that color. It just didn't look like 'me'.
When I look at it, especially when I've just given the purple a touch-up, it makes me feel free and happy:)

Rish
July 12th, 2012, 05:57 AM
I think my hair is a mix between dark/medium brown, some days it is as dark as dark chocolate, others it can be a littler lighter chocolate. If my hair gets sunbleached it gets a really nice reddish brown highlight to it.

FrannyG
July 12th, 2012, 06:13 AM
My hair was dark blonde both as a child and as an adult, although it tended to photograph as light brown. I wanted, however to be a light/medium blonde since my first memory

I love my colour so much. I see sunlight in it; I see moonlight in it. It makes me happy. It's not so light that it emphasizes the red in my face, but it's not so dark that my now-white roots scream out too much when I'm in need of a root touch-up.

I just know that this colour is me. And I love it. :inlove:

Sweetflower
July 12th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Half a year ago i was blond and i found it sweet, girish but not very special i just fit in. In january i started using henna and i think red really suits me, it's a special color and its very personal. It suits my character :)

Sweetflower
July 12th, 2012, 06:19 AM
that has to be girLish ofcourse

Madora
July 12th, 2012, 06:29 AM
I'm a brunette who cherishs the wee bit of red in my hair, inherited from my mother and grandmother, who had beautiful red hair.

Odonata
July 12th, 2012, 06:34 AM
I hate my natural hair colour. it is a darkish gold/ashy blonde, very golden as a child. I find it dull and boring and lifeless. I will always colour my hair I have since I was 14. it suits my culture and my beliefs fine to do so. especially that i tend to keep my hair in shades of red.
I feel like I should of been a redhead. and that I'd never of cut my hair at 16 to a pixie if I was a natural red.
I tan easily to a golden brown and make efforts to stay white, I wouldn't mind not tanning and I freckle on my nose and shoulders anyway, so I wouldn't hate that side of being a red either.
currently it is pink , I love it, it feels more me.

My mother and sister are both auburn, my mother was a red as a child and darker later, my sister lighter brunette with obvious red undertones. i always wished i had such a defined and rich natural colour. so I didn't do so much damage dyeing it, that way it would be longer. only woman in my family that hasn't been able to sit on a braid at some point.

browneyedsusan
July 12th, 2012, 06:37 AM
My hair is henna red/auburn, and for me, it's a lifelong dream come true! From as young as I can remember (and further back according to my parents!) I've wanted to be a redhead. I have tried ALL the box dyes (yes, ALL!) and had it done professionally, and it always looked fake, and was gone in a couple of washes. Now I've discovered henna, I will never be my boring brown again!

I'm similiar. (My hair was strawberry when I was young, but it got cooler and ashier as I aged.) The gray doesn't bother me, but the brown does. I feel most comfortable and like myself with red hair, but was frustrated trying to maintain it. I'd pay $70 at the salon and it would fade horribly in a week no matter how much I babied it! I kept my hair really short so I could put a boxcolor on as often as I wanted. Henna is a dream come true!

Amethyste
July 12th, 2012, 06:54 AM
My hair is a vivid cherry red. I love it. I have extensions too. so I guess it says that I am a fake person? Maybe in that department. You cannot judge a book by its cover!

jojo
July 12th, 2012, 07:32 AM
I love my natural colour, it's a darkish blonde with lighter bits and a copper shine, sometimes in some lights it can look very blonde, in others red and in others brown. I like how the sun gives it lighter highlights. I like the fact I don't need make up with blonde hair.

I tried hendio ( twice) , I tried chocolate brown (once at a salon) I tried 2 full henna's, I even tried a couple of red box dyes but having darker hair wasn't really me but I was lucky I got rid of it all after a long and expensive year of experiments.

At long last I am a peace with my hair, it's so great to have my multi toned hair back and not have that block colour dye gave me!

Pandora.
July 12th, 2012, 07:34 AM
One of the only things I like about myself is my hair color. It's a really light blonde. Although coconut oil seems to be darkening it. :(

Ligeia_13
July 12th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Well, honestly, I feel boring with my natural colour. I'm sort of sickly pale and my eyes are dark so I look even worse. And then I have the dark brown hair. Boring!

mrs_coffee
July 12th, 2012, 07:48 AM
My natural color is dark brown with a lot of red highlights. Henna makes it more auburn and I feel like the fiery color matches my personality.

UpNorth
July 12th, 2012, 08:05 AM
I'm growing out my natural color so I will write about them both

Highlights: Blonde is my ideal, my dream and I absolutely love it, especially when natural. Its fairy-like and it makes me stand out more, but unfortunately I never feel completely satisfied with hair that is not natural, it is not MY beauty, and it is more like lying to myself and others.

Virgin hair: I like it too, but its not as special and here in sweden it is very negative ways to describe it, "rat color". Ashy dark blonde. BUT, I do think it is a beautiful colour and I love how it complement my skin and eyes. It is very cold and do actually have sort of a blue hue in certain lights. It makes me feel complete, and when my hair is all virgin, it will make me feel more special than I feel when I'm fake blonde, mostly because most girls already bleach it here.

misspurdy06
July 12th, 2012, 02:55 PM
I'm growing out my natural color so I will write about them both

Highlights: Blonde is my ideal, my dream and I absolutely love it, especially when natural. Its fairy-like and it makes me stand out more, but unfortunately I never feel completely satisfied with hair that is not natural, it is not MY beauty, and it is more like lying to myself and others.

Virgin hair: I like it too, but its not as special and here in sweden it is very negative ways to describe it, "rat color". Ashy dark blonde. BUT, I do think it is a beautiful colour and I love how it complement my skin and eyes. It is very cold and do actually have sort of a blue hue in certain lights. It makes me feel complete, and when my hair is all virgin, it will make me feel more special than I feel when I'm fake blonde, mostly because most girls already bleach it here.
I feel the same way. Thats why I use the Sun In.

Though my natural hair color is kind of a translucent blonde. If I don't dye my eye brows you can't see them. Esp in florescent light.

