PDA

View Full Version : First time scritcher and first time wearing my hair down on day 6!

kitcatsmeow
July 11th, 2012, 12:04 PM
I finally got curious about scritching and did a little research here to find out exactly what it was. Seemed like it might be useful to me since I am sulfate free and only wash about once a week, and boy was I right! I used my nails and it felt sooooo good. I could tell I was in need of some exfoliating. I do scalp massages but that's just nothing compared to scritching. I combed through and brushed after and immediately my hair felt better.

I slept in my satin cap as always and in the morning it was like silky soft day 2 hair! I even wore it down which I usually can't do past day 4 unless I dampen, oil and re wrap.

Now I'm thinking of stretching my washes to over a week. Scritching has made me ambitious! lol :p

heidi w.
July 11th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Beware of too long a stretch between hair washes. Some people can actually get a scalp skin malady from this habit; others can get mini scalp skin infections that can cause the early release of a given hair strand from the infection getting into the hair follicle itself. For reasons such asthis, I am not a big fan of too long of a wait between hair washing. To me, hair washing is a misnomer because washing hair is more of a hygienic practice for maintaining the health of the scalp skin, and Acid Mantle (you can read online about what that is....it's readily available info on the internet...a quick google search will get you results easily...)

heidi w.

kitcatsmeow
July 11th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Thanks... I don't think I would go much longer than a week for those reasons but my hair definitely doesn't like being washed more than once every 5-6 days.