PDA

View Full Version : Self Trimming/cutting Beyond the Hemline

Maelyssa
July 10th, 2012, 08:53 PM
I haven't self trimmed or seen a salon in a long time now. I have a straight hemline that mostly all one length and desperately need a change. I look frumpy.
I know what I want.
A soft U hemline and on the sides I want what they call face framing but not around the face, rather starting around the jawbone and down the rest of each side.
Can something like this be done at home by yourself or someone you trust? Anyone have any clue how?
I tried searching online but all my searches seem to bring up men's haircuts even when I put the word women or woman in the search.

If I can't do this at home without a huge chance of goofing up I'll definitely see a stylist. I'd just rather learn how to do it myself if I could.

spidermom
July 10th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I know you can get a U-hem by dividing your hair in half, comb each side smoothly forward, combine them to make a ponytail right under your chin, comb smooth again, close the length in a book, and slide the book toward the ends. Cut straight across.

If you try this, try a very small amount at first to be sure you like the shape.

As for the face framing, I'm not sure.

jacqueline101
July 10th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Feye self trimming instructions for u hem line then after that try dividing your hair into sections measure how short you want your layers and trim them use something for a straight edge.

sumidha
July 10th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Another vote for the Feye self trim method, you can find it by googling. Also, the layers you're looking for shouldn't be too hard to do yourself. Watch some youtube how-to videos and start with tiny amounts of hair. You can always cut more off later, but can't put it back. :)