PDA

View Full Version : How many times have you changed your goal length?

Jesabel
July 10th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Hey all :) I don't know if there is already a thread on this, tried searching but found nada. Just wanted to see how many times you guys have changed your goal length? What was your original goal and what is it now?

Mine started off as waist, then moved to the top of hip, then a solid hip and now I'm contemplating tailbone! Never thought I would go past hip, but LHC really distorts length perception :p

So how about you? :)

Kyla
July 10th, 2012, 08:54 PM
My first and only goal when I joined was to improve my hair health. I was at waist, but then cut to midback, decided to aim for waist....then hip...then tailbone. :p So about the same as you! Right now I'm at "can I call this tailbone yet?"

Ebrox
July 10th, 2012, 08:56 PM
My first goal was tailbone, then classic, and now is knee... :o

Tia2010
July 10th, 2012, 09:22 PM
So far just once.

My original goal was hip but now it's tailbone.

Yozhik
July 10th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Five times. :o

I first wanted BSL, then WL, then hip, but then rethought, and decided to stick around waist. Now I'm contemplating cutting back to BSL. :p

Shepherdess
July 10th, 2012, 09:32 PM
When I was a young girl I always dreamed of having hair long like Pocahontas (on the Disney film) but now I have reached/passed that length. When I first joined LHC, my goal was knee length. But now that I am getting closer to knee length, I think I'd like it a lot longer. I actually want to grow my hair as long as it will grow, just once to see how long I can get it. :p But if it reaches term soon, or has already, I guess I'll be okay with that.

Overall I think I have changed my goal 3 times. :)

maborosi
July 10th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Quite a few times, but I like to keep my goal on here constant (32") so I can feel like I accomplish something when I do get there, lol. Yeah, LHC definitely distorts length perception, haha!

~maborosi~

MrsGuther
July 10th, 2012, 09:51 PM
I think my original goal was just to get back to waist length again, and I have changed it many times. My current goal length is thick hemlined classic length. Who knows, my goal might change again several times as I gain length.

jellycatty
July 10th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Well before I joined LHC I wanted hair up to my navel, then I changed it to tailbone, now I guess I'm going for classic :D

jacqueline101
July 10th, 2012, 10:11 PM
My goal is tail bone still is.

HintOfMint
July 10th, 2012, 10:34 PM
I've entertained the thoughts of many different lengths, but officially, I've only changed my hair goal once.

I wanted to have hair down to the small of my back (hip by LHC standards) (check), and now I want TB length hair or rather hair that grazes the floor when I sit down cross-legged.

DarkCurls
July 11th, 2012, 01:48 AM
Hip... then tailbone... then classic. ^^ Honestly I just don't know anymore, so I told myself "Grow ten inches then see where you're at." When I reach 40" (it was a nice, round number), I'll either cut back to hip or keep on growing.
When I get to hip or BCL, though, I'll start feeling like I have long hair. :)

sarelis
July 11th, 2012, 02:03 AM
My hair has been between BSL & hip my whole life, when I joined it was waist & I plumped for classic length as a goal as I have never had hair that long & don't think I could cope with it being longer. I have had a couple of cuts & a trim since I joined so am still only at hip & my goal hasn't changed :)

AJoifulNoise
July 11th, 2012, 02:16 AM
My original goal was terminal, since I was never going to take scissors to my hair again. But, I did. So, then it was classic. Then I cut it really short (and enjoyed the change). Now my goal is tailbone.

Unlike most changes I've seen here, my goal has gotten shorter. That could always change, though, as I approach tailbone. Long way to go.

MonaLisa
July 11th, 2012, 02:39 AM
This is my problem, can't ever definitely decide about goal... first was TBL, then classic, then I don't want classic, then I do...and so on...basically my hair is past TBL and i don't know if i want it at hip, where it is or classic...