CurlyCurves
July 12th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Although I occasionally get tempted to dye my hair, I do love my natural colour. It's a rich dark brown that looks black sometimes. It enhances my hair's natural shine and, I think, makes me look exotic, seeing as I have dark, almond shaped eyes :-)

neko_kawaii
July 12th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Mahogany comes to mind. I have a vivid memory of being about seven years old and someone remarking that my hair was the same color as the cardboard I was sitting next to. It wasn't until I was almost out of high school that I realized my hair had darkened considerably and though it was not coppery red like the hair I idolized on my mother, it did have red glints to it. Different lighting makes the color seem very different from one moment to the next.

Mrsbaybeegurl
July 12th, 2012, 04:36 PM
My hair makes me feel sultry and flirty. I used to be a blonde and now thanks to henna I'm red. I find these are the two colors that make me feel sexy and fun. I loved my blonde but killllled my hair to maintain it (natural blonde as a kid, turned dark as a teen and was in serious denial about it for 10 years using boxed blonde color every 8 weeks to "get my hair color back" )

Red to me reminds me of Jessica rabbit (sexy- Although I know...not real lol), Shirley Manson (edgy and original) from Garbage, and Emma stone (flirty fun) And my red hair makes me feel all those traits.

It's also super cool b/c my hair sparkeles in the sun thanks to henna and I always have random people tell me how amazing my color is. After years of hair abuse from bleach/boxed dyes, flat irons and blow driers, I actually feel my hair is now one of my best features and it's a awesome feeling to have someone compliment on my hair!! :)

Othala
July 12th, 2012, 04:43 PM
My hair colour makes me feel like I am going from a non-stick frying pan (black) to a traditional French saucepan (copper). This is because I am growing out 2-step henndigo and just using Jamila henna now.

Emotionally, it makes me feel like I am controlling my own transformation. I feel a sense of power and also....fear. Fear that if for some reason the henna crops fail or henna stops being imported to the U.K I will be forced to de-transform into my grey-haired version which does not make me happy at all.

FrannyG
July 12th, 2012, 04:49 PM

I don't know how I feel about that, UpNorth. The way I figure it, if you choose the colour that you want, then even if it's not natural, it is your beauty. This of course is only my opinion, which doesn't make me think I'm right.

Many people who feel that colouring their hair is not being natural, don't seem to have a problem wearing makeup. I don't consider that to be lying to oneself or others, but it would be hypocritical to say that dyeing one's hair is not okay, but wearing makeup is.

Sometimes it's just nice to have fun with the way we look, with makeup, without makeup, with natural coloured hair or dyed hair. It's nice to have the choice.

Tisiloves
July 12th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I'm a chamelon. I'm auburn both pre and post henna (but I'm a little redder and much shinier post), so depending on lighting I'm near black to cherry red.

Mrsbaybeegurl
July 12th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I feel a sense of power and also....fear. Fear that if for some reason the henna crops fail or henna stops being imported to the U.K I will be forced to de-transform into my grey-haired version which does not make me happy at all.

LOL This!! I'm only 27 but I imagine myself growing old with henna and thought to myself how devastated I would be if for some reason it wouldn't be allowed in the US or couldn't grow anymore by the time I start to grey. I already imagine the grey will make for an amazing palate for henna to do it's magic and have had nightmare-ish like thoughts it won't be available when the greys invade lol

Kiwiwi
July 12th, 2012, 05:03 PM
I have dark brown hair. I have pretty much virgin hair. Did not dye this hair since I cut it completely short 3 years ago.
With a gorgeous dark red (some hairs even some sort of orange) glow in the sun (probably from sun damage ^_^)

It is me. It makes me feel confident, mysterious, classy, sultry and exotic (also because of my curls). It suits my skintone, my eye colour and shape. It makes me feel connected to my family. We all have the same hair colour.
It makes me feel connected to my father who passed away 3 years ago last monday. I have his curls, too. <3

Tia2010
July 12th, 2012, 05:05 PM
My natural hair is auburn-ish red. It's nice enough but it's not a red that stands out and makes you take notice... it makes me feel meek, blended and invisible.

But when my hair is dark with the red shining through I feel anything but invisable... I feel dark, mysterious and strong...I like it :D

Sweet_Decadence
July 12th, 2012, 05:13 PM
My natural hair is dark, dirty blonde, I didn't have any feels towards it either way while I had it but since I went red when I was 13 I could not possibly ever consider going back to it, I love having vibrant hair.

Having bubblegum pink hair is boss. I catch glimpse of my reflection when I'm out and it just makes me happy! I feel like a sexy, badass, piece of cotton candy, pin up girl most the time! When it fades to a pastel pink I feel very ethereal and mermaidy, which is also boss. I'd never give it up, I'd rather have pink hair than long hair when it comes down to it.

vindo
July 12th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Mezzo Mix :D

http://img.dooyoo.de/DE_DE/orig/0/3/4/6/2/346258.jpghttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-cgXhFBhBwF8/T4gnCBJiXHI/AAAAAAAAKTg/f021Daf7o7g/s144/IMG_0154.JPG

Its orange soda and coke...my hair can looks brown or orang-ish, thats why

When I used to dye my hair (red henna) it looked like cherry coke.

I don't have any other special meaning attached to my hair color.

swearnsue
July 12th, 2012, 06:43 PM
My hair is fully saturated with henna and is now a dark cherry BUT the silvers become a dark coppery red. This makes me look forward to getting older and growing more silvers because they are the prettiest color with all the henna! So I feel like I'm patient and have a secret.

JellyBene
July 12th, 2012, 11:05 PM
My haircolor is a dark shiny black. To me it is something I can always be confident in and it makes me feel unique and like aI stand out because I naturally have very fair skin and freckles and i enjoy the dramatic contrast between the black hair and my light skin.

misspurdy06
July 12th, 2012, 11:11 PM
I have dark brown hair. I have pretty much virgin hair. Did not dye this hair since I cut it completely short 3 years ago.
With a gorgeous dark red (some hairs even some sort of orange) glow in the sun (probably from sun damage ^_^)

It is me. It makes me feel confident, mysterious, classy, sultry and exotic (also because of my curls). It suits my skintone, my eye colour and shape. It makes me feel connected to my family. We all have the same hair colour.
It makes me feel connected to my father who passed away 3 years ago last monday. I have his curls, too. <3
That's beautiful.

jellycatty
July 12th, 2012, 11:29 PM
My hair is dark brown (almost black). It's boring. I usually dye my fringe a brighter colour, I like the contrast.

