PDA

View Full Version : Think i'm at BSL yet?

shutterpillar
July 10th, 2012, 12:50 PM
My hair is just brushing the top of my bra strap... I always told myself that I wont count it as BSL until my hair reaches at least the middle of my strap, but then I was looking at it in the mirror the other day, and I am coming up on about 5 or so inches left until waist. So surely I am BSL by now, right? It seems to me like most people reach MBL after BSL, but from my pictures and observing my hair, there doesn't seem to be a MBL for me. Just BSL, then bam, i'm at waist. Maybe I have a short torso?

Anyway... that was more rambling than I intended. BSL or not? What do you think? Please be honest. It will not hurt my feelings if the general consensus is that I should wait a couple more months and reevaluate.

Your traditional length picture:
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad351/ashmey86/Hair/Picture1876-2.jpg

And one mirror picture for good measure:

http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad351/ashmey86/Hair/Picture2-2.jpg

Do you see what I mean about my waist, though? BSL, then waist is but a mere 5 inches away.

And can I just say that I can not wait until my layers grow out? They make my hair look so thin. :( The shortest ones are the ones up by my shoulder and they are driving me nuts.

Kayla Nyx
July 10th, 2012, 01:00 PM
nope, looks BSL to me. Congratz!

MeowScat
July 10th, 2012, 01:01 PM
You look like you're at BSL to me! Your hair doesn't look thin at all, once your layers are grown out you're going to have REALLY thick looking hair. Lucky girl.

Congratulations on reaching BSL! Isn't it exciting to reach a milestone like that? It really is worth the patience of waiting and waiting...and waiting for it to grow. But, good grief, it takes foreverrrr!

Yay for you! Now go treat yourself to a new hairtoy! Hee-Hee! :D

maborosi
July 10th, 2012, 01:02 PM
I'd say you're at BSL.

I don't think your hair looks thin! Though I used to worry about the same thing when I was at waist with layers. If you think it might look bad, why not pick a spot to maintain at for a little while to thicken your hemline? :)

Congrats! Very pretty color, too!

~maborosi~

Macaroni
July 10th, 2012, 01:07 PM
You are definitely BSL, congrats!

MintChocChip
July 10th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Yep I think you're at BSL too. You're like me, I have very little distance between BSL and waist too. It's APL and BSL that seems the biggest distance. Not sure why...

shutterpillar
July 10th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I'd say you're at BSL.

I don't think your hair looks thin! Though I used to worry about the same thing when I was at waist with layers. If you think it might look bad, why not pick a spot to maintain at for a little while to thicken your hemline? :)

Congrats! Very pretty color, too!

~maborosi~
Thank you! I was considering this the other day, and cant decide if I want to stay around BSL and maintain there, or do it when I reach waist. Definitely something to think on.

Zesty
July 10th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Looks like solid BSL to me too. :)

shutterpillar
July 10th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Yep I think you're at BSL too. You're like me, I have very little distance between BSL and waist too. It's APL and BSL that seems the biggest distance. Not sure why...

I hear that. It seemed to take forever!

Amanah
July 10th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Thank you! I was considering this the other day, and cant decide if I want to stay around BSL and maintain there, or do it when I reach waist. Definitely something to think on.

Maybe maintain at BSL till layers are gone and then let it grow?

pink.sara
July 10th, 2012, 01:32 PM
I'd say that can be BSL :) Congratulations!

I'm in the same boat with the BSL waist gap being small, I think I'll also call BSL before the bottom of the strap as a result.

patienceneeded
July 10th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Looks BSL to me! FYI, I have only 3" between BSL and Waist. I truly have no torso...

Case in point - my inseam is 3" longer than DH's, but he's 2" taller than me! I'm all legs, no torso. Swimsuit shopping is a beast.

FrannyG
July 10th, 2012, 01:33 PM
I would call it BSL. As far as your layers, I think they look quite lovely. I think you're being too hard on yourself.

If I were you, I'd trim 1/2 inch every 3 or 4 months. That way, you'll keep gaining length, but slowly get rid of the layers, if that's your aim.

You may find that having your ends just a little thinner than the bulk of your hair gives your hair better shape and makes updos easier.

I tend to be one of those people who will tell someone if they look like they need a trim if they ask, but in your case, I don't see it.

I guess it depends how passionately you yourself dislike the layers. I suggest you try to be objective and look at your photos as though they belonged to another member here.

I think you have beautiful hair.

BrightEyes
July 10th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I say you are at BSL too. Your hair is lovely:)

I just took my measurements the other day and the distance between BSL and WL is only 3 inches. So at guess I have a short torso too.

shutterpillar
July 10th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I would call it BSL. As far as your layers, I think they look quite lovely. I think you're being too hard on yourself.

If I were you, I'd trim 1/2 inch every 3 or 4 months. That way, you'll keep gaining length, but slowly get rid of the layers, if that's your aim.

