PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have to rinse and repeat with sulfate free shampoo?

cutiepie11
July 11th, 2012, 05:53 PM
I've noticed that when i wash my hair with sulfate free shampoo it doesn't completely clean my hair, when i go to dry it, it's still a bit dirty and it never completely dries but if i lather rinse then repeat it cleans my hair. why is this? should i switch shampoos?

swearnsue
July 11th, 2012, 06:05 PM
I need to shampoo twice especially if I've pre oiled. I think that is normal.

misspriss
July 11th, 2012, 06:06 PM
I have had sulfate free shampoos that said you should do it that way, sometimes if it doesn't feel clean I will do a quick second wash but usually not.

ETA: If you do the two wash, the first was is just like a little diluted shampoo rinse followed by a wash, or if it was unplanned, the second wash is just a shampoo-ish rinse.

lmfbs
July 11th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Nope, if I had to shampoo twice, I'd switch methods. It sounds like a total pain. Try a different sulfate free shampoo, or clarify. Or CO wash. Or use a diluted sulfate shampoo. There are lots of methods that seem way less work and drying than shampooing twice!

jojo
July 11th, 2012, 06:34 PM
I think the main reason you feel to do a second wash is that sulfate free poos tend not to lather as well, I wash twice with sulfates, though I do water it down, it's just habit for me. For those pre piling try doing a CSC wash and see if that helps.

briles
July 11th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I've been having this problem as well. I've tried a few different brands now to the the same effect. I'll be watching this thread!

Amber_Maiden
July 11th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Sometimes, like when I henna.

spidermom
July 11th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Almost never, and I pre-oil plus dilute the shampoo.

red-again
July 12th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Weleda is natural and I don't need to wash twice. One tip, make sure you have quite wet hair rub it in to the roots and ween done apply more water, rub again and then rinse. I don't ever get the greasy after feeling with weleda either.

earthnut
July 12th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Only if I've pre-oiled.

Are you massaging your scalp enough? If you're not working the shampoo into your scalp well enough, you won't be using it to its full potential.

Also, a "squeaky clean" feeling may not be the healthiest thing for your hair. Hair needs moisture to be healthy. My hair doesn't feel greasy when it's dry, but it does feel slick when it's wet. If I shampooed enough to get all that slickness out in the shower, I'd be drying my hair out too much and be creating frizz.

Phalaenopsis
July 12th, 2012, 02:19 AM
No, it sounds like the wrong shampoo for you. The shampoos I have clean my hair well :) There are sulfatefree shampoos that are too gentle and won't clean my hair.

I wouldn't advise Weleda, or at least not the chesntut or the rosemary shampoo. They both contain SLE's and are drying as hell. :(