Bene
July 12th, 2012, 11:36 PM
My hair color has no meaning to me. I don't think about it. I'd be lying if I said it meant anything, and I'm far too lazy to make something up.

Kyla
July 12th, 2012, 11:45 PM
I used to not care for my hair color, as it was considered by me to be "just brown." However, I get some pretty highlights in the Summer, and there is some red mixed in there too as well. I like that it has depth, I suppose? It also can give off a golden gleam, which I really like.

misspurdy06
July 12th, 2012, 11:54 PM
I used to not care for my hair color, as it was considered by me to be "just brown." However, I get some pretty highlights in the Summer, and there is some red mixed in there too as well. I like that it has depth, I suppose? It also can give off a golden gleam, which I really like.
Yes, but how does it make you feel?

Beautiful? Different? Connected to your family? Your heritage?

IvanaGil
July 13th, 2012, 12:01 AM
My hair is a light brown-ish sometimes auburn looking color. It is all natural, so just the fact that I know it's virgin, it makes me feel good about myself. I definitely love my color, but sometimes I wish I was more on the red side. My color changes a lot depending on the light, which I love.
My mom loves my hair color and she's always complimenting it, so it definitely feels nice. I think my hair color is definitely a great representation of my heritage since my mom got the whole pitch black Mayan color while my dad has a dark blonde Spanish tone, so my hair is what I consider to be the perfect mix of both.
Even though I would love to be a ginger, I don't think I would change my color :)

spidermom
July 13th, 2012, 12:05 AM
I love my color. It's always been a mid-range, sunny golden blonde, and I got so much positive feedback about it that I haven't been much tempted to color it.

Now it's going silvery blonde, and I like the new color even better, if that's possible. My favorite thing about the color is that sometimes I'll be sitting in the darkened bedroom combing it out before bed, and my hair manages to catch any light that's in the room and glow. It's like fiberoptics!

anime_length
July 13th, 2012, 12:40 AM
My hair is virgin and very dark, not black but dark. Like being in a forest at night. My skin used to be very fair before I moved to Arizona where it's always sunny, and i used to like the contrast. The contrast is still there of course, just not as much. I have brown/red eyes and it all seems to match well.

I think about dying my hair but only because I'm bored with life, not with my hair.

The truth is that I identify with my hair color: dark and soulful.

anime_length
July 13th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Although, honestly, I can't wait to turn white or grey. I think that would be so cool. I don't understand why people don't like it.

sunshine-locks
July 13th, 2012, 05:17 AM
My natural hair is a honey blonde which is ashy in some parts and warm in others, it's really unique and I can't wait for it to all grow out (it currently has some faded red/purple in it, mainly on the fringe) It makes me feel like an elf :)

Of the Fae
July 13th, 2012, 05:31 AM
This sounds like me! My naturel haircolor is medium brown and with henna my hair is burgundy red. But the color is different in every light, from copper to very dark red. That's the fun thing about henna, it's never a flat or boring color.
I love my henna haircolor. I have been dying it with henna for over 2,5 years and I have no regrets. I like the messy process of henna and the results are pretty awesome. Not only has it changed my haircolor, but my hair is much smoother and all my frizz is gone. And no more dandruff as well.
First I wanted really bright red hair, but it turned into burgundy and now it's very dark, but I actually like that even more.

Yes :)
Although mine is preferably a copperish golden deepred tone (varying in light)
I am so happy I have henna to help me grow and make my hair thicker and deeper in colour.
My natural colour is kind of a sandy/ashy blonde depending on the season, but I've never liked it on myself, I found it dull and have been trying every colour in the world on my hair :P
But I kept going back to red, as it works best on my almost white skin. It looks like I grew it myself, and that is why I love henna best: it is and looks natural. My haircolour makes me feel beautiful, vibrant and otherworldly because of the shimmer that is different in every light (I hope I don't sound like an idiot now)

Mayflower
July 13th, 2012, 06:47 AM
My natural colour ranges from dark blonde to light brown. I used to describe it as "ashy", but looking back at it it's actually really golden. I would say my base colour is a light golden brown, and from about the top of my ears I had a lot of natural highlights, so especially in the summer I had dark golden blonde hair.
It used to make me feel boring but I think I might go back to it.

Now I have dark brown hair (or soft-black when it's freshly henndigoed) and it gives off such a different vibe! It makes me feel mysterious because very dark hair is such a striking colour. I get tons of compliments on the combination dark hair - blue eyes. People always confuse it for my natural colour because my eyebrows and eyelashed are dark too. I don't know. For as long as I can remember, I've found long dark hair to be the prettiest thing ever. :p It can look very exotic, even on pale people (like myself).

So I guess I love my colour now the most, but at the same time I want to enjoy my own colour for a bit too, before I go grey.

Avital88
July 13th, 2012, 06:56 AM
haha as my brother says . your hair is like a persian rug..
We used to have one in the living room when we grew up ,it had multiple colors,mostly brown and reddish,just like my hair.
So i like to think it as that, oriental blend growing out of my head..

if you dont know what im talking about :p
http://www.iranreview.org/file/cms/files/persian-rug.jpg

onlyforhim
July 13th, 2012, 06:58 AM
my hair is very dark almost black at the top of my head but in the sun it is brown with little red tones i guess..
i love dark hair as in our culture it is always complimented in poems and novels etc etc. a woman's hair that is dark is always seen as the night...where a man can rest ..cover...etc. (hope this doesn't sound so cheesy).
dark hair also contrasts nicely with skin color and brings out the color of the eyes.

white.chocolate
July 13th, 2012, 07:13 AM
My hair color reminds me of.... me. Just me. It doesn't have any other significance. I've never dyed my hair. It's always been the same color, so I grew up with it. I don't find anything special about its color. In fact, I find it to be dull, boring, and rather lifeless. Under the sun it's obviously lighter but that doesn't make me any happier. I've always preferred having orange-tinged hair, or hair of a different shade of brown. I sometimes think of doing Henna, but I don't have the courage. (I definitely know that that won't suit me!) In the end, I know I won't ever change the color of my hair, how ever much I want to. I'll just keep it as it is. And I think that's all very nice. :)

zombi
July 13th, 2012, 07:34 AM
My natural strawberry blonde just makes me sad because it used to be much redder when I was a child -- faded some with puberty, just like my mom's. It's still strawberry blonde, it's just less strawberry now. When I henna it back to copper, it feels NORMAL and like it's supposed to be again. So it makes me feel pretty and happy.

jacqueline101
July 13th, 2012, 07:44 AM
I love my blondette hair and the power I feel. I love the mix of light and dark. My hair is unique always changing colors.