You may find that having your ends just a little thinner than the bulk of your hair gives your hair better shape and makes updos easier.

I tend to be one of those people who will tell someone if they look like they need a trim if they ask, but in your case, I don't see it.

I guess it depends how passionately you yourself dislike the layers. I suggest you try to be objective and look at your photos as though they belonged to another member here.

I think you have beautiful hair.

Thank you. :) I was considering trimming every 4 months as well, and is probably what I will end up doing. I just trimmed half an inch last month, so my next trim will be in October.

I think we are all our own worst critics. I dislike the layers when I try to do some of the braided styles that I see around here... they poke out of my braids, even after being oiled.
Also, I am aiming for a thicker U-shaped hemline, so I think I need to lose about 4 inches of layers before that will happen. Perhaps I will enjoy them when they finally grow out past shoulder length. It's that shortest layer that I dont like. That is the last of the "face framing layers" that a stylist cut into my hair back in March.

Thank you for your kind words, FrannyG, and everyone else. It definitely picks my self esteem up. :)

I think I will celebrate my goal by going stick hunting in the backyard in hopes of finding a new hair stick candidate. ;) :disco:

Lady Neeva
July 10th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Looks over.

jojo
July 10th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Without a shadow of a doubt you are a beautiful bsl and I see no thiness just beautiful hair. I only have 3" From bsl to waist difference and it seemed to take forever but I got there and so will you. Don't be too critical on yourself, you are growing well and your hair looks just lovely :)

prettykitty
July 10th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I'd say BSL too. I don't think your hairs thin, I think I see some layers in there?
It's a gorgeous colour, too :)

bunzfan
July 10th, 2012, 03:24 PM
I count BSL as the top of your bra stap so in my opinion your past it. As for the layers i hear you i started growing them out at your length and they are only just going now. I also think your hair will look really thick once there gone. Congrats :flowers:

carolinaberry
July 10th, 2012, 03:37 PM
I'd call it BSL. And I love the color!

lapushka
July 10th, 2012, 05:13 PM
I think BSL is the bottom of the bra strap (underneath the breasts), so I think you're at "can I call this BSL" length. I don't think your hair's thin at all. It's lovely! :)

Dandelion6
July 10th, 2012, 05:19 PM
You are definitely at BSL and possibly only 3 inches away from waist.

MrsGuther
July 10th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Looks like it's at BSL. :)

moltabella
July 10th, 2012, 11:36 PM
i totally feel your pain.

BSL for me is right above waist. Kinda sucks the fun out of reaching that milestone lol i'll be between APL and BSL forever!

Rose Petal
July 11th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Yep, I agree with the general consensus. A BSL from me

Ticky
July 11th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Yup, as it has been stated, BSL!

blondie9912
July 11th, 2012, 08:30 PM
You're BSL :) I disagree with what you said about waist being right after BSL on you, though. To me it seems as though (looking at the first photo) waist is just a touch below where the most prominent wrinkle of your shirt is on the right side.

shutterpillar
July 12th, 2012, 03:41 PM
You're BSL :) I disagree with what you said about waist being right after BSL on you, though. To me it seems as though (looking at the first photo) waist is just a touch below where the most prominent wrinkle of your shirt is on the right side.

Correct.... In my original post I said it was still about 5 inches away from waist, and was judging around that wrinkle as the waist mark. I have no "middle back length". It goes right from BSL to waist, which is about 5 inches away from BSL. To me, it would be silly to count MBL (about 3 inches from where I am now) when waist is only about 5 inches away. Hopefully I should get there by spring of next year.

Silverbrumby
July 12th, 2012, 03:47 PM
My hair is just brushing the top of my bra strap... I always told myself that I wont count it as BSL until my hair reaches at least the middle of my strap, but then I was looking at it in the mirror the other day, and I am coming up on about 5 or so inches left until waist. So surely I am BSL by now, right? It seems to me like most people reach MBL after BSL, but from my pictures and observing my hair, there doesn't seem to be a MBL for me. Just BSL, then bam, i'm at waist. Maybe I have a short torso?

Anyway... that was more rambling than I intended. BSL or not? What do you think? Please be honest. It will not hurt my feelings if the general consensus is that I should wait a couple more months and reevaluate.

Your traditional length picture:
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad351/ashmey86/Hair/Picture1876-2.jpg

And one mirror picture for good measure:

http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad351/ashmey86/Hair/Picture2-2.jpg

Do you see what I mean about my waist, though? BSL, then waist is but a mere 5 inches away.

And can I just say that I can not wait until my layers grow out? They make my hair look so thin. :( The shortest ones are the ones up by my shoulder and they are driving me nuts.

Your hair is lovely and congratulations. I bet people are not commenting on the length. It's a solid BSL on the way to waist IMO.

Woot!