Zesty
July 11th, 2012, 02:59 AM
Like... 0.5 times? When I first joined I contemplated waist and hip but quickly settled on tailbone because I like it aesthetically. And now I'm sort of thinking classic, but probably won't go for that until I actually get to tailbone. So really I haven't changed yet at all. ;)

prettykitty
July 11th, 2012, 03:12 AM
Three times :) It went from waist, to BCL, to waist, to hip. I kinda freaked a little when I hit waist, all of a sudden it just seemed like so much hair and I was uncertain of my ability to care for it properly at a longer length. I'm still planning to maintain at waist for awhile, but I must grow on, it's too much fun not to!

pink.sara
July 11th, 2012, 03:59 AM
I haven't changed it really just measured incorrectly!

I thought I wanted my hair back to 36 inches as that was the length where I could finally do some of the more interesting buns, and seemed to remember 36 inches as being somewhere around waist... so my original goal was waist.

But then I measured and realised it's actually hip on me at 36 inches. So my goal is really just long enough to hold a nautilus bun with a fork or 2 sticks and no pony anchor! :)

Tristania
July 11th, 2012, 04:34 AM
When I first joined here, my plan was to regain my BCL. Now, after having seen so many extraordinary heads of hair here, I think I'll just let it grow as far as it will go. Classic length would be awesome, but I have a feeling that BCL-ish may be my terminal length. I'll just pamper it like crazy and keep my fingers crossed!

Amber_Maiden
July 11th, 2012, 05:07 AM
About every 6 months. As my hair gets longer I begin to see what I'll have to deal with. In my case, I have very thick hair, and I am starting to realize anything past TBL will be a nightmare for me to deal with.

ClassicalBlonde
July 11th, 2012, 05:11 AM
I seem to go back and forth a lot :p One minute I want to get to classic, then mid thigh, then I want to get to knee...... I can't seem to make up my mind!

Oksana
July 11th, 2012, 05:22 AM
My first goal was BSL. I got there and it seemed incredibly short so I decided to grow to waist. I'm pretty much as waist now and it doesn't seem long enough.

I don't know whether this is because I still have layers to grow out and damage to trim or whether it really is just too short. My plan is to maintain at waist until around April 2013 and then see how I feel. I have put 33" as my goal length because I am pretty sure that's where I will decided to grow.

mzBANGBANG
July 11th, 2012, 05:45 AM
I might be one of the few that changed my goal length from waist, to tailbone, back to waist, after realizing how much of a hassle anything longer would be on me. I cared a lot more before my new job, now that I am busy and stressed all the time I think "meh."

Charlotte
July 11th, 2012, 06:15 AM
I've finally made it to my goal of tailbone and now I have decided to go for classic! So that makes one goal change in the three years it's taken me to arrive at my first destination! :D :blossom:

Demi-Plum
July 11th, 2012, 06:16 AM
I've always wanted classic, but with my hair cutting phobia it might end up being knee length. I'm at TB right now about 10 inches from classic!

Mayflower
July 11th, 2012, 06:23 AM
I first wanted waist lenght hair (pre-LHC), now I want hip. Maybe I'll go for tailbone once I reach hip, but I doubt I will go for any longer than that because I don't like hair longer than tailbone (or classic). It can be pretty, but often times I just find it too much hair.:p

pepperminttea
July 11th, 2012, 06:32 AM
When I joined my goal was tailbone. It then become classic, and now it's mid-thigh; but I think my ideal length will be when I have a single English braid long enough to go around my head in a fake crown braid and tuck the tassel without the hair tie showing, which I estimate to be around mid-thigh unbraided. That's my ultimate goal more than an actual length milestone. :)

At tailbone, my braid is three-quarters of the way there - the tip of the tassel just reaches the base of the braid, but the tie is to the top of my left ear (I wrap anti-clockwise). I think that should also mean that my braid will be just above where I'd be sitting on it, going by how much length a braid eats for me now, which would be handy. :D

Guenever
July 11th, 2012, 06:35 AM
My goal has always been fingertip (50").. I'm afraid I'm never going to reach it, but it's nice to dream :)

jojo
July 11th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Twice, at first I wanted waist but when I got there it seemed so short, then I wanted classic length but now I am wondering on just letting it grow to terminal length. My reasoning is I can always cut back to a length I felt was easier if it proves too much for me, plus I'd like to do it at least once in my lifetime!