Trivial
July 13th, 2012, 07:59 AM
My true color is hiding... I'm so curios about how it will look. I just have a sneek view at the couple of inches I can see by the roots. It seems like it has gotten darker by age, and I also can see two white strands. When I was younger I had midbrown hair and now it seems more dark and ashy. No more artificial colors from a few months back!

(Excuse my spelling and grammar, english is not my native language)

auroraclio
July 13th, 2012, 08:02 AM
My hair is medium ash brown, I always hated how mousey it looks so I dyed it for over 10 years to a more auburn color. Now that i'm letting it grow out I realize how much it compliments my pale skin and freckles. Starting to love it :-)

misspurdy06
July 13th, 2012, 08:17 AM
My true color is hiding... I'm so curios about how it will look. I just have a sneek view at the couple of inches I can see by the roots. It seems like it has gotten darker by age, and I also can see two white strands. When I was younger I had midbrown hair and now it seems more dark and ashy. No more artificial colors from a few months back!

(Excuse my spelling and grammar, english is not my native language)
Yes but how does the color make you feel?

For instance like I said before my color makes me think of sunshine. Others say their color makes them feel elegant or connected to their family.

So come on....Out with it........

kitcatsmeow
July 13th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Blondette here! I have natural golden and pale (white almost) highlights and some darker pieces as well. I love being blonde which is probably why I bleached it lighter but my natural color really makes my eyes pop blue. Blonde makes me feel young and wild and free. I also agree that being blonde is a ticket to wearing no make up although I think that has to do with the complimentary skin tone because natural brunettes and red heads also look beautiful sans make up!

Silken
July 13th, 2012, 09:53 AM
My hair is very dark brown, and that's what looks best with my skin tone. I like it.

riceball
July 13th, 2012, 10:06 AM
My hair is very dark brown, almost black. I have always found it a complete bore, but it does make my eye color "pop" and people often compliment me on them..

I really really feel happy and bouncy when I have freshly hennaed hair. It leaves the length and tips of my hair (which were lightened) a vibrant red/auburn tone! Yeah, I am a sucker for the ombre look too, with my dark brown roots. :D

Five of Five
July 13th, 2012, 09:06 PM
My hair is light - medium blonde. It makes me feel enigmatic, camouflaged, difficult and rebellious, as I am about as far away from people's initial expectations of a 'blonde' as possible. People sometimes talk negatively about blondes to me thinking I won't be offended, as if I don't count as a real blonde or something :confused:.

TheMechaGinger
July 13th, 2012, 09:11 PM
I love my red hair! Haha it makes me feel sexy, like I'm some kind of femme fatale or gorgeous bond girl or something. I wouldn't trade it in for anything

Hollyfire3
July 13th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Having brunette hair makes me feel powerful and beauitful. I think the warm rich red tones my hair has in the sun makes it unique and different. I am proud of my dark chestnut hair, because it represents that I am different kind of beauty, I may not look like everyone else, but I am myself, and that is how I like it. I think that my hair makes my eyes shine and stand out (they are amber brown.) Also, having dark brown red hair makes me feel like a cat because I could see a cat with my color fur and amber eyes. It also makes me so happy to have hair the color of Piper's from Charmed. Overall, I just love my hair color.

owlathena
July 13th, 2012, 09:42 PM
I have dark burgundyish hennaed hair. I think the red color is fun and expressive of my personality and the darkness makes my facial features more prominent than when I had lighter colored hair. Its naturally medium ashy brown, which is ok too.

rena
July 13th, 2012, 10:04 PM
My hair is two colors right now. My ends are a bright coppery orangey brown compared to my medium-dark brown roots. The color on the ends is so pretty, all reddish like a new penny, while the roots' color is pretty bland in comparison.

But...My dark roots are so silky soft and smooth. I associate this color with health and physical newness, something that is very important and valuable to me right now. The reddish, coppery ends are pretty, but that's where their beauty ends, as they are also terribly damaged, stripped, and beyond hope, which is how they got to be that color in the first place.

So, even if my new, natural shade may be somewhat less "exciting" visually, and even though I would love to have the color the ends are now (without the damage of course :D) I believe I actually love my real color the most, and always will, because it is the color of health. Besides, I don't think I could do red or reddish hair very well, because of my warm skin tone :p.

nantang
July 13th, 2012, 10:42 PM
My hair is boring brown!

It's that coffee brown between Red and Brunette. I mean really, it's so neutral it bores me. I don't know enough about taking care of my hair to feel safe enough changing its color, I'm afraid I'll destroy it or something haha.

But I've always wanted deep crimson red! Red for passion, the color of blood and vitality, bold and imposing.... I have an overactive imagination xD

kam.pearson
July 13th, 2012, 11:07 PM
My natural hair is the exact color of cardboard...sorry no pictures yet. I dyed it red and then a dark brown and I've been growing out natural for a while and now my natural looks almost gray in comparison with the rich brown color. Blah!

~honeyflower~
July 13th, 2012, 11:48 PM
My dark chocolate hair suites me well, I am quiet, sweet and determine. :cool:

BanNee's Hair
July 13th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Well, I'm naturally off-black. I sorta like having a warm black than my cooler-haired sisters. But then I had blonde hair, went for a warm brown but oh-well, in the middle of the school year.
Because I felt like I didn't want to continue being the person I was then; which was my grades going down and being a slutty-biotch to everybody.
So I decided to trust my hair in changing who I am.
I managed to hold a 3.2 GPA till summer, considering I started with a 3.8 then 3.6 then 3.4 and whew~ a lot of sleepless nights. I also managed to get tight with my friends again and the teachers I disappointed.

