PDA

View Full Version : My baby wants to grow his hair long!!

whiteisle
August 3rd, 2008, 08:21 PM
I'm just giddy all over! I wanted to take my kids to get their hair trimmed the other day and neither one wanted to do so (2 year old DD and 4 year old DS - go figure!) DS proceeds to announce that he wants his hair long. What???? Really???? Okee-dokee!:D Ok, I'm smart enough to know that this is likely to change like the wind, however, I'm going with it! I'd love to see him with long blonde locks!

Just thought I'd share the good news, hee hee! There might be a little addition to the world-wide long hair community - yeah!

*ps - DD's hair is past her shoulders and I'm desparately trying to keep her that way if she'd stop pulling at her hair!:rolleyes: I don't get it either!:shrug:*

thankyousir74
August 3rd, 2008, 08:28 PM
That's cool, I can't wait to have a cute little boy or girl running around... :remembers age: Oh wait, yeah I can afford to wait, hehe

But yeah, congrats on raising long haired children, maybe you can teach them to braid in a couple of years :)

HappyEeyore
August 4th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Oh, that's cool! I think long hair on boys is very cute.

I've been trying to get my son to grow his hair too. :D Back when he was 5 or 6, he was into the pirate thing so he wanted his hair long enough to put into a ponytail, but he outgrew that stage before his hair got very long.

Now he is 8 and has let his hair get a little long - actually touching his shoulders - but then what does my MIL go and do? SHE GAVE HIM A MULLET!!! Aaaaargh! She hates long bangs and decided they needed a trim. Aaaaargh, I say again!

Well, at least my 6yo dd has been growing her hair along with mine - past her waist at this point. :)

My son had 2 boys on his baseball team who had long hair - one just short of bsl length (golly what do you call that on a boy?) and another who had his hair past bsl length. They were both so cute and that 2nd boy was amazing. He never put it in a ponytail and somehow could play baseball REALLY well without ever getting his hair in the way. My older dd's and I joked that he had elven hair (you know, how the elves on LOTR had hair that just never got mussed up or messy no matter how grueling a battle they fought? :D)

Anyhoo, that's my rabbit-trail musings on this topic. :)

sahiba
August 4th, 2008, 01:04 AM
That is nice.My son is 3 years old and his hair is past shoulder length and he looks really cute. So I can imagine your little ones with nice long hair. :)

whiteisle
August 4th, 2008, 05:22 AM
I'm really hoping he'll not change his mind. That's so cool about the kids playing ball - how in the world do they manage not getting it all tangled??!?:)