Ticky
July 11th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Hmmm... Maybe a couple. I am still unsure, though.

Miss Maisie
July 11th, 2012, 09:22 AM
My original goal was APL, but now it's BSL. I'm also contemplating MBL right now. We'll see.

duchesswannabe
July 11th, 2012, 09:29 AM
For over a year I had been at least wanting APL to BSL, but I keep cutting to APL or above. Right now I am about an inch and a half above APL. I kinda like it this way, but I might go for between APL and BSL and stay there. The longest I ever had was about tailbone; now I can just about stand BSL.

Arashi
July 11th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Years ago after I first joined LHC, I first wanted waist, then hip, then I skipped past all of the other goals and wanted knee. I didn't even get to waist before I did a big chop from damage and maintained at shoulder for a couple years to get it all healthy. :p

Now that my hair is healthy and I'm growing again, I'm keeping a reasonable goal of waist. The longer lengths certainly do tempt me, but I'm going to get to waist first and see how I enjoy it as I also grow out my layers. Then I'll re-evaluate and see if I wish to grow it longer(I likely will).

MissAlida
July 11th, 2012, 12:34 PM
My goal was waist, but I had to trim often to thicken my hemline (bad shed). So I've been on the forum for a year, had APL hair when I joined, and now I'm at BSL straight and an inch or so away from it when curly. So I changed my goal to MBL. I just hope I'll reach it in another year. My hair grows very slowly.:(

XcaliburGirl
July 11th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Hmm, something like:

Waist > Knee > Hip > Terminal > (cut to pixie, no goal) > Waist > SL+ > Waist

Now I secretly am thinking about everything in between Hip and Knee. However, since anything past Waist is "gravy", I'm keeping my goal at Waist.

Jing
July 11th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Not once. I might once I get there, but for now, waist or just below is where it's at.

UltraBella
July 11th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I keep going backwards. I was at TBL and went to waist, then mid-back, then bra strap length and then APL. Shoulders might be next ;)

MoonlightShadow
July 11th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I think I've changed it twice :/ mainly because of how I hate dealing with my hair sometimes

HappyHair87
July 11th, 2012, 02:15 PM
My first goal to reach is to be WL again....but stretched.

Then i want to grow it to that area right between WL and Hip and maintain it there. I think the longest i will grow my hair is Hip Length. I have a lot of hair and it uses TONS of conditioner already and i'm barely scraping BSL!!:lol:

simplyjade
July 11th, 2012, 07:14 PM
My first goal was waist-length. Then I changed my mind because it seemed too short. Now I want full hip length hair. I don't think I can mange anything that goes past that!

ravenheather
July 11th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Twice. First I wanted waist length. Then I thought tailbone since that's as long as you can go without having to worry about sitting on your hair. Now I'm thinking I'll just let it grow as long as it wants. I've never had even apl hair since adulthood, so I have no idea what terminal might be.

SongofLove
July 12th, 2012, 12:27 AM
First I wanted tailbone length, then classic, then fingertip/thigh (these are almost the same on me). I think I will just grow it as long as I can while still having a thick hemline.

Jesabel
July 12th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Wow! Thanks everyone for the replies! It's interesting to see how and why everyone's goals have changed, whether longer or shorter :) So much beautiful hair, regardless :)

Quite a few times, but I like to keep my goal on here constant (32") so I can feel like I accomplish something when I do get there, lol. Yeah, LHC definitely distorts length perception, haha!

~maborosi~

Haha this is very true, I may just keep my official goal as hip until I'm there so I feel like I reached a goal :D ..and then extend it again heh.