To sum it all; my hair color has been a life saver.
Now I'm a mahogany brown now. I was sort of rocking the Peyton-look, with all the curlies. Now I'm going for Brooke. :))))

AcornMystic
July 14th, 2012, 02:29 AM
I like my hair colour because it makes me think of a chocolate waterfall getting longer as it grows and it even has slight body/curl/wave to give it some motion. I have dark brown hair really dark low lights to almost black, like the richest percent of dark chocolate then with chestnut highlights. It gives that chocolate a bit of dimension with that reddish nuttiness, for lack of a better word lol. There is the occasional silvery looking hair that pokes out from the thin little mass which keeps you guessing and adds a fantasy kinda look, I think. I also have a bit of a silver sheen. It just makes me think of edible chocolate, like Willy Wonka's chocolate waterfall, wee!! so that is where my album name comes from, not Wonka's waterfall but.. you know what I mean. :D:p

sometimesginger
July 14th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I've always said I want to be a natural redhead - but secretly, I love my dark brown hair. It's brown-red-blonde. It's dark, dark brown, but has natural red and blonde highlights in it. If I were ever to dye it, I'd go an ashy blonde colour.

Angel Barchild
July 14th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I'm a classic ginger, a litter darker than my father's hair (his is road cone orange). I've dyed it every color under the sun in the past, but now I just go different shades of red. I always wanted my mother's hair, she has pale skin, green eyes, and black hair. I went black once but the upkeep on it was way to much work for me.

Shermie Girl
July 14th, 2012, 07:54 PM
I am a blonde. Born that way, now thanks to some righteous chemicals. Blonde hair feels natural to me, it suits my skin tone and my personality. If I get crazy and change my colour, I feel strange, my hair feels like an alien thing and I can't stop chafing against my hair colour until I get it back to where it belongs. :D

secondrain
July 14th, 2012, 09:00 PM
My hair is dark brown with some slightly lighter, caramel-ish streaks around my face. In bright sunshine there's a bit of copper that shines through, which may or may not be a genetic gift from my redheaded great grandpa.

If I ever decide to cast a spell in a forest at midnight, the color of my hair assures me of having a suitably dramatic look for the occasion :)

I love this thread, btw.

Zéphine
July 14th, 2012, 10:07 PM
I don't associate my hair color with any personality traits, since basically everyone in my ethnicity also has very dark hair. It goes very well with my features and overall coloring.

YumiYume
July 15th, 2012, 02:51 PM
My natural haircolour that is my outgrowth makes me feel ugly, unkept, ugly, boring, ugly, poor(because i cant afford henna since I am still "looking for a job" and that colour reminds me of that) and "washed out" but happy at the same time because it show me that the hair is growing and that is what I want. The colour on the rest of my hair on the other hand makes me feel pretty and a bit unice, it is the result I got after bleaching a dark plum colour away 3 month ago but I think it suits me, It makes me also feel a little bit beautiful because it maches my overall apperence and colour, I do have freckles and a really light light but warmtoned skin and with the haircolour it make me feel doll-like, and not ghost-like that other dark colours made me feel (like dark brown, dark purple). I would love to henna it in copper-tone to keep that feeling. (in real life the colour is faded and very washed out but I do like it anyway, but in pictures it is awesome) It makes me feel comfortable with myself and I can feel like I am showing myself (still got some chlothproblem but my hair colour helps the feeling anyway and I do have red genes but it does not show in my natural rat-blonde-greyish colour)

It is nice to read how your colours makes you feel :)!

Talventorni
July 15th, 2012, 05:51 PM
My hair is naturally a medium brown, which is darker at the top and lighter at the bottom, with the ends turning blonde-ish in the sun. I'm fairly fond of it, but I'd feel prettier with blonde hair, so I've been debating treating it with Sun In. I like the brown, but it feels pretty plain and normal compared to the people I know, who also have mostly brown hair. The lighter streaks make me feel Eastern European (which I am).

ahrph
July 15th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Mine is very dark brown, with a reddish tint towards the bottom. I kinda prefer the bottom as is seems warmer but am far too gutless to dye. There a more and more grey's and whites each year too. I call them my natural highlights ;). I like it dark, it's different than most everyone else I know, well besides my family.

Habitual
July 15th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Having red hair has always been really important to me (well, since I stopped dying it purple and green :P ). My natural color is like a really old penny--dark brown with a slight copper glint. But to me, red hair symbolizes that I'm a person with strong desires of my own. I henna every 3-6 months and my natural color blends in pretty well as it grows out.

anitacs9101
July 16th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Having naturally red hair makes me feel fiesty and mysterious I guess :laugh:? I think it goes well with my freckles and coral undertones. I feel very lucky that my hair is still very red because I know a lot of redheads experience fading throughout their teen years. I am very proud of my hair and I wouldn't feel like myself if I wasn't a redhead. I haven't always been so happy with my red hair because I was teased quite a bit because of it as a child and young teen. But I've grown to love it. :flower:
:agape:
your hair...it's so...beautiful... xDD

My hair is also a "blonette" colour as battles described. The colour is very subjective depending on the light I'm in. In a natural dull light it looks quite dark, like a medium brown but can go quite light and golden looking in bright sun-light so I think it's pretty unique :D I'm like a hair colour chameleon haha :D I'm very glad I'm growing my natural hair colour out as it feels so much more natural to me and softens my look.

My DBF's hair to me is like black velvet because it is SO thick, he just has so much dark hair! It's also quite soft. Though he is getting so many white sparkly hairs which we call his magic hairs :p

Omg so prettyyy!! I love your color!

My natural color is medium brown, although I dyed reddish it a couple of times and now it's very golden brown. I like both colors although sometimes I miss my neutral brown very much :( Eventually I would like to have about WL virgin hair. I love brunette hair though. Maybe I'm biased but I think it's one of the best hair colors lol. Although I like them all :D

luxepiggy
July 16th, 2012, 03:46 PM
My hair is dyed blue-black, with royal blue ombr&#233; tips. It makes me feel like a modern-day femme fatale: striking and bold, wrapped in an air of mystery, with a delicious undercurrent of danger hiding beneath the sleek and polished exterior ....KWIM? ;)

Someone pass me a cherry-red lippie! (^(oo)~)

amanda_the_tall
July 16th, 2012, 06:21 PM
My natural hair is the exact color of cardboard...sorry no pictures yet. I dyed it red and then a dark brown and I've been growing out natural for a while and now my natural looks almost gray in comparison with the rich brown color. Blah!

me too! exactly the same situation as well, except i used a semi permanent which doesn't want to leave either. it's between medium and light brown, and it seems half the people at my old school had the same color. i've always wanted darker brown hair. my natural color is very... boring to me. never been complimented on it, but no one has said it's ugly either.

Maelyssa
July 17th, 2012, 08:17 PM
My natural color is a golden light brown. I experimented with henna this spring and liked it but it really wasn't me so now in my attempt to bring back the brown I'll have to say I'm medium brown with just a glisten of fiery red when the light catches it just so.

I actually love the brown. I makes me feel strong, sensual and seductive. I makes me feel powerful and connected to the earth and the woods. Sadly, I grew up hating it and using Sun-In from 6th grade to very early 20s because absolutely everyone around me convinced me blond was beautiful, brown was boring. When igot pregnant my child was more important than chemicals from dye and I slowly transitioned back to brown.

Vanille_
July 17th, 2012, 08:26 PM
I love seeing these great adjectives like seductive, mysterious, sexy - very cool!

My color choice is Manic Panic Vampire Red on unbleached brown hair. In normal inside to low lights, it looks natural. In bright lights or the sun, it really pops. I like the innocent brunette and the slightly daring red. It's not crazy, but I like to think it exhudes a boldness.

riceball
July 17th, 2012, 08:28 PM
I don't associate my hair color with any personality traits, since basically everyone in my ethnicity also has very dark hair. It goes very well with my features and overall coloring.

I appreciate this. I feel the same way.

Sometimes I resent that certain hair colors get assigned certain personality traits in American culture. Some ethnicities really only get black and very dark brown.

Still..I personally get bored with the same dark hair all the time. :( I'm glad you seem content with it!

AnnaJamila
July 17th, 2012, 08:48 PM
I dye it dark burgundy- it makes me think of garnets and looks nice with pink! (I like pink.)

based goddess
July 17th, 2012, 09:32 PM
It used to be black but when I was younger it went to a dark brown, I hate the brown but when it was black, I felt so dark and sexy, I'm have ivory skin so it really suited me too.

holothuroidea
July 17th, 2012, 10:01 PM
My hair color makes me feel confused! I don't know if I'll ever know what to call it. :laugh:

But seriously, my brown-blonde-redish-ashy hair is new to me as I haven't grown it out since I was 14, so it makes me feel more connected to myself. Or at least the self that exists when all the frivolities of the world are stripped away. I feel connected to the core of who I am, if that makes any sense.

HintOfMint
July 17th, 2012, 10:48 PM
I have different feelings about my dark, almost black hair at different times.

I'm of Indian descent, so that's pretty much the only color option for my ethnicity, so it may be strange to assign a feeling to my hair color. But I was raised in the US, so I have absorbed the American culture that assigns a variety of feelings/characteristics to hair color, so I'll bite.

Sometimes I feel mysterious and otherworldly because of my haircolor, combined with its length.

But it's weird, most of the time, my hair color makes me feel really wholesome. I know it goes against so much of what people say about dark hair, but I feel almost innocent having dark hair that hasn't touched dye and just is. I'm not trying to make it anything other than what I have naturally so it makes me feel very authentic.

ladylowtide
July 17th, 2012, 11:13 PM
My dark brown naturally ashy now hennaed hair makes me feel... like royalty!

DaniVerde
July 18th, 2012, 12:35 AM
My hair color makes me feel confused! I don't know if I'll ever know what to call it. :laugh:

But seriously, my brown-blonde-redish-ashy hair is new to me as I haven't grown it out since I was 14, so it makes me feel more connected to myself. Or at least the self that exists when all the frivolities of the world are stripped away. I feel connected to the core of who I am, if that makes any sense.

I think that I have the exact same color you do, holo! It's reddish, brown-blonde and also ashy, all at the same time. I don't know what to call it either :p

Now I'm a bottle blonde...and I'm torn. I loooove my new hair color, I've always wanted to play with my color and never have, so this is new for me.

I feel beautiful, noticed, different...but also fake. My mom and sister are natural blondes, my dad had the same natural hair color that I do. My mom is very anti-hair coloring, so I grew up hearing her opinion all the time, and it's made an impression. I feel like I'm doing something wrong, but at the same time I love it. And I feel a bit divorced from my Mediterranean ethnicity...like I'm trying to deny who I am. Which is silly, since one look at these features tells that I'm Italian, no matter what color my hair is.

Wow, who would've thought that hair color could be so complicated? :D

sakuraemily
July 18th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Having dark hair makes me feel elegant and powerful.. not really sure why, but I love it :)

Same here. But its kinda difficult to feel much in a country where everyone has dark hair very close to your own shade.

Sunny Elf
July 21st, 2012, 01:13 PM
Naturally, my hair is ashy-brownish-reddish-blonde, but I henna, so it's a fairly bright red. I love it in the sun when it looks bright and coppery, because it makes me feel wild and free (I've been told my hair looks like a lions mane). :D

MeowScat
July 21st, 2012, 03:14 PM
I'm a brunette, but I'm very pale. I've been noticing lately how dark it is. I had always considered it "mousy brown", but my thoughts on that have been changing.

When I tried blonde, I looked like Casper, when I tried black, I looked goth. Red was flattering and I got the most compliments but it faded too fast to keep up with.

I'm finally happy with my natural color (about time!). It makes me feel not so washed out and my hair is really the only thing I have confidence in. It also matches my brown eyes so I feel more "coordinated".

I'm not great at matching my clothes, but at least my DNA matched my eyes, brows, and hair!

prismfaerie
July 21st, 2012, 03:30 PM
I have jet black hair, and during my good hair days, it's really glossy. For some reason, I've always thought of my dark hair as a kind of cape, even as an invisibility cape in the night... And cuz I get moody sometimes, I think it reflects my personality :)

I really love my hair colour - that being said, I think it would be fun to experience another one... Golden and sunny like blond hair, fiery like red hair, romantic like auburn hair, warm and comforting like brown hair...

MiamiPineapple
July 21st, 2012, 04:03 PM
I was in one of my accounts for work and one of the girls there told me that "your hair is the color of your soul"....I guess that sucks for me! lol

gratitudinous
July 21st, 2012, 07:52 PM
Naturally, my hair is ashy-brownish-reddish-blonde, but I henna, so it's a fairly bright red. I love it in the sun when it looks bright and coppery, because it makes me feel wild and free (I've been told my hair looks like a lions mane). :D (bolded by me)

I love this! :D That's how I feel about my own henna color!
Naturally I have basically the same color, Sunny Elf, and I think it's beautiful but I'm a redhead at heart. :)

froglet
July 21st, 2012, 09:55 PM
I have colored my hair for most of my adult life, usually I dyed it dark brown or hendigoed it black-brown cherry. A somewhat dramatic look, which suited my nature and coloring.