I've entertained the thoughts of many different lengths, but officially, I've only changed my hair goal once.

I wanted to have hair down to the small of my back (hip by LHC standards) (check), and now I want TB length hair or rather hair that grazes the floor when I sit down cross-legged.

This is why I like TB length hair :)

About every 6 months. As my hair gets longer I begin to see what I'll have to deal with. In my case, I have very thick hair, and I am starting to realize anything past TBL will be a nightmare for me to deal with.

I've seen some of your previous posts and I can see what you mean, your hair is very thick, but very very gorgeous!

Twice, at first I wanted waist but when I got there it seemed so short, then I wanted classic length but now I am wondering on just letting it grow to terminal length. My reasoning is I can always cut back to a length I felt was easier if it proves too much for me, plus I'd like to do it at least once in my lifetime!

jojo! Reading this has me thinking about CL now haha. I can't imagine me ever maintaing there, but I do agree, having CL hair at least once would be lovely! And then I could cut back to HL or TBL... hmm ;)

I keep going backwards. I was at TBL and went to waist, then mid-back, then bra strap length and then APL. Shoulders might be next ;)

Your hair is very beautiful UltraBella! Seeing your previous posts has always made me envious of your hair :)

Loreley
July 12th, 2012, 02:55 AM
I've wanted thigh length since I was a child. When I joined I measured that it would be 50" and grew to that length. Now I'm at my goal but I'm thinking about growing to knee next year or cutting back to classic.

thystle
July 12th, 2012, 04:25 AM
How many times? Mmm, let's see:

#1 just past shoulder (long enough for ponytails/clipping it up)

#2 mid-back/bra strap (long enough to do a style Debra Messing had on her show The Starter Wife--a braided high ponytail)

#3 waist-ish (like Piper Halliwell on Charmed, and also my longest childhood length)

#4 oh heck, let's see if I can sit on it again--aka classic (the length it was when I joined the USAF)

And my latest official change:

#5 might as well go for it--aka knee length (and I'm almost at fingertip/mid-thigh now :O )

Of course, I went and looked at some pictures of Chrystal Gayle last month, so now I'm thinking, time for another goal...

Marcellaa
July 12th, 2012, 04:42 AM
1: BSL
2: MBL (my current length)
3: Waist (1 more inch to go)
4: Hip
... and now I'm thinking of changing it to TBL :D

CurlyCurves
July 12th, 2012, 04:28 PM
:rollin:

Started at waist, then decided hip and now considering BCL, TBL or CL!

Puertoricangirl
July 12th, 2012, 07:29 PM
My first goal was a couple inches below Waist Length, but now I want to grow it to Hip length (it might even be longer because my hair is wurly) :D

RileyJane
July 12th, 2012, 09:43 PM
I am probably going to change mine a few times easily. Right now, my ultimate goal is hip length but as of now ( b/c im superrr impatient) im only setting myself a small goal at a time. As of now, Im striving for a bit longer than BSL length, since im a mediocre BSL length :/ ive been having really good growth this past month thou, so maybe ill be a solid (and hopefully past) BSl length soon, so i can move on to waist. My deadline is by the end of September, so wis me luck!

And yes LHC constantly makes me want to try longer and longer :)

sun-kissed
July 12th, 2012, 09:50 PM
#1 Classic
#2 Perhaps not quite classic.
#3 Classic!
#4 Ya know, tailbone length looks pretty good..
#5 Knee length...?

Heck, I don't know what I want, LET'S JUST GROW, shall we? I'll stop when I choose to stop, and until then I'm just along for the ride.

adrowningfish
July 12th, 2012, 10:23 PM
For a while I only wanted waist, but I'm SET on hip now. Maybe TBL, but I'm not too anal about it. :D

Lady Neeva
July 12th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Never. It used to be waist, but I've reached that and by the time I did, I had no interest in growth.