I recently finished growing out my natural color, which is a very pretty (but not striking) med-dark brown with an ashy base and the occasional copper strands. What I LOVE about it are my gray streaks. Where I live, it is so rare for a woman my age to allow her gray to show, and it makes me feel powerful, confident, and unique. My gray hair plus my stretched lobes give me the feeling that I am constantly projecting a "you can't pigeonhole me, so kiss it" aura.

CurlyCap
July 21st, 2012, 10:06 PM
I sort of hate my hair color. I wish it was black, but actually it's only almost black. It drives me batty when I think about it, so I don't.

I always thought true jet black hair was the most gorgeous color. It's almost impossible to achieve. Most "black" hair I see is actually dark brown or sun damaged and therefore lightened.

Becky9679
July 22nd, 2012, 04:25 AM
My hair has been black (or as close as it's possible for me to get to black) since I was about 18 years old, apart from a spell of a couple of years where I grew it out natural then dyed it with a chemical red to see how it looked and hated it.

Don't get me wrong, I do like my natural hair colour (see here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7821&pictureid=108200) for a photo) but black just makes me feel like me. I feel wrong with any colour other than black. I remember the sense of relief when I finally dyed it back to black again, looking in the mirror and thinking 'Oh hello, I remember you'.

schweedie
July 22nd, 2012, 05:32 AM
Now that my hair is longer I've found that the length is much warmer than it used to be, a rather deep gold/honey blonde. How it makes me feel differs, though. On a bad day I think it's dreadful and brassy, and want to go for honey lightening and purple shampoos, but on a good day....

On a good day it makes me feel like some sort of Disney princess, like I have hair of gold. It makes me feel warm and bright, and rather unusual - I don't often see my shade of blonde on people out and about. If other people have the same colour, it seems they usually go for highlighting it instead. Sometimes it makes me feel like I'm the one who's out of touch and that I must look ridiculous to them, but more often it makes me proud of my colour.

Suze2012
July 22nd, 2012, 05:54 AM
I don't quite know what colour to call my hair.
It's light/medium brown at the top and then changes all the way down. I stood in the sun and 'investigated' it the other day and at the ends I have mostly a golden colour but with streaks of the darker brown and also really light blonde in there.

I 'think' I would be called mousey if anyone had to pick a colour but I have been labelled as brown, blonde and strawberry blonde in the past..so..I dunno! Lol!

It seems to suit me and my pale (with a few freckles) complexion though. :0)

Mischamiu
July 22nd, 2012, 09:43 AM
My hair is a light/medium brown with some lighter highlights, I get some compliments on it especially from my family and friends because it looks like I had highlights done, however I would like it to be a bit more fair with more highlits of difference colors, I love hair that has a lot going on :D

Sunny Elf
July 22nd, 2012, 11:13 AM
gratitudinous, I'm a redhead at heart, too :D

domisimone
July 22nd, 2012, 11:25 AM
I would never die my hair, because in the summer my ends turn auburn! The thought of the red-ish undertones coming out keeps me going through the winter.

misspurdy06
July 22nd, 2012, 12:12 PM
I don't care about your description of your hair! God! How many times do I have to say that! Don't you people read the topic?!?!

I don't mean to blow up like this but you guys are bringing it out of me.

Why do you make me be mean to you!?!

Come on! You are better than that!

Pay attention or don't waste my time!

I say my blonde hair is like rays of sunshine and happiness growing out of my head!

Do you see a difference in what I said compared to....

" Oh i have blonde hair with shiny white highlights and dark gold low lights and that is cool."

!COME ON!

xoxophelia
July 22nd, 2012, 12:15 PM
I don't care about your description of your hair! God! How many times do I have to say that! Don't you people read the topic?!?!

I say my blonde hair is like rays of sunshine and happiness growing out of my head!

" Oh i have blonde hair with shiny white highlights and dark gold low lights and that is cool."

!COME ON!

Is this a joke?

DaniVerde
July 22nd, 2012, 12:20 PM

!COME ON!

Well, I told you how my hair made me feel, and I got no response...so I suppose that was wasting your time, too?

misspurdy06
July 22nd, 2012, 12:26 PM
Well, I told you how my hair made me feel, and I got no response...so I suppose that was wasting your time, too?
Obviously this wasn't meant for everyone.

Some of you got the point of this topic most didn't.

And you can't fault me for being honest.

I just want people to get in the spirit of the thread.

To have a voice. To have something to say.

Nothin wrong with that.

Also inflection is hard to translate in text. Please don't be mad at me.

I just want more. If that is wrong then what am supposed to do? Give up? Or wrench it out of you?

DaniVerde
July 22nd, 2012, 12:29 PM
Obviously this wasn't meant for everyone.

Some of you got the point of this topic most didn't.

And you can't fault me for being honest.

I just want people to get in the spirit of the thread.

To have a voice. To have something to say.

Nothin wrong with that.

Threads get derailed. It happens. No reason to get snappy when people are enjoying themselves.

term122
July 22nd, 2012, 12:42 PM
My hair is brown like muddy waters cascading from the plateau of the heavens and dangling precariously, suspended like a greasy glacier above the distant mortal world at my feet.

misspurdy06
July 22nd, 2012, 12:46 PM
:smooch::graduate::deal::rockerdud:bowtome:
My hair is brown like muddy waters cascading from the plateau of the heavens and dangling precariously, suspended like a greasy glacier above the distant mortal world at my feet.
Bravo!

Dorothy
July 22nd, 2012, 01:39 PM
I have henna'd hair, over greying dark brown hair. My hair is dark brown at the nape of my neck, and all Henna bright red at my bangs at the forhead, with a gradual transition between the two. I enjoy this ombre look, and how complex it looks put up, because of the different colors. It reminds me of a beautiful wood grain, perhaps cherry. Being inside my hair looking out, in the sun and wind, glowing orange strands float around my field of vision. This makes me feel happy, and I get happier the longer it gets.

Kristin
July 22nd, 2012, 02:41 PM
I love my natural dark brown! It makes me feel sexy and exotic, and reminds me of dark chocolate. I really love that it reflects so much light, it can't help but look shiny. I also like the weird, stubborn reddish section at my nape. I like the fact that nothing- not chemical color or henna- will stick to it; very representative of my own steadfastness (or stubbornness, some might argue). :)

akuamoonmaui
July 22nd, 2012, 05:33 PM
My hair is a dark ginger naturally with brown undertones until lightened (which is easily done either in the sun or with help). I am getting sparkles and am not thrilled so have been henna-ing (thanks to LHC!) with an indigo/henna mix which gives me beautiful reddish/brownish/auburn. It's the hair color I've always wanted so it makes me feel happy and pretty.

Rini
July 22nd, 2012, 06:10 PM
I love having silver hair. I can honestly say its the best colour hair I've ever had .....and I've tried pretty much every colour over the years!. I love how unusual it is (for my age). Sometimes silver hair makes me feel rebellious and powerful. Other times I feel magical and spiritual. It is somehow more than just a hair colour for me and makes a statement about who I am and my choices in life.

Rini
July 22nd, 2012, 11:42 PM

!COME ON!

Gosh, that's incredibly rude. I don't know how else to take that :confused:

MissAlida
July 22nd, 2012, 11:50 PM
My hair is a dark brown color, that shines a red glow in direct sunlight. It lookes as if red flames crept up between the tresses. I love my hair color, it can be pretty shiny. Also, with my dark eyes, it gives a nice contrast to my face, even tough I'm olive skinned. That's probably the only thing I wouldn't change about my hair, the color. I wanted to try henna, but was too afraid, that it would change my hair color into a red, and that would have looked terrible with my skin.

Lucky_Lucy
July 23rd, 2012, 05:26 PM
My hair is I guess a colour called 'darkest brown'. It used to be really really black, but it got lighter over time(naturally, I mean). Right now I'm struggling to make it lighter and well I want to dye it red actually(I've wanted this for like my whole life).
My natural hair colour makes me feel...sometimes mysterious and different. But most of the time it makes me feel insecure and shy. I don't know why that is, maybe just because I've always wanted to have red hair and I just can't have it without a permanent chemical hair dye. I can't help thinking that if I had light brown hair for example, I could just dye it with henna or a semipermanent hair dye and it would be bright red. :o

!COME ON!

Sweetheart, no one is making you mean. That is your choice, regardless of what people say or do, it is your choice how to react. I'm not trying to criticize you or anything. I get it that you were just being honest, and it's OK to get annoyed when you were expecting something else from this thread, especially because you mentioned exactly what you wanted to hear. However, there's always a better way to say what's on your mind; at least in a way that won't offend others. I hope you understand what I mean. :flower:

silverthread
July 23rd, 2012, 05:37 PM

!COME ON!

Aw, MissPurdy06 be bumptious ...

misspurdy06
July 23rd, 2012, 05:38 PM
My hair is I guess a colour called 'darkest brown'. It used to be really really black, but it got lighter over time(naturally, I mean). Right now I'm struggling to make it lighter and well I want to dye it red actually(I've wanted this for like my whole life).
My natural hair colour makes me feel...sometimes mysterious and different. But most of the time it makes me feel insecure and shy. I don't know why that is, maybe just because I've always wanted to have red hair and I just can't have it without a permanent chemical hair dye. I can't help thinking that if I had light brown hair for example, I could just dye it with henna or a semipermanent hair dye and it would be bright red. :o

Sweetheart, no one is making you mean. That is your choice, regardless of what people say or do, it is your choice how to react. I'm not trying to criticize you or anything. I get it that you were just being honest, and it's OK to get annoyed when you were expecting something else from this thread, especially because you mentioned exactly what you wanted to hear. However, there's always a better way to say what's on your mind; at least in a way that won't offend others. I hope you understand what I mean. :flower:
Yes I do understand and a lot of people have taken it in a very heavy handed way.

I should have been more delicate.

I only meant to inspire and get my point across. I tried many times and this is the only way people sat up and noticed.

There is more than one way to inspire people and I employed the frustrated teacher method.

My apologies.

barely.there
July 23rd, 2012, 05:57 PM
my eyes are chocolate brown. so i've been dying my naturally dishwater colored hair to make it match up. The colors bring out my red red lips. :) I can only say that it makes me feel sexy.... :P not sure how else to describe it.

When I use natural dyes, I find it actually helps strengthen my hair as it is so thin...It also makes it thicker somewhat.

MagicalMystery
July 23rd, 2012, 08:04 PM
My hair naturally dark blonde, but I've gone back to a color that I always felt my best in... ginger blonde. It brings out the feisty, sassy side of me, and warms up my green eyes and yellowish skin tone. It is sort of like a really sweet scoop of vanilla ice cream with a spicy cinnamon core. haha

Ligeia_13
July 24th, 2012, 06:57 PM

!COME ON!

..wow. Maybe some people just don't feel inspired enough with their hair to write a description as colourful as yours. Don't bash.

Aeris
July 24th, 2012, 09:03 PM
I've always cherished my hair color (very dark brown with a hint of red, redder with henna). I felt very ugly when I was a child, and my hair color was the only thing I ever liked, since it was the only physical trait I had that made me stand out for a good reason (I never saw anyone with hair darker than a mousy brown). It was even darker when I was younger; essentially black.

As I've gotten older I associate it with so much more - it feels dark, romantic, and sexy. It definitely makes me feel beautiful when nothing else does. Plus it reminds me of rich dark chocolate and espresso :)

It does also make me feel more connected to my family. My maternal grandfather had black hair, and my grandma had auburn hair, and my mom and siblings and I all ended up with a mix of their colors.

Shepherdess
July 24th, 2012, 09:55 PM
My natural hair color seems to come out a dark honey blonde. But the rest of my hair which has been exposed to the sunlight longer seems to have a deep golden glow to it in the bright light with strawberry tinges throughout while also curling all over. So these qualities of my hair color and texture makes me feel like I'm from a fairytale, I think it also makes me feel somewhat mysterious. The texture and color make me feel young and innocent, while also making me feel free-spirited.

None of my siblings hair color is really the same, all of us have different shades of blonde (some of my siblings have light brown) so it also makes me feel unique in a way.